Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Cold Spell 9

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Its 3.4C here today, positively balmy in comparison to many areas 'int' north' today that are still around 0C

Posted
  • Location: coppull near chorley lancashire. and the pier head liverpool
  • Location: coppull near chorley lancashire. and the pier head liverpool

Nice and sunny here now temp is still 0 c just waiting for the pub to open.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.

Looks like its never going to get milder in the Northwest. Maybe a max of 5/6 C tomorrow generally, probably lower over the snowfields.Sunday afternoon sees the return of the polar airmass. Chance of sleet of snow showers before ( col) conditions lead to a frosty start to the new week.

C

Posted

Looks like its never going to get milder in the Northwest. Maybe a max of 5/6 C tomorrow generally, probably lower over the snowfields.Sunday afternoon sees the return of the polar airmass. Chance of sleet of snow showers before ( col) conditions lead to a frosty start to the new week.

C

Good to hear the colder air returning Sunday afternoon - expected it perhaps a day or so later but will take that C.biggrin.gif

Current conditions here (with extensive snowcover) temp. 0.4c, dewpoint 0.0c and foggy - again!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

I just nearly choked when i saw the meti update for next week,posible SIGNFICANT snow for Northern England on wed followed by a bitter Northerly.

Unless we get intense heavy and prolonged rain between now and monday i will probably have bits of snowcover left from the current cold spell.

amazing stuff. :)

Lovely sunny day here with great snow depth of 1-2" temps reached a max of 3c earlier ,but now it's back down to 1.1c and starting to go misty..we are not forecast any snow here only a few rain showers, but i reckon we may yet see some lt snow here tonight especially if temps continue to fall :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

Lovely sunny day here with great snow depth of 1-2" temps reached a max of 3c earlier ,but now it's back down to 1.1c and starting to go misty..we are not forecast any snow here only a few rain showers, but i reckon we may yet see some lt snow here tonight especially if temps continue to fall :)

whats going on here , it's already down to -0.4c yet BBC forecasts a minimum of +1c for today :)

merry xmas to everyone

lovley day here temp 0.4c still got a good covering of the white stuff

http://www.abramweather.co.uk/

Great site by the way , i've bookmarked it..(you're only about 4-5 miles up the road from me , so it should be good for some local data :(

Posted

What a picture-book Christmas Day. Thick fog this morning lifted to give watery sunshine, and it stayed bitterly cold with the maximum reaching just -1.6C. Already down to -5.3C.

Posted

The most beautiful white christmas here in Kirkland. Unbroken sunshine all day shining on unbroken snowcover. Very cold and very alpine. Hope the snow has lasted down in Lancashire.

Edited by trickydicky

Posted

whats going on here , it's already down to -0.4c yet BBC forecasts a minimum of +1c for today :)

Great site by the way , i've bookmarked it..(you're only about 4-5 miles up the road from me , so it should be good for some local data :)

hi spurry thanks very much for the feedback

iam always looking to add / change content ..............if you have any suggestions let me know

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

2.5C here, phew *wipes the sweat away*

reached a high of 5.2C today.. phew.

Posted

An icy, icy Christmas Day. Had a right old 'mare trying to get to the pub this afternoon.

I'm visiting family in West Derby at the minute - all the actual snow on the pavements has gone, but it's still surviving on the grass and some rooftops. Croxteth Park still looks extremely festive. On the way up here yesterday, Wavertree looked very white. I wonder if it kept most of its snow cover today?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

some very low temps in northern englad with the appropaching band, its -0.5c here with a maximum of -0.1c to day frost still in the shade and on car, our first ice day of this cold spel!!!

thick cloud now ppn not far away at all, frost still remaining now with little or no wind

Edited by james12

Posted
  • Location: Appley Bridge, Nr. Wigan, Lancashire, approx 50m ASL
  • Location: Appley Bridge, Nr. Wigan, Lancashire, approx 50m ASL

2c here and had heavy rain about 30 mins ago - not sure if it's still raining though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

Weve recently had a fresh 1cm layer of wet snow here !! but it had recently turned to moderate rain, still virtually no thaw and roads are covered :p ! I reakon the magoirty of our snow cover will remaing until the cold bites in again on sunday.

Posted

Had to cut my Christmas family visit short today when another inch (give or take) of snow fell while Dr Who was on given that it was at the top of a very steep, very long private road.

Demonstrated to me quite nicely that even in a big 4x4, on a steep, frozen road covered in only an inch of snow that once gravity takes hold, you've had it!

That worlds slowest 300m downward trip with a sudden drop in to woodland at one side should a slide gain momentum was really terrifying.

Posted

Rapid temperature rise here, from -6.3 at 5.30pm to 0.6C at 9.30pm.

3.8C after a recent rise in temp with moderate rain for the last hour or two (continuous rain). Temps are starting to drop off again down to 3.2C

Edited by HotCuppa

Posted

1.0c here now, had some more sleet and very fine rain falling.

Am hoping that this new system can melt my current snow away before the next cold snap bites as the stuff on the ground now is mostly compacted ice, a death trap if it gets preserved by another cold spell like this one.