Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North East England Cold Spell Dicussion

Ross B

Posted

It would be very interesting if that huge swirl of snow precip off the coast would curl over itself then slide south. If that happens the streets would be quiet tonight !

Karl

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Showers, Snowy Periods , Blizzards, Cold Weather

Hard too tell what to make of the band, some areas might see snow but it looks like we are getting the fragmented stuff BUT how will it behave as the low fills and head South.

Tough one to call, to be on the safe side, i would not mind being in Southern Durham and Teesside but i don't know. I just which it was the same intensity is the same along all the band, its just typical that the heavier stuff is out into the North Sea.

Atm its heading diesctly at me :yahoo: This might finally be my chance! :( Looks heavy aswell

Posted

Atm its heading diesctly at me :( This might finally be my chance! :( Looks heavy aswell

Does look like you could be in for a battering whilst up here it could be a bit lighter and more patchier but its one of those where its not as stright forward as it would seem.

In theory, once the easterly sets in, the heavier pulse should head towards our region. :yahoo:

I would be a bit more excited if the band did not had that fairly large hole in the middle of it!!

Posted

Does look like you could be in for a battering whilst up here it could be a bit lighter and more patchier but its one of those where its not as stright forward as it would seem.

In theory, once the easterly sets in, the heavier pulse should head towards our region. whistling.gif

I would be a bit more excited if the band did not had that fairly large hole in the middle of it!!

I know what you mean mate what time roughly is expected to arrive for me?

Posted

I know what you mean mate what time roughly is expected to arrive for me?

Tough one too call but it could arrive anytime between 10-12 for your location.

Clouds thickening and i got the smallest flakes floating past coming down at an intensity of one flake per 5 seconds. :(

I suppose one saving grace could be that if this band does not come off as we like, there is always next week. :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

I'm a bit confused, GFS PPN charts and BBC forcasts are showing the heavy snow this afternoon about 15:00.

I wonder if this PPN arriving now is going to continue to feed off the North Sea, or is the stuff coming into E Scotland going to swing down over us later?

Certainly not easy to say who will get what looking at the radar.

Posted

Tough one too call but it could arrive anytime between 10-12 for your location.

Clouds thickening and i got the smallest flakes floating past coming down at an intensity of one flake per 5 seconds. laugh.gif

I suppose one saving grace could be that if this band does not come off as we like, there is always next week. whistling.gif

I must get hit by this band surely and its orite for you with 10cm+ i have nout lmao! anyways isnt there going to be loads of snow showers from after this band! :wallbash:

Posted

I'm a bit confused, GFS PPN charts and BBC forcasts are showing the heavy snow this afternoon about 15:00.

I wonder if this PPN arriving now is going to continue to feed off the North Sea, or is the stuff coming into E Scotland going to swing down over us later?

Certainly not easy to say who will get what looking at the radar.

I have to agree that its not easy and things do seem to be a little ahead of schedule, however last nights forecasts shows the band hitting for 10AM but this mornings charts suggest slightly later. The beeb's graphics is as hard to follow as the radar atm.

I must get hit by this band surely and its orite for you with 10cm+ i have nout lmao! anyways isnt there going to be loads of snow showers from after this band! :wallbash:

Actually, i got 6CM here(might be more on grassy surfaces) and some of that thawed last night. Roofs are a little patchy although there is still a fair covering on the ground and very little thaw on the grass. In one way i would prefer to have nothing as this band would be a nothing to lose everything to gain situation whilst with lying snow, its either you going to gain some or lose alot.

Posted

I have to agree that its not easy and things do seem to be a little ahead of schedule, however last nights forecasts shows the band hitting for 10AM but this mornings charts suggest slightly later. The beeb's graphics is as hard to follow as the radar atm.

Actually, i got 6CM here(might be more on grassy surfaces) and some of that thawed last night. Roofs are a little patchy although there is still a fair covering on the ground and very little thaw on the grass. In one way i would prefer to have nothing as this band would be a nothing to lose everything to gain situation whilst with lying snow, its either you going to gain some or lose alot.

Still 6cm more than me lol ! :wallbash: And yes it should fall as snow ! so atm im just waiting :blink:

Posted

Hope the radar sorts itself out or we'll be watching the skies, which would be interesting.

Looks like our new radar site is offline on the last couple of updates.

EDIT: Just looked outside, and it's snowing!

Posted

WTF on will it rain today the band has gone cc_confused.gif

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Moderate snow now falling here on the coast, hardly any wind at the moment but forecast to pick up later with the chance of blizzards.

Posted

WTF on will it rain today the band has gone cc_confused.gif

Nothing to worry about, just a little radar glitch, as MCT says, it better sort it self out.

Been snowing lightly here for around 10-15 mins, tried to get heavier but the flakes were always small thus hardly any recovery.

Posted

Nothing to worry about, just a little radar glitch, as MCT says, it better sort it self out.

Been snowing lightly here for around 10-15 mins, tried to get heavier but the flakes were always small thus hardly any recovery.

Ive just gone on metoffice radar and it also shows its gone mellow.gif

Posted

Seem to be having a few probs at High Moorsley or data issues at the met office. Typical, chance of a snowfest and the radar images 'screw-up'..!!

Edit... Heavy snow now falling in South Shields.

Edited by NL

Posted

40 minutes now without radar, a lot could have happened in that time. Normally satellite images would become useful but not today. The way the PPN was moving doesn't tie in with the clouds at all.

Met Office had an advisory out for Wednesday now too!

Posted

40 minutes now without radar, a lot could have happened in that time. Normally satellite images would become useful but not today. The way the PPN was moving doesn't tie in with the clouds at all.

Met Office had an advisory out for Wednesday now too!

Is netweathers radar working? and has now clouded over