Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Cold Spell Discussion:

Posted

Dipped to -9.6 last night. Currently -2.2 and cloudy.

Will I be able to get out of the village this morning, and will I be able to get back home this evening if I go to the football?!

Posted

It's only the match Europe's been talking about....Blackpool v Ipswich in the cup. I'm not fussed about the football, but i did fancy going to tower models to buy some toys for myself.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Dipped to -9.6 last night. Currently -2.2 and cloudy.

Will I be able to get out of the village this morning, and will I be able to get back home this evening if I go to the football?!

if that band of ppn carries on with that intensity to our north i wouldnt like to bet money on you getting back!! could turn out heavier than the one just south of here, as it was quite weak over cumbria

Posted

It's only the match Europe's been talking about....Blackpool v Ipswich in the cup. I'm not fussed about the football, but i did fancy going to tower models to buy some toys for myself.

Well it's been raining in Preston so i doubt Blackpool has snow.

Posted

Good Morning.

Yesterday's Mild temps already eclipsed.

Current Temp 4.1C

Low Last night -2.7C

DP 1.9C

Wind Dir: WSW veering WNW

Barometer: 1012.4 steady (after rapid rise)

Lets hope this is the beginning of the real cold spell, whereby temps mild up and then rapidly flatline.

Edited by HotCuppa

Posted

Now have a wintry mix here, some rain, some sleet some hail. There is a bit of a covering still on the grass after last night. If the temps are due to fall away quickly as the day goes on it is going to freeze rapidly.

Posted

current temp here 0.1c DP -0.5c

overnight low -2.9c

sky cleared here just before 9am so it helped the temp stay low, right on the coast fringe its about 2c.

should get some wintry from the next band which is moving south with the real cold air behind it and an ne flow.

Posted

Good Morning.

Yesterday's Mild temps already eclipsed.

Current Temp 4.1C

Low Last night -2.7C

DP 1.9C

Wind Dir: WSW veering WNW

Barometer: 1012.4 steady (after rapid rise)

Lets hope this is the beginning of the real cold spell, whereby temps mild up and then rapidly flatline.

I can't believe how warm it is here, +4C.

Wind seems to be getting up, I notice the MetO has a warning for all our region, including Merseyside (dunno why here-it's roasting!)

Posted

current temp here 0.1c DP -0.5c

overnight low -2.9c

sky cleared here just before 9am so it helped the temp stay low, right on the coast fringe its about 2c.

should get some wintry from the next band which is moving south with the real cold air behind it and an ne flow.

Looks like i was bang on last night with my post very sadly. Milder temps and rain / showers.

Posted

Started snowing again here. It's really interesting to see how these showers have intensified and merged into a more organised band of snow as they have reached parts of Greater Manchester. Places out in the West and near the coasts have unfortunately been either too warm, or there wasn't enough precipitation at the time. I'm sure in the next few days with temps plummeting there will be greater chances for all parts at least seeing some falling snow.

Posted

Looks like i was bang on last night with my post very sadly. Milder temps and rain / showers.

yes its not good if you live on the coast or sitting at sea level, you dont have to go far inland and its 2 degrees colder, my temp dropped to -0.1c now the next ppn should hit cumbria in the next few hours

it could merge with the other band across nw england and beef all the showers up as long as my temp stays around freezing...

Posted
  • Location: Ilkley or at Weekends/Holidays Todmorden, West Yorkshire
  • Location: Ilkley or at Weekends/Holidays Todmorden, West Yorkshire

Pleased to see the snow coming down thick here in Todmorden this morning. This streamer has just given us a pounding for the last hour. Huge flakes coming down left about an inch and a half so far....What a nice surprise - wasn't expecting anything until later this afternoon.

Posted

I can't believe how warm it is here, +4C.

Wind seems to be getting up, I notice the MetO has a warning for all our region, including Merseyside (dunno why here-it's roasting!)

It's because they believe a a trough will arrive today that will instantly cool the temperatures and produce heavy snow right across our region and in our case like last (high humidity and freezing conditions ie icyroads.)

After having had a look at things today, there is indeed potential for temps to dramatically drop..if this occurs, and with the moisture about we could be in for some heavy snow..but regardless I think we'll get showery conditions later this afternoon / night

Warning

Wintry showers will spread across northwest England today with moderate accumulations of 2 to 5 cm with perhaps 8 to 10 cm over high ground. Widespread icy stretches are expected to form on untreated roads. The public are advised to take extra care and refer to the Highways Agency for further advice on traffic disruption on motorways and trunk roads.

Posted

Some cars taking the Saddleworth exit from J22 M62. Brave people, they must have 4-Wheel Drive.

Posted

Snowing very heavily here now, i guess the rest of the snow affected are either outside or at there window.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry and cold...

A lovely dusting of snow when opening the curtains this morning and a heavy shower about 15min ago. What a nice way to start the day. Mind you after two days in the Yorkshire Dales, I'm getting a bit blase about snow...

Posted

had some snow here in chorlton in the last hour. Its currently -4 with dp of -1.5. I think we may get sleet or rain this afternoon followed by a very hard frost so the road and pavemnts look like bein trecherous again. Good chance of further snow over the next few days

Posted

yes its not good if you live on the coast or sitting at sea level, you dont have to go far inland and its 2 degrees colder, my temp dropped to -0.1c now the next ppn should hit cumbria in the next few hours

it could merge with the other band across nw england and beef all the showers up as long as my temp stays around freezing...

I am not at sea level lol

Posted

A really pleasant surprise this morning. Snowing steadily now - has been on and off for the past hour at least - producing a good covering. biggrin.gif

Posted

I am not at sea level lol

i never said you were, in the current set up anyone at sea level OR near the coast will be seeing rain/sleet/hail showers as on the west coast its 3 or 4c hence your rain from the blasted irish sea warming

Posted

Hmmm... temp 0deg, dp 0deg. Will be interesting to see if the next shower is a sleet/rain one now. We have a nice covering though :cray:

Louise

Mcr Airport