Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Don't think those heavy showers are going to make it up here. Looks like they will move east and never really get much further than Birmingham. Still, the front seems to have pretty much stalled now, under some fairly heavy stuff so that's fine by me!

Don't think those heavy showers are going to make it up here. Looks like they will move east and never really get much further than Birmingham. Still, the front seems to have pretty much stalled now, under some fairly heavy stuff so that's fine by me!

But brum is still in the firing line?

Posted

Heavy sleet now in Banbury.

This is the nearest it's been to turning to pure snow here, so am very hopeful this time.

Within an hour should be just snow I hope.

Posted

latest radar is looking very exciting for birmingham and coventry with the front stalled over us and the band of heavy showers about to collide with the front right over the top of us....still moderate snow here.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/index.html

The snow level seems to be about 300feet atm, which is why I think alot of places around us are reporting rain.

Posted

Finally nearly turning to snow here. The temps have dropped from 3C to 1C.

Not expecting any accumalations but better than a kick in the teeth!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Work... Cold but clear. Fun.. 12" of snow!

STILL raining here.

SLEET!wallbash.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

oh dear, what a difference a few miles makes...It snowed earlier on, just enough to start to stick, now its rain/sleet...I guess even at 100 metres, I dont quite have enough elevation, rather surprising

Posted

Latest lampost inspection revealed snow blowing about in the wind with gusto. But just look at the radar and all those heavy showers heading NE...

I don't want to jinx it, but perhaps the main event is yet to arrive? :whistling: Temp barely above freezing now by the way so much more conducive for the white stuff compared to earlier.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

oh dear, what a difference a few miles makes...It snowed earlier on, just enough to start to stick, now its rain/sleet...I guess even at 100 metres, I dont quite have enough elevation, rather surprising

still snowing here and sticking a bit, but temp on the rise, bbc seem to have 3C for tomorrow so rain all day :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Latest lampost inspection revealed snow blowing about in the wind with gusto. But just look at the radar and all those heavy showers heading NE...

I don't want to jinx it, but perhaps the main event is yet to arrive? whistling.gif Temp barely above freezing now by the way so much more conducive for the white stuff compared to earlier.

Heavy rain now down my way which I wasnt expecting

Some snow just to the North spots, we live in hope

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Band stalled and fragmented over my head - nothing left of it really - nothing here and puddles everywhere - still raining - biggest let down in recent years - oh since a couple of weeks ago. I HATE this town at times.

Posted

It has been snowing here for two hours but just a slushy mess outside. Still better than nothing

Similar here in Wolves; temp still 0.7'c and light snow but starting to get a little heavier. Also a bit of a white slushy mess outside!.

Posted

Been all rain here, all day!

John Holmes did say that this would be a non event for us lower level peeps. Wish I would have listened more to the net weather severe weather warning.

Met have had heavy snow over my location from 3 am this morning and as per usual not 1 flake here. They continue to show this for worcester, Malvern and Pershore (the 3 main weather reporting stations to my location) but I no longer have confidence in this for the remainder of the spell. Even the Beebs forecasts had snow over us. I am just wondering what the SW Midlands needs to do to see some of the white stuff. I thought that this would be the ideal setup for snow for here, or was it just not cold enough before the rain band got here?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers

I don't want to jinx it, but perhaps the main event is yet to arrive? whistling.gif Temp barely above freezing now by the way so much more conducive for the white stuff compared to earlier.

When it arrives send it Rugeley / lichfield way then please, the suspense is killing meunknw.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

We have heavy snow now! Settling on the car and on the pavement...

Posted

We have heavy snow now! Settling on the car and on the pavement...

YES!!! :whistling:

I had a slight fear it may be rain....well done matey!! ;)

Posted

Hi all been a lurker for a long time and decided to finally join in the fun and games and make myself a member todayclap.gif Unfortunately I cant really add much information as NICK2702 lives in the same village as medrinks.gif lol. Just a quick question for Radders if I may ?? You must be really unlucky not to have any snow as Cannock,Lichfield,Stafford and Uttoxeter are all reporting snow. The only thing I can think of is that if you live near the power station then maybe this is somehow causing it to fall as rain by warming the air ?????