Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Cold Spell Discussion:

Posted

I know what you mean, all three of them are mild lovers & snow haters I think. Yesterday she was eager to keep emphasising "for the next few days High Pressure will be in control and it will be mostly dry" She was saying this as there were wintry shower graphics showing for the next two days lol

Hope they all get egg on their face come Wednesday. Please, let their be loads more snow for everyone!!!! It's winter for gods sake, it's a mandatory requirement! lol

I'm sure i remember reading somewhere that the BBC presenters had been asked to "overstate" the positives in the weather. I suppose from their point of view its pretty pointless saying there will be x inches of snow, imagine the panic it would cause. As they say wintry showers all bases are covered.

Posted

the latest fax charts ditching the warm sector, its now over southern ireland..

-3.1c DP -5c

Yep as I predicted earlier - wrt the BBC the Met Office must tear their hair out at some of the spin that the BBC put on their forecasts. Although to be fair the BBC tailor their forecasts towards the larger population areas and major travel routes - I guess they don't really care that much about folk who live out in the sticks on higher ground to the East.

Posted

Yep as I predicted earlier - wrt the BBC the Met Office must tear their hair out at some of the spin that the BBC put on their forecasts. Although to be fair the BBC tailor their forecasts towards the larger population areas and major travel routes - I guess they don't really care that much about folk who live out in the sticks on higher ground to the East.

I am more than sure the bbc forecasters are actually met office forecasters arent they? Apart from the local regional forecasters, which I presume are just employed ad hoc.

Edited by HotCuppa

Posted

the latest fax charts ditching the warm sector, its now over southern ireland..

-3.1c DP -5c

Yes, another poster alluded to this likelihood earlier. EDIT:- Wysiwyg - beat me to it!

The BBC - and this was also mentioned - have indicated a cold front moving south, warm sector not in evidence - if my memory isn't playing tricks on me again!

So positive news as we approach the much more reliable timeframe. smile.gif

Edited by winterman

Posted

I am more than sure the bbc forecasters are actually met office forecasters arent they? Apart from the local regional forecasters, which I presume are just employed ad hoc.

Well I was actually referring to the regional forecasters :) I think regardless of who employs the national forecasters, the BBC powers that be will have the final say as to what shows up on the screens!

Looking at that fax chart is that another trough i see lined up behind the main front ?

Yes although I personally can't see there being much activity left on it by the time it reaches the NW.