Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms

After many years of living in a snow deprived state. It is now OUR turn for snow. OUR TURN!

Posted

Hey,

BBC Spotlight was going with snow pretty much all the way, as was Sky national and BBC national, so I would say that ITV is off the mark... as per usual... with its forecast.

But time will tell.drinks.gif

Hey

I was just about to have a look at their forecast, it would be brill if it snowed tommorow im sure you'll have a fair bit up there lol. Wednesday looks fantastic if it trakes further west.

But i agree time will tell...hopefully it will be drinks.gif all around lol.

EDIT: its -2.2c now with DP -4c

Edited by Devon-Nelly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental climate suits me very fine.

After many years of living in a snow deprived state. It is now OUR turn for snow. OUR TURN!

HA Just how i was thinking, hopefully its OUR TIME for the folk of the west country.

Posted

Thanks for the great input tonight Ian.

I agree with the icy conditions are going to be a problem before the snow.

my temp sensor is 6ft off the ground and is picking up a very cold -8.3c and the weather station is showing snow :wallbash:

Dread to think what the temp is going to be come thee morning :) :) :cold: :cold:

Take care everyone.

Posted

im only in oakdale poole and that forecast is amazing!! 25cm of snow possible wow wow wow wow please come off this is what we have been waiting for before i can remember!!!!!!!!!

Posted

Ok this is looking good/bad for most of us and i would suspect most highground areas will suffer the most. Lets just hope that the local councils and highways have enough salt/grit for the roads as reports from other councils around the country say they are starting to run out.

The only other bad thing to come of this weather event is that some of the schools will close at the sign of the first flake and we have only just got the kids back to school after christmas!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Blimey, -4.9C here already!

Looking forward to some action looking at the forecasts: 19mm on the NW forecast for Bristol i.e. 19cm of snow for Wednesday. Obviously that is just an estimate but what a lovely thought! :help:

Posted

Ok this is looking good/bad for most of us and i would suspect most highground areas will suffer the most. Lets just hope that the local councils and highways have enough salt/grit for the roads as reports from other councils around the country say they are starting to run out.

The only other bad thing to come of this weather event is that some of the schools will close at the sign of the first flake and we have only just got the kids back to school after christmas!!

Yes I mentioned this before ,looking quite serious on the news,with many council's on a very short supply..

Posted

Met Office have issued an advisory for most of the south west in regards to Wednesdays event (for those who may not have seen it) though they do say they are uncertain.

http://www.metoffice...t_warnings.html

Edited by Devon-Nelly

Posted

hi pat,laptop may be broken,but the phone comes to the rescue,come on its got to be our turn for some decent snow fall.

Hi Rich was going to knock on your door to tell you that this is looking like a possibility of very heavy snow for some...

what a time for you laptop to go down...keep an eye on here for info..

Tell your dad Cranham might get cut off up there

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Netweather current temp for Dartmoor -3C

Actual temp here... a whopping -7.9C! Infact the car was reading even lower at times.

Anything that falls from the sky is going to make it very interesting tomorrow!

Posted

Funny how the met office can update an advisory but are uncertain for the southwest but if we lived in london it would be the start of the new ice age!