Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scottish Cold Spell Discussion 8

Methuselah

Posted

It's looking good so far. My temperature is currently -3.1C so it would take a good bit of warming for us to miss out. whistling.gif Hope that's not put a damper on it.

The band is intensifying. Please keep me posted on temps.

Thanksdrinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Think Fife will get any snow tonight? Meto says no but that means nothing right? whistling.gif

Well on one hand they say no snow but on the other they've issued a warning here for 5-10cm!!! It looks very good on the radar - look outside, it looks like it may be snowing in Cowdenbeath any minute now. Currently thick freezing fog with temperatures a steady -1.6C so hopefully any precipitation will be snow, or at the very worst freezing rain.

LS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, thunderstorms and extremes

Well on one hand they say no snow but on the other they've issued a warning here for 5-10cm!!! It looks very good on the radar - look outside, it looks like it may be snowing in Cowdenbeath any minute now. Currently thick freezing fog with temperatures a steady -1.6C so hopefully any precipitation will be snow, or at the very worst freezing rain.

LS

I saw the lunchtime BBC forecast. Fife and the central belt turned white with snow. Then, I saw this evening's forecast. They have a weather warning out for snow and ice across the 'southern Scottish Highlands'. Where are they about? Is the central belt been renamed the southern Highlands? (going by there graphics, it must be)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: A foggy and frosty morning with newly fallen pristine snow - Paradise!

Perth at Temp -3.2C DP -3.9 band at Killin to Dunblane to Cowdenbeath - here's hoping.:p

Posted

LS

I looked outside and its raining unsure.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Thanksdrinks.gif

I'm down to -3.3C now. I see that the flash weather warning has Dundee, Angus and coastal areas with wintry showers and ice but inland and Perth & Kinross 5-10cms. Will have to wait and see. :drinks:

Thanksdrinks.gif

Snow has come back on heavy here :drinks: I can't quite believe this. It is so marginal, but up until now I am on the right side of the margin.

Edit: I am reliably informed that it has stopped raining/snowing 3 miles south of here....

Edited by CatchMyDrift

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: A foggy and frosty morning with newly fallen pristine snow - Paradise!

Temp. in Perth still dropping with that band 20 miles away.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Just had a peep outside and its dry here, hoping we miss any precipitation to conserve our existing snow cover.

I believe that more snow was forecast but for higher ground only overnight? What do you guys thinks in store from Monday onwards?

Posted

I'm down to -3.3C now. I see that the flash weather warning has Dundee, Angus and coastal areas with wintry showers and ice but inland and Perth & Kinross 5-10cms. Will have to wait and see. rolleyes.gif

Its moving really quick to the NE and much bigger and more intense than the one this afternoon. Appears to be growing

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: bright & frosty/snowy; summer: hot and sunny.

Raining on the south side of Glasgow and wrecking our festive snowcover...

And with an air temp of 0.7C - we are the wrong side of marginal this time!! :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

I think we're on the right side of marginal, with temps still -1.6C. Still foggy though.

Snow has cleared here, some very light rain and a slight thaw on but I doubt it will make much of an inroad. Let's not forget that today and the next day or two are the "mild" days before the possible return of a colder spell.

I braved the model thread earlier......TWS was mild in describing it as toys out the pram. They toys are so far away from the pram that they are in a different timezone. Paul has quite rightly blown a gasket....busy night for the mods :drinks:

Anyway, back in the frigid north, there is a thaw on from the south which will make some of us southerners unhappy, but there is more to come soon :lol: 8):)

Posted

Snow has cleared here, some very light rain and a slight thaw on but I doubt it will make much of an inroad. Let's not forget that today and the next day or two are the "mild" days before the possible return of a colder spell.

I braved the model thread earlier......TWS was mild in describing it as toys out the pram. They toys are so far away from the pram that they are in a different timezone. Paul has quite rightly blown a gasket....busy night for the mods tease.gif

Anyway, back in the frigid north, there is a thaw on from the south which will make some of us southerners unhappy, but there is more to come soon smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Noticed that too, and their warning about their behaviour.