Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Cold Weather - Media Forecasts / Articles

Paul

Posted

Please use this thread to discuss the latest forecasts and articles from the media (bbc, itv, sky, newspapers etc) which relate to the current/upcoming cold weather.

Posted

Is it me or are the BBC forecasts both online and on air, very reluctant to give this potential prolonged cold spell any credit. I've seen forecasts and opinion, modules and more, that all suggest this cold snap, is gonna be more than a "snap" perhaps lasting 3 more weeks with possible daytime temps in the South East not even reaching above zero (rare).

But all the Beeb (Met boys and Girls) seem to be saying.... "Cold spell lasting in to the weekend"...

Why are they not spinning the potential long range major story????

Posted

Is it me or are the BBC forecasts both online and on air, very reluctant to give this potential prolonged cold spell any credit. I've seen forecasts and opinion, modules and more, that all suggest this cold snap, is gonna be more than a "snap" perhaps lasting 3 more weeks with possible daytime temps in the South East not even reaching above zero (rare).

But all the Beeb (Met boys and Girls) seem to be saying.... "Cold spell lasting in to the weekend"...

Why are they not spinning the potential long range major story????

I think its because they are just very uncertain like the Met Office about this prologned spell. If the Met Office are confident of this very cold and potentially snowy spell from their UKMO model probably on their 00z run on Monday, they will begin to mention it more