IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion - Part 15

Ross B

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Looks like those blobs could just reach Birmingham. :yahoo:

Posted

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/Rmgfs273.gif

The 18z has upgraded the intensity of tommorow evenings snow? a little bit more.

Still fairly overcast here so hopefully another little snow shower is on the way.

Posted

The blob that was off the coast of Newcastle at midday is delivering an ultra-light quantity of snow to Nuneaton right now. Hopefully it will pickup slightly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

the setup tomorrow reminds me very much of 19th Dec 09, a saturday at around 6pm again, trough coming down from the north, GFS showed that well and failed that day, hope for better luck tomorrow for a covering, shows up well on 18Z,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

The LE3 snow shield got smashed to bits :)

Sugar dusting here from snow grains but everywhere looks white so it'll do for me :)

Posted

Looks like it's my turn to be a whinge bag tonight.

Leicester..snow

Telford..snow

Brum..snow

Northants .....................Nothing.

stop the world i need to jump off.

Edit..now snowing in Coventry.

what a crap winter this is so far.rolleyes.gif

Edited by Lancs_Northants

Posted

Woohey, snowing here, got a nice light dusting here. Was a nice surprise, wasn't expecting anything yet lol :rolleyes::clap: :lol:

Posted

The LE3 snow shield got smashed to bits :rolleyes:

Sugar dusting here from snow grains but everywhere looks white so it'll do for me :clap:

Just got back from town Andy, Leicester already has about 5cm , South wigston about 3 cm .. looked out the train window Blaby got a covering, Got to Narborough and nothing what so ever.... I'm moving :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Got a few flakes of snow falling here now. Nothing organised about the clouds overhead so just a few flakes of snow this evening.

Edit: Just looking at the 18z GFS and I'm looking forward to tomorrow! Should get a nice covering here, and with temperatures expected to plummet during next week under clear skies, it'll stay there for a long time with little or zero chance of it melting until this cold spell eases off, which doesn't look like happening next week.

Yey, I can see some tiny flakes starting to fall (I live just to the south east of Birmingham).

You could almost say this has turned out to be a little bit of a snowy new year!

Yeah, there's definitly potential for quite a bit more tommorrow. It should be good. smile.gif

Edited by Rainbow Snow

Posted

Just got back from town Andy, Leicester already has about 5cm , South wigston about 3 cm .. looked out the train window Blaby got a covering, Got to Narborough and nothing what so ever.... I'm moving smile.gif

Leicester 5cm rofl.gif

wigston 3 cm rofl.gif

you been on the brandy fella??

you are telling me that all that snow fell from the little band or shall i say blob???

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

the setup tomorrow reminds me very much of 19th Dec 09, a saturday at around 6pm again, trough coming down from the north, GFS showed that well and failed that day, hope for better luck tomorrow for a covering, shows up well on 18Z,

Indeed Stourbridge did so well out of that wherhas hardly anyone else did. :rolleyes:

We had huge flakes and heavy snow for about 40 mins giving about 3cm.

Edited by Blizzards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Looks like it's my turn to be a whinge bag tonight.

Leicester..snow

Telford..snow

Brum..snow

Northants .....................Nothing.

stop the world i need to jump off.

Edit..now snowing in Coventry.

what a crap winter this is so far.rolleyes.gif

Cannock...nothing

I know it's totally unlike me, but this is awful.

Posted

Well the light dusting for Nuneaton is almost over, didnt quite get enough to turn pavements completely white, more like 70-80%. I was impressed considering how far it travelled.

Edited by SteveElbows

Posted

Following on from the other thread, I might be thinking of another event but I've definately seen 5/6in in my short time. Like I said, I must be getting mixed up

Long way off, but BBC forecasting heavy snow for next Wednesday

Posted

Leicester 5cm rofl.gif

wigston 3 cm rofl.gif

you been on the brandy fella??

you are telling me that all that snow fell from the little band or shall i say blob???

Not joking fella, Leicester ahd cars skidding everywhere and everything ... They don't seem to have gritted the roads. And it was coming down heavy , but I live 5 miles west of leicester and as I was going home the Snow got less and less , Leicester City centre is quite a high altitude. Where I live hasnt. although it started Snowing here half an hour ago and we have a sugar coating. Maybe 2-4cm but but we were all having snowball fights when we fell out of the pub.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Well the light dusting for Nuneaton is almost over, didnt quite get enough to turn pavements completely white, more like 70-80%. I was impressed considering how far it travelled.

Same in Coventry- the slightest of snow pellet dustings.

Posted

Following on from the other thread, I might be thinking of another event but I've definately seen 5/6in in my short time. Like I said, I must be getting mixed up

Long way off, but BBC forecasting heavy snow for next Wednesday

Gfs 18z shows heavy Snow on wednesday as well , it just shows when you get the cold air in place the ppn will come. Looks like a snowier week for some than was first forecast.

Posted

Had a nice little dusting here in bedworth also! Nothing major as elsewhere as of late but a dusting is always welcome!