Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion - Part 15

Ross B

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW..... THUNDERSTORMS

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

That thing in the sea between Liverpool and Blackpool is currently going for Shropshire

What do we think???

i think thats what ive been going on about :)

Posted

Snow looks to be heading pretty much SE, its not stopped for 90 mins now, the radar suggests plenty more to come although the band is quite narrow at the moment. I would suggest the line takes it through the center of the peak district, through Buxton and on towards Nottingham and Derby, the edge to the NE Sheffield, and the edge in the SW Stoke.

Posted

Yeah that looks a bit more interesting, if it continues on its current track and doesn't weaken too much we could be in business there!

hopefully..itlooks like its still devloping looking at raintoday radar... keep an eye out on it

Posted

Very light snow shower here in Leicester LE3, hopefully catch a few more looking at the radar.

And looking good for later :)

10010300_2_0206.gif

Posted

morning all!

woke up to a slight dusting down here!

im thinking that these showers will take a more southerly track as the day goes on and the west midlands will have a few more showers dotted around the region? am i right?

Posted

The origin is definately moving a fair way south put in post code L1 then run it back a bit, hopefully this will translate into the showers coming further south. The only doubt is whether they die out or not.

Posted

Then share nicely, and blow it down the A52! pardon.gif

Started heavy, then got lighter and lighter and now stopped wacko.gif

I dont think its the end of it though - I hope sad.gif

Edit: Ooooh wait it starting againyahoo.gif its going to be one of those days ph34r.gif

Edited by Snowcheeks

Posted

Good morning all,

Currently hammering it down it Buxton.

Not sure if the current weather is actually a streamer coming in off the northwest coast?

Kind regards,

k walker

webcams and more for Buxton

Posted

Then share nicely, and blow it down the A52! :)

Already arrived in Beeston/Chilwell. Settling readily - light snow with heavier bursts for past 25 mins. Doesn't look like stopping for a good while yet!

Posted

Already arrived in Beeston/Chilwell. Settling readily - light snow with heavier bursts for past 25 mins. Doesn't look like stopping for a good while yet!

I see what you mean, it's really starting to pep up now here in the citteh! :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supernova hot summers with mega lightning storms, and SNOWMAGGEDON WINTERS!

(sound of Angels Trumpets) doo-doo-d-doo!!!

MASSIVE SNOW IT NOTTINGHAM NOW!!!!

WOO-HOO!!!!!!!!!! yahoo.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gifyahoo.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I think there is a degree of marginality involved for later, already 1.5C here compared to -4 at this time yesterday, although depoint still favourable.

Significant regional variation then, -1.4c here with a DP of -2.4c. Probably will miss out on an ice day again though.

Posted

Agree with Ian. The covering from the last shower is melting quite quickly. The North West thread is reporting rain near the coast & sleet inland away from higher ground. Seems to be a temporary blip though, with colder air moving back in later.

Posted

Snow in Nottingham- unexpected at this stage. I am starting to get the feeling that this week is going to be a classi on the Eastern side of the Midlands- might be wrong-- just a gut feeling!

Posted

Hello everyone. 1st post here from frosty Pattingham on the Shrops/Staffs border.

Is it me or is that band moving SE out of Manchester starting to track a little more on a southerly direction. Certainly shows that on the MetO radar.

Posted

That will fizzle out as it hits the N Wales coast, the main thrust of PPN is Lancs - Manchester - Derbys.

idont no cause on the latest radar loop it looks like its gone straight through the chesire gap... just hope they take more of a southerly track now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Hello everyone. 1st post here from frosty Pattingham on the Shrops/Staffs border.

Is it me or is that band moving SE out of Manchester starting to track a little more on a southerly direction. Certainly shows that on the MetO radar.

There is something wrong with your avatar pic :D

Welcome to Netweather. Yeah I was thinking that, certainly worth keeping an eye on, although knowing our luck it will die out as soon as it gets near.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

I think there is a degree of marginality involved for later, already 1.5C here compared to -4 at this time yesterday, although depoint still favourable.

sadly thats what I said yesterday, looks like rain later, already reports of 5C in NW england, someone said dont be silly, but realistically looks very marginal for Stafford anyway

Posted

snow shower left a dusting here but the temperature is rising fast and already 2.3c!!!!wallbash.gif

look at that streamer heading our way!!!yahoo.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Still way too much Easterly movement in that streamer for me. Just had a few flakes here and it's stopped now, big heavy stuff just missed by about 4 miles to my East, that needs to start moving more Southward now because it's going to miss me all day if it carries on like that.