Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Cold Spell Discussion:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

Already at -5c here and we don't have a snow cover which normally helps , lowest so far here was -7.4c earlier in the winter (NOV , i think) 'i reckon we could beat that tonight

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Im not sure why the temperature is fluctuating so much? Went to -1.6c and has sat at -1.3c for an hour now! Why??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

pertol station up the road says -6.2 here already. :yahoo:

Not sure if thats correct could do with james or snowmad to report their temps to confirm it.

snowcover will reduce temps further i think.

My station is only reading -2.4c atm but then again dont forget its 4 or 5m off the ground :yahoo:

Edited by Snowmad79

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

-3.6c DP -6c

looking better for snow here tomorrow night, with the warm sector now way out over ireland

heres hoping anyway, whatever can go wrong will.....

Posted

Im not sure why the temperature is fluctuating so much? Went to -1.6c and has sat at -1.3c for an hour now! Why??

sounds like the station needs recalibrating.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

Took these today over t'other side of Winter Hill today , went sledging with my son just outside Blackburn (Tockholes)...made a real nice change from drab snowless Wigan.

Thanks for the tip wysiwyg , the silly thing is ,is that i have posted photos in the past but couldn't remember how i had done it (must be my age)

Why are the photo's so big<br><br>Photo's deleted (too big)<br><br>

Edited by Spurry

Posted

South Liverpool is now reporting temp as -3.8C definitely falling quite quickly over the south of the region, though its still got some way to catch my local temp.

Edited by HotCuppa

Posted

Took these today over t'other side of Winter Hill today , went sledging with my son just outside Blackburn (Tockholes)...made a real nice change from drab snowless Wigan.

Thanks for the tip wysiwyg , the silly thing is ,is that i have posted photos in the past but couldn't remember how i had done it (must be my age)

Hehe no worries mate :D was up in Tockholes on Monday (thanks to the A674 being temporarily closed) and there was still a fair bit of snow there then. With yesterday's and today's top-ups it looks fantastic! Great pics!

BTW I just noticed there is a gallery feature on the main part of the forum. I have a few from before Christmas - might just slot them there!

http://forum.netweat...ts&do=sc&cat=76

Posted

PS think you might need to resize the photos before you attach them - there is somewhere in your settings/control panel thing where you can manage your attachments I think.

Posted

Nice pics Spurry. Looks like you all had a great time.

The one's I took today, I didn't see any kids with sledges. I can't imagine those snowy hills/fields would have been as much abandoned by kids having fun in the snow, pre-ipod/social networking/PS3 days in the 60/70 & 80's lol

Had a drive out this afternoon, the car thermometer gave temps of around 1c at Stockport at 3pm. Short while later it was -2c for New Mills. In the Buxton area it was generally -6c by 4pm.

Back to Stockport it was -1c at 5:30pm.

edit: the Buxton weather site is reporting about -8c now.

Edited by Interitus

Posted

You are not the only one Backtrack. The temp. rose a little late afternoon here, and then fell back.

According to the Davis it is now up yet again to -3.9c. I can only put that down to limited and variable cloudcover. Skies have not been completely clear all day (patchy light cloud) and that remains the case. Perhaps there is another explanation although if so I do not know what it may be.

Posted

-6.5 here as i turned into my drive about an hour ago. unfortunately, i will have to start the car if i want to check it again. it was -4.5 in top mossley if anyone is interested as i drove through. at about 5pm it was about -1.5 at liverpool airport.

Posted

-6.5 here as i turned into my drive about an hour ago. unfortunately, i will have to start the car if i want to check it again. it was -4.5 in top mossley if anyone is interested as i drove through. at about 5pm it was about -1.5 at liverpool airport.

-4 or thereabouts (-4.2c now ha! biggrin.gif ) is definitely about right for Mossley and parts of Oldham at the moment. As I say, the fluctuations - and they are minimal, aside from keeping the temp. up in the first place - I can only put down to variable cloud.

Thanks for the information by the way whitewitch. smile.gif