Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scottish Cold Spell Discussion 8

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: mediterranean summer

was rain and sleet down here slight thaw was on the temps are starting to drop but the problem is with 10 inches of snow compacted on to the pavements and roads its solid ice and once it freezes tonight i can see casualty being bizzy tomorrow with broken limbsmellow.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: A foggy and frosty morning with newly fallen pristine snow - Paradise!

Perth Temp. now -3.4C Dew Point -4.1 this has to fall as snow uppers or no uppers.:mellow:

Posted

Totally dry with us up here today. Although the cold is more the problem.

The current temperature I'm recording is -7.6'C, and as I said earlier top temperature today was -3.6'C.

Getting quite bored of it all now, especially since we only have the cold and not much in the way of further snow activity - plenty of settled snow (frozen solid now).

I'd be quite happy if the temperatures were rise a bit as long as we got snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

What a pity! that could've been quite a dumping.

Posted

It's perishin' here tonight... Plus it didn't get above -2 all day. Our 'milder spell' (+3 or thereabouts) seems to have come and gone.

I see we have some warnings out now that weren't there earlier, for widesread icy roads - considering it has been below freezing from yesterday (maybe even the day before, can't remember now - too much vodka yesterday) to now I'd say that was a bit 'stable doors, horses gone'ish

Edited by LadyPakal

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: A foggy and frosty morning with newly fallen pristine snow - Paradise!

Dunblane still getting a dumping.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

1.2C, light rain.

Leuchars, not that far North from you was still showing -4.1C at 2200. Quite a difference. We are up a fraction at -3.1Cnow with cloud thickening.

Posted

Leuchars, not that far North from you was still showing -4.1C at 2200. Quite a difference. We are up a fraction at -3.1Cnow with cloud thickening.

Its not far away now

;) ;) :) :) :);) ;)

For some unknown reason it is now snowing here again. How has that happened??

Edit: And for anyone waiting for this snow, wait until you see the size of the flakes. If they are half the size they were here earlier you are in for a treat. It turned into prawn cracker snow for a while here :lol:

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Posted

That's me back from deepest darkest Stirlingshire. That band of snow this afternoon covered all the brown horrible stuff just nicely and didn't cause too many problems on my drive across.

When I left about 2 hours ago it was raining but this band coming in is knife-edge maginal. It is nearly here but I'm expecting rain. Shame, if the T850's were 1C lower I think we'd be seeing something much fluffier.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Yeuch raining... no sleetingggg here.

Very unfortunate just on the wrong side of temps here i think!

Posted

Started snowing in Perth. Temp. -3.3C, DP -3.9C.

When I left about 2 hours ago it was raining but this band coming in is knife-edge maginal. It is nearly here but I'm expecting rain. Shame, if the T850's were 1C lower I think we'd be seeing something much fluffier.

I have snow now with 850s of between -3C and -3.3C (according to the overlay on NW Radar). So do not be disheartened by what the 850s are doing. You may have enough surface cold to allow snow to fall.

Edit: For anyone with horrible sleet just now, my snow started off as rain earlier....

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Posted

Powdery big flakes of snow, the best kind.:lol: