Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Hardly Any Females If Any On Netweather?

Cymro

43 members have voted

1. 1. Are males more likely to take an interest with the weather?

Posted

I have noticed in the passed few day's that there are hardly any females on here or most weather sites to say the least. Most forecasters are Male the ones on the Tv are more presenter material than actual weather enthusiasts(My personal opinion, open for debate naturally) Why's this do you reckon? I mean I've yet to see a female in the topic discussions here and i've been a member for 3 years.

Diolch/Thank you :wallbash:

Posted

I mean I've yet to see a female in the topic discussions here and i've been a member for 3 years.

Diolch/Thank you :)

I can't wait till Tamara, Snowmaiden and Jethro read this. They are just three of many Netweather members who are weather enthusiasts :)

Posted

Oh right, I don't mean to sound sexist or offend any women :) so keep the handbags out of the way when you come :) jokes :) nah it's just something that was playing on my mind in the past few days, Snowmaiden and i think Snowlover 2 were the only females i ever noticed :)

Oh right, I don't mean to sound sexist or offend any women :) so keep the handbags out of the way when you come :) jokes :) nah it's just something that was playing on my mind in the past few days, Snowmaiden and i think Snowlover 2 were the only females i ever noticed :)

I'm taking that spade away as we speak. :)

Posted

I think it's perhaps the user names that are deceiving

sometimes.

I don't think anyone one will be offended Adam :)

Posted

charming i must say ::Just have a look to the left to see how long i have been around, i came on here when there were only 50 or so members. The only reason i dont post in the model out put disc thread is becauseof all the moaning on there and yup being a female norm means you get ignored so i read it and look at all the charts then share it with people who do listen without throwing the rattles out of the pram... :)

so take heed behind every great man there is an even greater woman

kaz xxx

Edited by kaz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Ahem, I've checked and I've got bumps where they should be, no bits where there shouldn't be, definitely a girly here.

I accept the avatar could be a little misleading (it's my cats name, gave up trying to register in various other already taken names, in frustration settled upon his).

I think traditionally boys are more interested in science based subjects than girls (still) but it's not exclusive. It could go some way towards accounting for the discrepancy in representation in weather nerdism though.

Girly nerd and proud of it.

Posted

charming i must say ::Just have a look to the left to see how long i have been around, i came on here when there were only 50 or so members. The only reason i dont post in the model out put disc thread is becauseof all the moaning on there and yup being a female norm means you get ignored so i read it and look at all the charts then share it with people who do listen without throwing the rattles out of the pram... :air_kiss:

so take heed behind every great man there is an even greater woman

kaz xxx

kaz!!!

long time no see, how the devil are you? have missed some your really good posts lately.

Posted

Maybe the reference to TV maybe correct, when the BBC is so obsessed with having people like Carol Kirkwood & louise Lear presenting many of the major TV forecasts, when frankly, they know less about meteorology than most of us on here!

Posted

some of the best and friendlyest memebrs are female.

louby, jan, caspcular ray, cakie, flag pole and soaring hawk to name a few.

Again. Ahem....

Blimey what does it take to get noticed around these parts :air_kiss:

Posted

Good evening Dave :air_kiss:

Alright Valerie?

Posted

i have always till tonight thought u where male.

jcb-large.jpg

So you missed the streaking pictures in February's snow then...

Posted

kaz!!!

long time no see, how the devil are you? have missed some your really good posts lately.

im good thanks ... spending my days off looking at charts hahaha always a busy time (weather wise) .. Was hoping to see maybe a few flashes of lightning tonight make up for the shocking lack of snow.. Ive been posting on the SW thread.. dunno how we have managed to keep it going but we have lmao

Hows things with you?

lol kaz x

Posted

Incidentally, I'm not going to take on any of our ladies around here. Jethro more than holds her own against the evil AGW empire in climate change & Tamara is an absolute treasure in model threads. There are lots of female members around & good posters are good posteres whatever there sex.

Posted

Why thank you my sweet, I try to give as good as I get.

Posted

im good thanks ... spending my days off looking at charts hahaha always a busy time (weather wise) .. Was hoping to see maybe a few flashes of lightning tonight make up for the shocking lack of snow.. Ive been posting on the SW thread.. dunno how we have managed to keep it going but we have lmao

Hows things with you?

lol kaz x

good ta thanks, trying to not dig myself to much of a hole with jethro. :air_kiss:

you can take my snow im sick of it

Posted

Incidentally, I'm not going to take on any of our ladies around here. Jethro more than holds her own against the evil AGW empire in climate change & Tamara is an absolute treasure in model threads. There are lots of female members around & good posters are good posteres whatever there sex.

:whistling:your gunner have to mention all the woman ... else we might throw a real strop :air_kiss:...

KAZ xx

You in trouble cookie never... ok will send a lorry or 50 up to collect haha

Edited by kaz

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

charming i must say ::Just have a look to the left to see how long i have been around, i came on here when there were only 50 or so members. The only reason i dont post in the model out put disc thread is beacuse of all the caravaning on there and yup being a female norm means you get ignored so i read it and look at all the charts then share it with people who do listen without throwing the rattles out of the pram... air_kiss.gif

so take heed behined every great man there is an even greater woman

kaz xxx

You ought to give it a go Kaz! I've seen you post on the storms threads and you know your stuff well enough!

I didn't even know what GFS stood for 5 yrs ago, let alone anything else and still don't understand a lot of stuff now. It is only reading from people as well the excitement of types of weather - snow. storms (whatever is your preference) that gives the encouragement. Lots of it is technical, but it is surprising what you can get your head around. Jethro, for eg,on the climate threads has built up an amazing understanding of feedback stuff, and can provide technical links and understanding to most anything on there. Lots of things that I still don't understand now, beyond a little understanding of some basic things.

As another side aspect to this topic - look at how many female presenters there are on the telly. They are not all *airheads* by any means either. Kaddy, one of our SE local presenters is professionally trained - and she really knows her stuff. She even explains the synoptics sometimes in terms of the pressure maps.

Why thank you my sweet, I try to give as good as I get.

Me too!whistling.gif

(thanks davesmile.gif)

Edited by North Sea Snow Convection

Posted

Hello i am a friendly helpful female member too you know. Hi to all fellow weather fanatics out there. lol Don't forget to PM me if you want a SACRA number. I don't post a lot but enjoy the reading and i agree the model thread is hard work. Big up respect to Tamara who's post help me to know what is going on in my neck of the woods.

Guest North Sea Snow Convection

Hello i am a friendly helpful female member too you know. Hi to all fellow weather fanatics out there. lol Don't forget to PM me if you want a SACRA number. I don't post a lot but enjoy the reading and i agree the model thread is hard work. Big up respect to Tamara who's post help me to know what is going on in my neck of the woods.

Big up respect to the SACRA treasure holder and administrator!drinks.gif Btw Angela - I am still No 9?unsure.gif

Another name that should be added is Noggin btw - her additions to the climate threads and snippets from newspapers are always great to read (plus catching up on Agatha Raisin book gossip!)

In terms of answering the poll - I would answer 'increasingly less' if there was a tick box for it.

Edited by North Sea Snow Convection