Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion.

Methuselah

Posted

Well temp now seems steady at 3.2c and dewpoint at 2.3C and its cloudy, hope the temps drop enough as the night goes on before the front gets here, but im not sure it will :( I think if anything it will atleast start of as rain here which might ruin any chance we had of any snow sticking, as any snow here will most likely be wet snow anyway.

keep the faith DS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

+3C here, thats cold enough for snow, but we need this temperature to keep dropping now.

Same, but it doesn't seem to want to drop for now, still, its not ment to get here till around midnight? so still plenty of time i guess! hope atleast one of us gets the snow.

keep the faith DS

I'll try :(

Posted

well i hope you guys like will be eagerly lamp watching again in the early hours!

wales from rct - keep forum posted about snowfall as it will hit you before me if anything!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

All we need is a slightly increased easterly wind to stall the low further

Posted

Well its -0.2 and there is a biting east wind here :lol: i like it.

Posted

Hello all,

good luck to all in Wales for the upcoming event. Hope we all get to see some great snowfall. Conflicting forecast for here in Bridgend, some sites showing rain, others sleet, others snow.

Will be lampost watching as usual just hope its worth it. Many times have done this to be disappointed.

Fingers crossed.

Posted

Temp here now at 2.6 DgC with the wind ENE@9mph.

Like, Im sure many have said, I think the heaviest snow will be perhaps Brecon Northwards. Im certainly not getting my hopes up here in Cardiff.

Edit: Thursday/Friday is looking a lot more promising.

Edited by jamo_s

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Hello all,

good luck to all in Wales for the upcoming event. Hope we all get to see some great snowfall. Conflicting forecast for here in Bridgend, some sites showing rain, others sleet, others snow.

Will be lampost watching as usual just hope its worth it. Many times have done this to be disappointed.

Fingers crossed.

Yep i've seen the forecasts from different sites and not quite sure what to expect, temp is taking forever to drop i must say, i shall be lampost watching aswell later tonight! do you think we will get anything?

Posted

here in maesteg now, it's well cloudy, and looking at the disappearing moon, I notice the low clouds are moving from South East to North West, and the high clouds are moving from South West to North East. i'm sure I also saw another layer of cloud going in another direction too. It's almost as if it's all swirling above my head. very strange.

Posted

Yep i've seen the forecasts from different sites and not quite sure what to expect, temp is taking forever to drop i must say, i shall be lampost watching aswell later tonight! do you think we will get anything?

I am hoping so, it would be great to have some heavy snow. Will we get any, no idea to be honest, I have no clue when it comes to forecasting and understanding the charts. Just love the snow and cold :drinks:

Whereabouts are you in Bridgend, I am in Litchard.

Posted

I am hoping so, it would be great to have some heavy snow. Will we get any, no idea to be honest, I have no clue when it comes to forecasting and understanding the charts. Just love the snow and cold rolleyes.gif

Whereabouts are you in Bridgend, I am in Litchard.

Im in Brackla, sometimes we can do fairly well for snow, but im not sure this time its hard to say.

Posted

Im in Brackla, sometimes we can do fairly well for snow, but im not sure this time its hard to say.

Yep agree I don't think its set in stone for us, only if we were a little further north. But hey you never know, lets be positive and lets get some great snow.

What time is it due, do you know?

I'm smack bang at the bottom of Pencoed. SOUTH of the infamous M4 corridoor by 50 metres. It's gone cold but not quite cold enough. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,

Well hopefully we all around this area will have a nice heavy fall....

Be good.

Posted

Hello all,

Fingers crossed.We got to get temps down to 1c to stand a chance with that wind picking up we got a good shout.

Edited by keithlucky

Posted

i don,t think we will get anything in cardiff as we are close to the sea ,i would love to see the snow i had when i was 13 in 1963 that was snow

I agree. ATM we're just too far South. Looking at the charts though and Thursday/Friday will be good for us in Cardiff.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

i don,t think we will get anything in cardiff as we are close to the sea ,i would love to see the snow i had when i was 13 in 1963 that was snow

If you want my opinion... Which most of you don't :lol:

I don't think Cardiff will get much snow. It's too close to the milder air for my liking. Temps may rise to 4-5c in Cardiff tomorrow, parts of Cornwall are going to be 11c tomorrow afternoon! Areas favourable for snow in Wales are areas above 300m and at least 10 miles away from the coasts. I expect higher parts of the valleys areas will do well and I think the top of Brecon will get absolutely buried. I would love to be up there tomorrow, I went up there in August when it was snowless.

Posted

I don't think Cardiff will get much snow. It's too close to the milder air for my liking. Temps may rise to 4-5c in Cardiff tomorrow, parts of Cornwall are going to be 11c tomorrow afternoon! Areas favourable for snow in Wales are areas above 300m and at least 10 miles away from the coasts. I expect higher parts of the valleys areas will do well and I think the top of Brecon will get absolutely buried. I would love to be up there tomorrow, I went up there in August when it was snowless.

You make fair points andy but I rember when you were over here last year and snow was forecast and we were let down i reckon that has let a bad feeling automatically in your conciounce or however u spell it :lol: Cydwybod :p. anyway i personally think things have upgraded a little it may alternate between snow and rain at times but with cold temps and a good snow cover hopefully the rain will jst form ice.

Posted

Hi mate, why don't you think so... bbc and meto seem to think so.

Posted

Just depends if the wind pushes the front a bit further South i guess. I dont know if that would ever happen in this time frame.

Hi mate, why don't you think so... bbc and meto seem to think so.

I know this wasnt for me but MetO dont have Cardiff forecast for snow. I think they're saying rain/sleet until you get a bit further North.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms

Haha Adam I actually forgot about that :lol:

I really would love you guys to get a dumping, I just think it's so up in the air at the moment that it's very difficult to say.

Jay... The reason I think Cardiff may be a rain/sleet mix is because the milder air is very very close. Devon and Cornwall tomorrow will see max temps of between 6-11c according to the BBC forecast and also the UKMO model indicates that too..

U30-580.GIF?28-18

temps of 3-5c looks very close to the Cardiff area while 10 miles or so further North and you are heading into colder air and hopefully deep snow :lol: That isn't to say Cardiff won't see deep snow, I don't actually really know myself lol. It is just what I am predicting from what I have seen.