Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

Spoke too soon, snow getting lighter now, I fear it may just slowly die out now without any really heavy stuff that will accumulate, hope I am wrong. This snow watching lark it a nightmare, so marginal and hit or miss depening where you are, fun all the same though!. Back to me pint of John Smiths!.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

YES!!! :yahoo:

I had a slight fear it may be rain....well done matey!! :D

Yes thats promising for us, just light wet snow recently and no accumulation. Temp 0.6c.

Posted

We have heavy snow now! Settling on the car and on the pavement...

awww u lucky bugger laugh.gif .

TBH i dont quite know exactly whats happening here! one minute its moderate snow, the next its sleet!

just looked and a few good snow flakes now! good luck gal! hope you get some settling snow biggrin.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers

Hi all been a lurker for a long time and decided to finally join in the fun and games and make myself a member todayclap.gif Unfortunately I cant really add much information as NICK2702 lives in the same village as medrinks.gif lol. Just a quick question for Radders if I may ?? You must be really unlucky not to have any snow as Cannock,Lichfield,Stafford and Uttoxeter are all reporting snow. The only thing I can think of is that if you live near the power station then maybe this is somehow causing it to fall as rain by warming the air ?????

I reckon you have a point there jukebox, i can see the power station from here, mind you it gets the blame for everything but hey ho

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Snow getting heavier here incredibly, getting deeper as well!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Hi all been a lurker for a long time and decided to finally join in the fun and games and make myself a member todayclap.gif Unfortunately I cant really add much information as NICK2702 lives in the same village as medrinks.gif lol. Just a quick question for Radders if I may ?? You must be really unlucky not to have any snow as Cannock,Lichfield,Stafford and Uttoxeter are all reporting snow. The only thing I can think of is that if you live near the power station then maybe this is somehow causing it to fall as rain by warming the air ?????

Are you also from Norton Canes? Welcome to Netweather! :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

latest radar is looking very exciting for birmingham and coventry with the front stalled over us and the band of heavy showers about to collide with the front right over the top of us....still moderate snow here.

http://www.metoffice...adar/index.html

The snow level seems to be about 300feet atm, which is why I think alot of places around us are reporting rain.

Hi CH,

Yes it`s amazing how places close by are not getting the lying snow.

It`s very marginal and as you say a little bit of height seems to make a difference.

It`s still snowing here and looks like more to come from the south west.

Posted

Can any of the Northants posters tell me the current temp and Dp.

Cheers.

Those showers over oxford way look intresting.whistling.gif

About 0.8°C but crucially the dewpoint is sub-zero at -0.3 °C. :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

I've refrained all evening, but can wait no more...This 'event' (well for me anyway) has been utterly crud, especially with all the weather warnings thrown around like candy for my neck of the woods...Nice to see people within a few miles of me getting coverings, but when the kids expect a good covering snow, based on what they see on TV and what I tell them (based on met office/NW weather warnings) then you cant blame me for loosing faith in forecast models...Apologies for blowing my stack, just had enough of mother nature's false promises for one night!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Ice

Can any of the Northants posters tell me the current temp and Dp.

Cheers.

Those showers over oxford way look intresting.whistling.gif

At Moulton it is Temp 0.6c and dewpoint -0.8c that ppn to our SW has our name written all over it !!

Posted

About 0.8°C but crucially the dewpoint is sub-zero at -0.3 °C. cold.gif

Cheers mate.

that ppn to our SW has our name written all over it !!

Thats what i thought shok.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Looks like its sleeting outside now. Yeah what an event...Fed up of all this hype now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

As soon as you come over the Hednesford road and chase towards Rugeley, you loe over 80M's altitude, I live about 600M from the power station entrance as well, which causes a problem snow wise - there has been some snow here tonight - BUT it was a sleety mix and the ground was always to wet for snow. As for the metoffice's forecast of 5-10Cm with more in places - thats an absolute utter disgrace and they should stop covering there backs at first attempt and just put a reasonable foreacst out. I give up on snow, i think i refuse to keep watching charts and build ups and just see what falls out of my window - its absolutely horrendous here for snow and the dissapointing feeling when nothing delivers is bloody horrendous!. Disgusted.

Posted

Snow a lot lighter here now, very cold, biting wing though.

"biting wing"? have you been out for a chinese? :yahoo:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

May I refer to you to the 'Whining Thread'...:yahoo::D

erm, whats the best way to respond to your post??...hmm...let me think...oh yeah..."Get Stuffed!" :D

(although it aint much fun with 3 upset kids here! :( )

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

Snow around in the region still at midday tomorrow according to the mets.close range output.

09123012_2912.gif

So maybe those still without snow will see some by then.