Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion Part 20

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Just had a look at the radar, and those showers are gearing up from the North Sea

Seriously mate, youre always banging on about how theres going to be heavy snow and heavy showers, streamers etc. Are you just trying to wind people up?

Posted

Hi,

I've seen these two charts by the GFS

prectypeuktopo.png

uksnowrisk.png

So it shows that there's a high chance of snow falling in my area tomorrow morning.

I'd just like to know if anyone could explain why it's saying this as I think it's unlikely. I haven't heard much to suggest this is going to be the case.

EDIT; The GFS shows good chance of snow from the 7th Jan too. Which is a bit exciting then gutting as it's in FI as I'd love to see that come off. Thats if I'm even reading it right lol. It had the snow over here for 7th to 10th Jan with it being close to 100% chance. I guess the run hasn't finished yet as that's as far I could see!? Once again all FI stuff and will be nowhere near as good I'd imagine but hopefully something will come out of it.

Edited by rmc1987

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow

Sleet shower ! , the cold air is here finally and its going to get colder! :drinks:

Posted

Hi,

I've seen these two charts by the GFS

prectypeuktopo.png

uksnowrisk.png

So it shows that there's a high chance of snow falling in my area tomorrow morning.

I'd just like to know if anyone could explain why it's saying this as I think it's unlikely. I haven't heard much to suggest this is going to be the case.

EDIT; The GFS shows good chance from the 7th too. Which is gutting that it's in FI as I'd love to see that come off if I'm reading it right. It had the snow over here for 7th to 10th Jan with it being close to 100% chance. I guess the run hasn't finished as that's all I could see the last bit! Once again all FI stuff and will be nowhere near as good I'd imagine but hopefully something will come out of it.

This is a forecasters nightmare. Possibility the convection - ppn from the North Sea will move further inland

Posted

Belter of runs today especially from ECM and GFS, a very cold and snowy NE/ENE in prospect for next week!

Edited by Snowman0697

Posted

This is a forecasters nightmare. Possibility the convection - ppn from the North Sea will move further inland

Earlier i would of agreed but looking at the radar it looks like it might just clip the far south coast? seems to be more on a south track instead of moving across the east

Posted

Everything is setting up to be a very cold, very snowy couple of weeks guys! Keep your fingers crossed that the models keep producing such amazing winter charts!

Posted

Temperature steadily rising here in Lowestoft it's now 4.44c so I can leave my thermal underwear at home for the walk up to the pub later, that should please my old man.

Posted

Personally after tomorrow I dont expect any snowfall until Tuesday, and thats when the real fun begins in terms with snow

Posted

^ Fantastic , no updates on the bbc forecasts yet of snow though :drunk:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storms

Earlier i would of agreed but looking at the radar it looks like it might just clip the far south coast? seems to be more on a south track instead of moving across the east

Hi Andy H,

I think its moving mainly east and heading in land towards north London. How far in land? Its hard to call at the current time.

Give it an hour or two and the met office may upgrade there warnings.

Posted

What are the current models showing Snowman!?:cold::drunk:

Well it looks like at the moment a very cold and dry weekend with lots of sunshine and quite severe frosts. And proberly the same on Monday too. By Tuesday I expect snow showers coming off the North Sea to become more frequent as the day progresses and may lead to coverings to start with in some areas. A Very cold and Snowy outloo.

But 5 days away in the weather is a long time...

Edited by Snowman0697

Posted

Heavy sleet here!! , come on get colder :whistling:

Posted

^ Fantastic , no updates on the bbc forecasts yet of snow though :whistling:

Check out Michael's forecast on Netweather to be honest I think he is spot on! I dont think I have watched the BBC for about 10 days now, waste of time and space, or less Rob is on! :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Storms

It was supposed to start when this low pressure pulled away and dragged in cold north east winds with snow , we keep doing this EVERY time there is a cold/snow spell... Tomorrow looks great! ,this weekend looks good , next week looks great . I'll stick to a day to day basis crazy.gif

How very true

Posted

in gorleston earlier we saw a gritter lorry, then Southernman just phoned me to say there are on and off snow flurries at Reedham and he saw another gritter lorry (or maybe the same one) in St Olaves, just down the road.

It appears to be dropping in temperature here although no rain/sleet/snow yet.

Posted

Guys, check out the latest met office rainfall radar - looks like there may be increasing activity out over east anglia! :whistling: Hope this turns into something.