Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ireland Cold Spell Discussion:

Methuselah

Posted
  • Location: Coleraine,Macosquin,County Londonderry, Northern Ireland

still sleeting here and is 2.4c expecting front to move down by 15:00 there afterwards showers should turn to snow! :pardon: this is all going by boards.ie

Posted

Straight moderate rain here in Carryduff at 400 feet. Dew point currently 0.5oC. Very gusty north easterly, feels flippin cold out and about.

Dew points should drop below freezing around dusk, unfortunately precipitation will have likely died out by then.

Really not expecting any snow here over the next 5 days other than some flurries in the breeze. For County Down North Easterlies and Easterlies just dont deliver in my view. Best chance of snow is a low pressure moving in from the atlantic.

For central eastern and southern ireland very good chance of snow streamers off the Irish Sea with perhaps parts of DerryAntrim and Tyrone catching something as well.

For me it's a waiting game.

Edited by mountain shadow

Posted

The winds are changing to a more NE direction which is bringing the front south which inturn should change any showers to snow and give us a cold frosty night tonight then maybe some snow showers tomorrow! I have long been waiting for this as i am fed up of 2c nights and am now excited for -10c nights and snow again!!!!!! yay!

Posted

Kippure- Those pics look like the Military Road. Do you live near there? It must be difficult trying to get around up the mountains.

Here at low levels in Dublin, it's begun to give some sleety rain after raining incessantly for the past 36 hours. I can see the watery snowflakes on the window pane. It'll probably start vacillating between rain, sleet and snow by this evening as dew points fall.

Imagine if this had been snow for all of us - we'd be shovelling ourselves out buy this stage!!

Posted

Kippure- Those pics look like the Military Road. Do you live near there? It must be difficult trying to get around up the mountains.

Here at low levels in Dublin, it's begun to give some sleety rain after raining incessantly for the past 36 hours. I can see the watery snowflakes on the window pane. It'll probably start vacillating between rain, sleet and snow by this evening as dew points fall.

Imagine if this had been snow for all of us - we'd be shovelling ourselves out buy this stage!!

No there just at killikee car park, above the hell fire club.

Posted

When the heck can we expect this pile of crap to move away as it has been here for 3 days now nearly four and is just rising the temps up and down between 2.5c 3.5c all 3 days its awfull and is depressing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do not care if i get snow as long as temps are colder alot colder by tomorrow!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

moderate sleety snow, outdoor temp 0.8c, what an awful day, raw and windy, very wet, totally miserable. max temp of 2.3c. :lol:

Posted

When the heck can we expect this pile of crap to move away as it has been here for 3 days now nearly four and is just rising the temps up and down between 2.5c 3.5c all 3 days its awfull and is depressing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do not care if i get snow as long as temps are colder alot colder by tomorrow!

Mate, you're living near the coast so you have to adjust your expectation levels accordingly. Either that or move to Braemar, Chamonix or somewhere else that gets deluged with snow. :unknw:

Posted

No there just at killikee car park, above the hell fire club.

Isnt that in south county Dublin?:lol:

I hope to head to the Dublin mountains on Saturday, presumably there will be a decent covering higher up.:lol:

Its 3.0C here in north Co Dublin, with relentless gales blasting in off the sea.

Easterly gales are always fun at an east-facing coast, especially when combined with persistent rain.

Edited by DaBrigg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Western Ireland looks like it's taking a battering, been torrential PPN there for about 4 hours and the radar overlay says it's snow :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Unfortunately it's mostly rain and sleet at the moment. Can't imagine the snow depths on the mountains though!

Posted

Mate, you're living near the coast so you have to adjust your expectation levels accordingly. Either that or move to Braemar, Chamonix or somewhere else that gets deluged with snow. :D

Do not worry now the cold has arrived plummeting temps all day currently 1c and mins of -10c are possible!

Posted

I see they have lifted all early warings for snow now we miss out once again bring back the north westerly or cool westerly thats or best chance for snow f___ the north east uk they always get itdiablo.gifdiablo.gifdiablo.gif

Don't worry our time will come around again, I see you winding them up recently!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: blizzards and frost.

its gonna be a cold one tonight. massive temp drop here. was 2.3c at 12:40pm, now has plummeted to -0.3c by 13:30hrs so a temp drop of 2.6c in 50 minutes. wrap up warm folks and look out for your neighbours. :D