Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scottish Cold Spell Discussion Part 11

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Frustrating times here in Fife, with all of the showers either tracking north, south, east or west of here! Hopefully that comma makes it this far south, because radar watching at the moment is painful.

Posted

Oh no can feel a few checks of the radar happening later on through bleery eyes, unable to understand exactly what I a looking atcrazy.gifcrazy.gif

Posted

When is it going to get warm again, I mean if its going to be this cold it could at least snow right? That and outside still hasn't been cleared and we have two inches of what was snow is now ice and I've fallen over and busted my wrist.

It's baltic outside, still not above 0C because nothing outside has even thawed just a touch. Come on more snow!

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy

Frustrating times here in Fife, with all of the showers either tracking north, south, east or west of here! Hopefully that comma makes it this far south, because radar watching at the moment is painful.

Aye LS,

I think someone has inflated the old Fife snow dome from last winter whistling.gif

Big Innes.

Posted

Aye LS,

I think someone has inflated the old Fife snow dome from last winter whistling.gif

Big Innes.

Definatley more showers off the coast, but I have a horrid feeling the wind is going to go more North again thus Angus, Fife, Edinburgh will miss out.

Hope Im wrong

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I bet you would rather enjoy your snow Pete,and by the sound of it it is not in short supply in your area today.

Of course, Rollo. I always enjoy my snow...Yours is on the way! :(:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Aye LS,

Big Innes.

It looks like it's affecting aberdeen as well at the moment. Not to worry, we'll see some before the bells, I reckon, but at the moment the wind isn't easterly enough to blow those showers inland and it isn't notherly enough to blow those ones in the north down either!! Having said that the black clouds to our northeast are building, though no snow at Cupar just yet and nothing that major looking on the radar - maybe later on?

LS

edit: that shortwave feature on Friday night/ Saturday looks like it might give us a dumping - heres hoping!

Edited by LomondSnowstorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Enjoying a new covering of snow the noo. Its covered the path and drive i've just finished clearing!! (although i have one of two tough patches of 2/3" thick ice which i cannae shift due to nae salt or grit available !!!)

Posted

For all Aberdeen people. I can see a cell moving in from the NNE on the radar - I predict a snow shower in thenext 15 mins....

Half an hour maybe (if it doesn't deviate or fizzle). It's painfully slow but encouragingly looks as if it might even be growing...

Edited by doctormog

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy

Definatley more showers off the coast, but I have a horrid feeling the wind is going to go more North again thus Angus, Fife, Edinburgh will miss out.

Hope Im wrong

Aye SP33,

On the Radar, it looks like the convection is getting quite busy out there to our Eastgood.gif

As usual some will be lucky and some ull nooops.gif

Big Innes.

Posted

Half an hour maybe (if it doesn't deviate or fizzle). It's painfully slow but encouragingly looks as if it might even be growing...

That's it started to get black over the horizon tho the NE - hopefullythe next 5 - 10 mins

Posted

I hate to mention it but that little warmish sector that's supposed to pass over Scotland tomorrow night is still there in the 12Z GFS. No mention of anything slighly warmer in the TV forecasts though. In fact, they are talking about it getting colder again, presumably because of the air that comes in behind that low.

I think the party has started here. Queen greatest hits on at full bung, almost dark enough outside for a beer!! Funny thing about the Queen greatest hits is that is was part of BoyCatch#1's Xmas presents. He's 5. Now jumping about like a lunatic singing like only a 5 year old can. Him, not me, yet.

I am glad I'm not going anywhere tonight as the ice is lethal. I hope everyone takes care if out and about later, although I fear some people will be in A&E with broken bones by the morning. I can understand why the Inverness party was cancelled, it would be too dangerous to have an already stretched Ambulance Service having to deal with a whole load more problems.

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Posted

Looks as if it might just clip Aberdeen with the majority going just to the west of the city. Booooo. :)

Posted

Embra airport just reported snow with thunder.

Thundersnow is the must have winter accessory these days... :)

My office is out next to the Airport but i never heard thunder :) The snow was incredible though! Managed a few cm's in under an hour!

Back here in Killie there is nothing happening.

Posted

After a rather uneventful day around the Glasgow area weather wise I'd expect to see the temperature dropping quite quickly over the next few hours.

I like the look of the current GFS thats rolling out just now with a decent chance of snow for many Friday into Saturday.

Posted

Looks as if it might just clip Aberdeen with the majority going just to the west of the city. Booooo. :)

It's getting more overcast but it's not exactlysnow bearing cloud is it!

Yeah, I did notice in the last radar sequence how it moved west more than it moved south.

Posted

just had a heavy hail shlower which is now laying finally the ground is whitebiggrin.gif temp is falling now so hopefully all showers now will be white rather than sleet

Posted

This is depressing me! Just wish it would snow...we need a bit more of a northerly to drag those showers to aberdeen!

Posted

This is depressing me! Just wish it would snow...we need a bit more of a northerly to drag those showers to aberdeen!

Tell me about it! More of a northerly is EXACTLY what we need.

Not only does it give us more showers, but less of a sea influence and therfore no thaw risk