Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Midlands Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

are you refering to your dew-point reading Mark ??(which is high in itself....my dew-point is 0.6C) or air temp?....An air temp of 2.2C is most definitely not 'way too high' for snow

my air temp, dont have dew point,

Posted

If it snows for the majority of this ppn, then I think the op run has done very well.

Will be interesting to see if the 06z verifies the 00z, or if it follows the other members.

And the 06z does verify the 00z. Very interesting, as this will only aid ppn to turn more wintry in the areas of Leics, Derbys, Notts and Warks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

What the hell?! Why is it so early?!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

okay thanks blizzards! and good luck mate!

Good luck, reports of some sleet and Snow seem to be coming in now from Wales and Gloucestershire. :drunk:

Posted

This is going to be an absolute disaster. Temp 1.3c which isn't too bad, but a rounded dew point of 1c (can't get exact value as PC is off which has all the weather station software on).

The precipitation isn't exactly intense either!

Ian - BBC said it wouldn't even reach here until 6pm!

Edited by nick2702

Posted

This is going to be an absolute disaster. Temp 1.3c which isn't too bad, but a rounded dew point of 1c (can't get exact value as PC is off which has all the weather station software on).

The precipitation isn't exactly intense either!

Ian - BBC said it wouldn't even reach here until 6pm!

I thought it was always supposed to rain moderately from 9am ish, then the 2nd band around evening would turn to snow, bbc still says this, but I cant see any snow sticking as easily as last wednesday with the ground this wet

Posted

I thought it was always supposed to rain moderately from 9am ish, then the 2nd band around evening would turn to snow, bbc still says this, but I cant see any snow sticking as easily as last wednesday with the ground this wet

I still have a very damaged patch of slush from the 23rd Dec event! So the ground must be pretty cold.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

The ground is still very cold here. Also we have missed the rain to our North so we have a damp ground at best-not wet. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

It's dry here - no rain or anything at all. It was frosty when I went to bed but that cleared with the increase in temperature. I'm surprised at how little snow there is in Wales? Some pretty high altitudes reporting rain.

Posted

I still have a very damaged patch of slush from the 23rd Dec event! So the ground must be pretty cold.

yeah ive got the odd bit around here, still bits of snow from snowmen around the area,

I just hope this isnt like 9th feb this year, was supposed to turn to snow and never did

Posted

yeah ive got the odd bit around here, still bits of snow from snowmen around the area,

I just hope this isnt like 9th feb this year, was supposed to turn to snow and never did

That fell as Snow In Leicester , I remember it as it is my birthday on th 9th Feb

Posted

Watching the BBC forecast gives me a bit more help. The proper stuff doesn't really arrive until the evening and then doesn't leave until dawn tomorrow! I just hope it doesn't rain today.

Posted

well all the forecasts ive seen from the bbc this morning are saying most of the midands are only likely to get maybe a slight covering, not really the snow event i was hoping for. the far west of the region look like they will do very well but even then they say over higher ground.

Edited by SnowTornado

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

So much for your promises mate - the rain that i have expected has now been falling for over 40 minutes. 2.9oc.. I did warn you off the Rugeley affect. Lets hope it doesn't rain to much through the day because that really would wreck any accumulation prospects tonight.

Posted

Met Office Forecast upgraded at 10am for my region...Heavy snow all day from 12pm to 9pm, then light snow afterwards from 9pm.

Edited by xanadu

Posted

suprised about that forecast for oxford when if you read the comments from wales all of them have rain. even people with some altitude in there favour.

Posted

suprised about that forecast for oxford when if you read the comments from wales all of them have rain. even people with some altitude in there favour.

Oxford is only forecast rain and sleet, but 28 miles north it's forecast for snow.

Posted

Light rain here.

Posted

28miles north dead on should be alright for me then lol, first reports of snow in wales now, maybe things will cool down as the day goes on, if we do get snow here id expect it be just as hevy as wales based on the precip charts from the various models. Im guessing there not saying we wil get anything much because it wont settle as opposed to in the west.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Still light drizzle in Gloucester - cant see where the 10 - 15cm Shafali (sp?) was on about last night is going to come from??

Still I expected nothing and thats exactly what we are getting :(