Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North East England Cold Spell Dicussion

Ross B

Posted

A bit of a strange morning here,had some very light snow followed by about 10 minutes of drizzle which has now turned back to proper snow,albeit fairly light.

Posted
  • Location: North Kenton (Tyne-and-Wear)6miles east from newcastle airport

post-4475-12624315154413_thumb.jpgpost-4475-12624315300713_thumb.jpgpost-4475-12624314842713_thumb.jpgpost-4475-12624315980713_thumb.jpgpost-4475-12624315745913_thumb.jpgpost-4475-12624315589513_thumb.jpgpost-4475-12624315466013_thumb.jpg

Its snowing again Way hay , its also quite windy, gusting 21mph at the minute

BRING IT ON

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

If it rains im going to be so angry ! ive waited for this so it better be snow i dont have long to find out!

Posted

Great to see most areas reporting snow now.

It should freeze up quite quickly after the band of showers has passed,so anyone who gets a covering should keep it until morning.

around 3 inches since Friday morning, across this way, and its snowing again, and gusting around 21m,ph

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Turning to snow here now again, good news at last.

Yeah, snowing moderately now.

Posted

turning back to snow here in south gosforth too, however the rain did quite a bit of damage to the snow cover already here.

Posted

hi Nigel,are you enjoying it lol.

Morning Pete,

Yep im enjoying it, but not driving in it, did that yueaterday , took me an hour to get to work yesterday

i was first on the road as well , so that didnt help, driving conditions are atrocious, went out to the Team Val;ley this morning, and you still have iditos doing 70mph on the A1, Black ice all over the place,all i can say Idiots

Posted

Morning Pete,

Yep im enjoying it, but not driving in it, did that yueaterday , took me an hour to get to work yesterday

i was first on the road as well , so that didnt help, driving conditions are atrocious, went out to the Team Val;ley this morning, and you still have iditos doing 70mph on the A1, Black ice all over the place,all i can say Idiots

i know what you mean :whistling:

eased off a tad now.

Posted

rain turned to snow getting heavier in byker,rolleyes.gif hope its the start of the snow that this mornings bbc weather forecasts have been predictingwhistling.gif

Posted

rain turned to snow getting heavier in byker,rolleyes.gif hope its the start of the snow that this mornings bbc weather forecasts have been predictingwhistling.gif

i could be wrong but i think newcastle will miss most of this event.

Posted

Looks like there is a big circle around teesside, stopping anything from arriving.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Got a thaw going on here, some dripping and snow sliding off things. Also when the PPN is light it's just drizzle.

Winds are picking up here now, so hopefully the colder temps and snow will reach here soon too. Good to hear low lying parts are back to snow.

Posted

Morning Pete,

Nice pics there nigel,looks like some tricky driving conditions next week as well.

edit. the wind has really picked up here in the last 10 minutes.

Edited by Cloud 10

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Was snow until about ten minutes ago, but as I expected, the wind has picked up off the North Sea and precipitation has immediately turned sleety- temperature responded, shooting up to 1.7C. For areas near the east coast it would be nice if this main band could shove off southwards as I think it will mainly be sleet here which will seriously damage the snow cover- whereas the showers to the north of it will be of snow as they are associated with much colder upper air.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Was snow until about ten minutes ago, but as I expected, the wind has picked up off the North Sea and precipitation has immediately turned sleety- temperature responded, shooting up to 1.7C. For areas near the east coast it would be nice if this main band could shove off southwards as I think it will mainly be sleet here which will seriously damage the snow cover- whereas the showers to the north of it will be of snow as they are associated with much colder upper air.

Will the wind affect me im 8miles from the coast

Posted

i could be wrong but i think newcastle will miss most of this event.

turned sleety then stopped here. temp dropped back to 0.7oC which is good

Edited by izi

Posted

...And 8 or so miles further west, its heavy snow with large flakes. I think its the wet stuff however as there is not much evidence to try and fill the places where it has thawed.

Posted

A very sharp change in wind direction occuring over the region at the moment.

Nasy conditions here now with moderate snow and a strong wind.:cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Will the wind affect me im 8miles from the coast

It will probably turn the snow to wet stuff, but not necessarily sleety like the stuff currently affecting Cleadon- every mile inland helps! It will only be temporary anyway as colder air is set to dig in this afternoon.

Currently turning slushy out there.