Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion Part 20

Methuselah

Posted

Well this would be a lovely set up in a few hours time, but alas its now... and just sleet and rain with the odd grain snow shower.

streamer.jpg

Still very promising.

:drunk:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

BBC forecast doesnt feel me with confidence, looking to the middle of next week for any worth while snow I reckon

Posted
  • Location: Bishop's Stortford in England and Klingenmünster in Germany
  • Location: Bishop's Stortford in England and Klingenmünster in Germany

TETIS - looks like you are on first. Large area of showers now in the Wash making a line for Peterborough. Showing up as sleet at the moment but will presumably change to snow.

For myself - I'm watching that larger shower that has just left Norwich as sleety rain and turned to snow around Diss.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

BBC forecast doesnt feel me with confidence, looking to the middle of next week for any worth while snow I reckon

Seriously ignore the BBC forecasts beyond 2 days. All the models are pointing to freezing cold weather, with the potential for snow come monday and tuesday.

Posted

Seriously ignore the BBC forecasts beyond 2 days. All the models are pointing to freezing cold weather, with the potential for snow come monday and tuesday.

I would too say that, on Monday they forecasted snow for today and look what happened? I agree with you that the snow showers are likely to first fall on Tuesday, probably a day earlier in North East Scotland. Great potential for significant snow. Best to take it one day at a time

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

Do you think there will be enough moisture around? Not going to stay in this so called dry cold air are we? Hope you are right and things start to happen clap.gif

Posted

the met office east of england forcast is funny on there website, says the odd wintry shower late in the nite :) , there already lines of showers coming down the suffolk and essex coast, anglia tv forcast the same just now too

Posted

Temperature steadily rising here in Lowestoft it's now 4.44c so I can leave my thermal underwear at home for the walk up to the pub later, that should please my old man.

The smell of kippers blowing in the wind :clap::)

Posted

2.4 DgC currently in Eastbourne, are we too far West to catch tomorrows snow???? :p

Posted

Looks like the NMM model is going to be right over the BBC tonight. A very nice cluster of showers entering the Wash.

Posted

There you go... acute.gif

There showing sunshine right up to wed next week!

I saw snow on the GFS for Friday morning for this area but the BBC say sun......where is the GFS getting the snow from?

Posted

I saw snow on the GFS for Friday morning for this area but the BBC say sun......where is the GFS getting the snow from?

The bbc use the ukmo model i think

On here theres more than 4 that all the members go through. I,ve worked out that the bbc is only right about 50% of the time for my location!

Posted

The bbc use the ukmo model i think

On here theres more than 4 that all the members go through. I,ve worked out that the bbc is only right about 50% of the time for my location!

Yep BBC do use the UKMO as they are affiliated with the Met Office, and UKMO stands for "United Kingdom Meteorological Office"

Posted

Looking at the way showers have been grouping in the central North Sea and moving down towards East Anglia I am optimistic about falling out of the pub to watch the fireworks in some snow here in Harwich. I have seen how they tend to fade out due to less convection at night but they do seem to have a bit of persistence this evening.

Posted

Radar is odd. Shows some convection getting going just off the north sea near the Wash coming TOWARDS the UK, but then if you flash forward on the FutureRadar it shows it actually moving AWAY from us. Bizarre!

Edited by NorthantsSnow