Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scottish Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Snow stopped now here, but more showers building to our east. So I'm off to bed.

Will hopefully wake up to another inch or so.

LS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

-9'C with heavy snow, now that's rare!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

whereabouts are you? I'm guessing Elgin to Forres?

I'm from one of the higher inland parts of Inverness, now -7'C with moderate snow. The whole city is getting snow however and it's still -6'C at the airport and that's more or less coastal!

Edited by NorthernRab

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.

East coast airfield readings indicating further coastal warming/modification going on just now.

Aberdeen 3c/DP 1c, Leuchars 3c/DP 0c, Edinburgh 2c/DP 1c, Newcastle 3c/DP 2C

Looking like Wednesday will generally be the "warmest" day thus far on the Scottish east coast for a couple of weeks. Can't see anything in Wednesdays weather that will peg the temps/DP's back to colder values and I'd speculate there'll be some mushing/slushing of snow a bit futher inland/upland to accompany this. Non-fatal to the snow cover for most but for us coasties could be a bit of a slushy melt on... probably a fatal one for Leith :lol:

Edited by by-tor

Posted

Heavy RAIN shower here just now

Temp 4c

DP 0c

Got the showers but its too warm. Need an injection of cold air from somewhere!

p.s look at the 0zs for here at 180. GFS has daytime temps in the central belt of -5c

Edited by JoeShmoe

Posted

Yeh we are wet this morning too. Sleet and hail showers. The wind swings slighty more to the north of east later today, and hopefully this will drop the temps little.wallbash.gifwallbash.gif

Leuchars is showing 5.1.........that is some warming effect off the sea!!!

Edited by Snowplough33

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

Quite warm temps in Glasgow overnight too it seems. 3C according to weather.co.uk

Posted

Anyone think the temps are likely to drop today?

The showers seem to clearing away starting in the NE and clearing southwards too cc_confused.gif

Hopefully some colder air??

Posted

-5C and freezing fog has just lifted!!! Further 2 or 3cms of snow during the night

Nice streamer running up the Cromarty and Dornoch Firth. Wil it come south just a tad to give us some more showers?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: A foggy and frosty morning with newly fallen pristine snow - Paradise!

Perth +2.1C this morning with rain showers. Drip, drip, drip outside.:(

Posted

Morning everyone. Bit of a thaw going on here, all the snow that had fallen last night has gone. :( All cars clear of snow. Temp 2.7°C and DP is -1.3°C, is this likely to be temporary?

And its very windy

very heavy hail smashing off the windows right now

Posted

Relatively warm this morning at 0c and about another 8cms of snow overnight, tree branches are begining to bend!!!!

Relatively warm this morning at 0c and about another 8cms of snow overnight, tree branches are begining to bend!!!!

Correction 4cms of snow getting a bit carried away !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Correction 4cms of snow getting a bit carried away !

:D And, I was about to call you a jammy sod! Looks like it'll freeze hard again, tonight. :D

Posted

We've had a bit of a dusting of snow overnight - only 1 or 2cm.

But it has got a lot kilder, currently at +1.6'C so I guess it's marginal for any showers that do come our way.

Still got plenty of snow on the ground I doubt that will disapear to fast unless it gets a good bit warmer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Looking at the uppers, it doesn't look like getting very-much warmer; -8Cs should coming back South later today and tonight?? :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Showers here more of hail or rain than snow at the moment. As the day goes on though the uppers get a bit lower and the 0C isotherm drops to 400 metres for most eastern areas, which should ensure snowfall. Even so, this warming is very annoying, as it means you have to look for showers to miss you for a few hours. I think temperatures will max out around 10.30am before the colder uppers kick in and turn the showers back to snow for most.

Posted

Showers here more of hail or rain than snow at the moment. As the day goes on though the uppers get a bit lower and the 0C isotherm drops to 400 metres for most eastern areas, which should ensure snowfall. Even so, this warming is very annoying, as it means you have to look for showers to miss you for a few hours. I think temperatures will max out around 10.30am before the colder uppers kick in and turn the showers back to snow for most.

FANTASTIC.......0910............Just had a very intense hail/snow storm and got 2 cracks of lightning from it right overhead.......!!!

I have never seen this beforeyahoo.gifyahoo.gif

SP33

Posted

FANTASTIC.......0910............Just had a very intense hail/snow storm and got 2 cracks of lightning from it right overhead.......!!!

I have never seen this beforeyahoo.gifyahoo.gif

SP33

Yes! Thundersnow in the vicinity! Just hoping we can get enough snow this evening to compensate for any melt that occurs. Currently sleet/hail here. I feel the lack of sunlight available is really our friend today, as it means temperatures can just as easily drop during the day as they can at night, so the change to slightly colder uppers will affect temperatures pretty quickly compared to what it would if this was March.

LS