Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

hi,everyone,correct me if i'm wrong but could that be a cheshire gap streamer brewing up for the mids tomorrow night??with those showers coming in from the irish sea!!!many thanks in advance.

thats what Im hoping for, although winds look too westerly, showers look weak but could leave a covering, im hoping for upgrades on this

Posted

hi,everyone,correct me if i'm wrong but could that be a cheshire gap streamer brewing up for the mids tomorrow night??with those showers coming in from the irish sea!!!many thanks in advance.

No, i'm not seeing a Cheshire gap Streamer. the next front is coming down from the north.

Edited by Lancs_Northants

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

I knew the quiche repeated on him, so why's he repeating on the quiche? :nonono: Must be Andy's lust for revenge... :diablo:

Ahhh, the good old Quichegate saga! :D

Haha :D I haven't had anymore of that quiche!! I am offering it to you guys to 'try' :D

Not really, i'm not that mean :D

Posted

No, i'm not seeing a Cheshire gap Streamer. the next front is coming down from the north.

many thanks,just thought i saw some on beeb before the actual front comes through.

Posted

Radar shows some possible precipitation coming down the M6 to North Brum area.

Anyone seen anything out the window?

It could be nothing.

Posted

What a fantastic day. I have not seen a cloud at all today. Currently -3.9C and falling which isnt bad seeing as the gizmo is placed against the very warm house

Posted

Bitterly cold night it seems in the Midlands, -6/7/8s seem more then possible and indeed some areas already as low as -6C, so already a little colder then last night in some areas!

I'd have also thought an ice day is more then possible for many parts of the Midlands tomorrow.

Posted

Nice to see a much more lighthearted discussion in this thread tonight lol! Its also great that winter has set in now!

Things look good for the upcoming days too but I am relatively happy with the cold sun and dusting of snow lately. I just can't believe how cold it already is tonight - glad the car is in the garage ice free.

I've only been browsing on my phone lately though but it seems that we might get some decent snow in the coming week?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

18z downgrades the snow for the SE so far and pushes it further South therefore their snow doesnt last as long.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

gfs 18Z snow depth experimental charts :p i know not accurate, but according to them im snowless next week

Mark, no disrespect, but its this kind of post that drives many people on here potty......you say you know that particular chart is not accurate, yet still post the 'wallbash' emoticon, inferring that your having moan....for no reason at all!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

Bloody hell -5.2C already. Have not seen it this cold, this early, for some time. How low will it go ? ...my all time record in my five or so years of recording is -8.1C.

Posted
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'
  • Location: Sth Staffs/Shrops 105m/345' & NW Snowdonia 219m/719'

can someone please give me the link for the counrty file forecast weather which was on eariler coz i missed it

Should be up on BBC I-player here soon... will be about 45 minutes into the prog when they get it uploaded and working!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00pstkz/Countryfile_03_01_2010/

Edited by kar999

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

The EA and SE thread has gone very quite whistling.gif

Fantastic isn't it :air_kiss:

At least we didn't have built up hopes, so any fall is relatively small for us!

-6c here now! Got about 8-10 hours of potential cooling to go as well :D

LOL at one comment in there though, mentioning balanced posts and Steve Murr in the same sentence. He knows his stuff, no denying that, but he is far from balanced!

Edited by nick2702

Posted

Northamptonshire current temps:

-6.2C Wellingborough

-4.8C Desborough

-3.6C Pitsford

-3.2C Brixworth

Quite a range, but all united in cold.

VERY good 18z by the way in the shorter term- longer term not so good and pretty much wipes out the weekend's snow risk for the region but it's just one run.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

To be honest i still wouldnt mind betting that come the wkend there will be a lot more snow forecast , what i mean is weather that front makes it or not its possible that troughs and areas of ppn will be chucked off that low pressure as the winds will be strong and generaly low pressure not far away , depends on how the high situats its self over to the north .

Very snowy wk in general

Posted

Worth noting the 18z actually brings forward the main snow risk from early Wednesday to Tuesday afternoon for much of the region.

6hrs of moderate snow, temps hovering around -2C. :)

I'd expect the Met Office to extend their advisory areas tomorrow because Northants would be looking at several cm of snow by the early hours of Wednesday if the 18z is correct. I realise they do have an advisory out for the East Midlands region but it only covers the northern and eastern most counties.

Posted

Worth noting the 18z actually brings forward the main snow risk from early Wednesday to Tuesday afternoon for much of the region.

6hrs of moderate snow, temps hovering around -2C. :)

I'd expect the Met Office to extend their advisory areas tomorrow because Northants would be looking at several cm of snow by the early hours of Wednesday if the 18z is correct. I realise they do have an advisory out for the East Midlands region but it only covers the northern and eastern most counties.

do u think the chances look good for us? we only had 5cm mid dec time but everything has missed us since ( do u think it will be our part of the region?

Posted

do u think the chances look good for us? we only had 5cm mid dec time but everything has missed us since ( do u think it will be our part of the region?

Tues/Weds is currently looking very good. To miss out this time we'd have to be extremely unlucky as the majority of the model output shows that snow making good progress inland on Tuesday with a particular emphasis over Lincs/Northants/Cambs and fairly intense at times too, enough to give a good covering at the very least.

I'm going to stick my neck out and say we'll beat Dec 18's 5cm- but perhaps not by much. Still, it will be a lot colder this time. And there'll be scope for topups right the way through the week!

Edited by NorthantsSnow

Posted

The last time I remember a set-up as similar to this on the archives was in the mid-eighties and I will have to try and remember the specific date, but Northants/Beds/Herts/Bucks all got between six and eight inches.

Oh the memories :whistling:

Posted

The last time I remember a set-up as similar to this on the archives was in the mid-eighties and I will have to try and remember the specific date, but Northants/Beds/Herts/Bucks all got between six and eight inches.

You big tease! If you could find the date that would be great, would be interesting to compare charts, etc... :whistling: