Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Cold Spell Discussion Part 12

Ross B

Posted

currently 1.1/-0.4 here so very matginal - hoping its just right for the next band currently over Fife tats heading this way

Raining here at the moment help.gif after the snow shower earlier, is this gonna change through the day back to snow? Tonight looks nice and coldcold.gif

Posted

Heavy shower ofsnow pellets here at the mo. Temp 2C.

Hi Mondy. You about just now? What's appening in Falkirk?

Heavy snow around Falkirk area small flakes with a strong east breeze. Football still on at the moment, might want to check out Central FM online and listen for updates

Just heard pitch inspection at 11am.

http://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4463&Itemid=320

Edited by Cheggers

Posted

Happy new year everyone, I hope everyone had a better time than me, sitting in the house with no power!

Latest band moving into Fife has reached me and I have a bit of everthing mixed in there, although in the last 30 seconds it is turning move to snow.

Posted

shower #2 just finished, all snow here too :D off out out play now...

Posted

Raining here at the moment help.gif after the snow shower earlier, is this gonna change through the day back to snow? Tonight looks nice and coldcold.gif

Temp has dropped 0.5c in the last 30 mins (now 0.8c) so would expect that next lot out in the N Sea to fall as snow when it gets here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

In the last hour, we've had snizzle, slizzle, drizzle, sleet and snow...And, now the Sun's out! :cold:

Happy new year everyone, I hope everyone had a better time than me, sitting in the house with no power!

Disaster!! Sorry to hear it Hiya, what happened??

Posted
  • Location: South Lanarkshire Glasgow. Lat : 55.8N Lon : 4.1W ASL : 71m

just snowed really heavy there for about 20min left me a fresh layer to enjoy looking at the radar could be on and off all day so my winter wonderland continues :cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Heavy snow around Falkirk area small flakes with a strong east breeze. Football still on at the moment, might want to check out Central FM online and listen for updates

Just heard pitch inspection at 11am.

http://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=4463&Itemid=320

Thanks Cheggers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Heavy heavy snow, mainly in the form of pellets, lying everywhere. More to come in the next few hours!

Posted

Temp has dropped 0.5c in the last 30 mins (now 0.8c) so would expect that next lot out in the N Sea to fall as snow when it gets here

More blue sky now to the east, Hoping the wind dies down a bit and the temp continues falling, although the bbc weather had a rain shower over edinburgh this afternoon, tend not to trust them huge amounts.

Posted

Enjoy that big snow shower CMD, it has taken more of a westerly jog this time so it will miss me!

Posted

Disaster!! Sorry to hear it Hiya, what happened??

Haven't a clue!

Power went off at 8am on Thursday, I spent the whole morning and afternoon on the phone trying to sort it out, power came back at 2pm, then it was on off on off it finally came on at 8pm just as we were planning to evacuate to my parents. Decided to stay in and it went off again at 10.45pm and we brought in the new year with the tranny and candles.

After midnight people started to turn up to seriously find out what the deal was, I saw them use a blowtorch to melt the ice on the pavement to get at an access point! Then they started digging up the street round the corner. By that time I went to bed as the house was getting cold. Total nightmare! Then to top it off my granny got taken into hospital!

Anyway, that shower mostly fell as snow or snow pellets, it'll make a good one just a bit further inland.

I'll tell you something else the roads around here are disintegrating, huge potholes are appearing and the material that came out of them is scattered all over the roads. I cannot remember them appearing so fast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Heavy heavy snow, mainly in the form of pellets, lying everywhere. More to come in the next few hours!

Morning.

Temps and dewpoints still fairly high here at the moment 2.1c and 1.5c respectively. Anything interesting further down the line for us as it appears all around is fairing much better?

Enjoy that big snow shower CMD, it has taken more of a westerly jog this time so it will miss me!

I only caught the northern tip of it Ross, missed out!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Giant flakes now!! Whiteout in Strathmiglo!Looking very good for the rest of the day.

LS

Haven't a clue!

Power went off at 8am on Thursday, I spent the whole morning and afternoon on the phone trying to sort it out, power came back at 2pm, then it was on off on off it finally came on at 8pm just as we were planning to evacuate to my parents. Decided to stay in and it went off again at 10.45pm and we brought in the new year with the tranny and candles.

After midnight people started to turn up to seriously find out what the deal was, I saw them use a blowtorch to melt the ice on the pavement to get at an access point! Then they started digging up the street round the corner. By that time I went to bed as the house was getting cold. Total nightmare! Then to top it off my granny got taken into hospital!

Anyway, that shower mostly fell as snow or snow pellets, it'll make a good one just a bit further inland.

I'll tell you something else the roads around here are disintegrating, huge potholes are appearing and the material that came out of them is scattered all over the roads. I cannot remember them appearing so fast.

Sorry to hear about your New Year, at least the beer/wine would have stayed cold??

As for the roads, ours have taken a pounding with the freeze/thaw cycle. They were bad enough before, but are falling apart now. That coupled with all the frozen/burst pipes is going to cost a lot of people a lot of money, with plenty more of this to come.

Posted

Morning.

Temps and dewpoints still fairly high here at the moment 2.1c and 1.5c respectively. Anything interesting further down the line for us as it appears all around is fairing much better?

Don't worry, you'll get plenty of showers and lower dew points from about lunchtime onwards as the really cold air pushes southwest!

Posted

Was raining during the night, stared falling as snow at about 10am...does feel colder now! raintoday looks good for snow coming in off the sea! lets hope we get a decent fall!

Posted

Norrance - this area of Falkirk (north) isn't too bad. Snow on and off, some sleet too. Sun is currently out and feels tropical at 2.5c :wallbash:

I dunno if the game will go ahead or not. :wallbash: All trains are on.

Edited by Mondy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Don't worry, you'll get plenty of showers and lower dew points from about lunchtime onwards as the really cold air pushes southwest!

Just picking up those pellets now that you were referring to earlier on LS combined with bright sunshine!

Posted

snowing very heavily again this winter is fantastic :wallbash:

Edited by glasgow-guy