Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CatchMyDrift

Today's Weather And General Chat

Clear and frosty, -2C.

Merry Xmas everyone.....now, where's Santa??! :lol: :lol: :) :)

Clear and frosty, -2C.

Merry Xmas everyone.....now, where's Santa??! :lol: :lol: :) :)

Oh he is around, just seen him, he said its going to be a very busy night. Weather conditions are not too great over some parts of the world.

Drizzle, Icy

1ºC

Bit misty, +2C and raining a little - not nice -

In fact I went outside and met this man who had a white beard and some sort of red track suit - he was complaining bitterly - he said that for the a good portion of the autumn he had been negotiating with the powers that be for a proper White Christmas in the whole of the UK - he felt it was about time we were due one so that that the kids could go out and have a proper play in the snow.

Anyway as time went by, in fact not too long ago he thought that he had better check up on his order - would you believe it, the damned clerk wrote down the wrong date and put it down as 20.12.2009. He tried to get the situation rectified but unfortunately it was too late for that, however he did manage to slow down the procedure so that at least the kids in Scotland and parts of the north of England could still have a chance.

I told him that I belonged to the Net Weather Forum - he was well impressed and asked me to pass on his sincere apologies to all those who were looking forward to a nice white snowy Christmas but unfortunately did not get one.

Despite this I understand that the clerk concerned is still getting his Christmas bonus. He claimed he had written down the date Santa had told him and it was not his place to query that Christmas day is normally 25.12.

In any case Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to one and all. :D:clap::clap: :w00t: :smiliz58: :D

Still -2C, although we have cloud, have had freezing rain and freezing sleet so far. Nothing that could be claimed as snow....yet!!

Edit at 8.40am: It is snowing :) :) That's as near as damn it to a perfect white Xmas then. Snow on the ground, snow falling from the sky, and we can stretch it 20 mins to 9am surely?? :)

A damp, overcast, misty and icy start, though with only a ground frost. Low overnight, 0.5c, grass minimum –1.2c.

:clap:

Sky:8 Oktas, Stratus..

Temperature: 0.7°C

Wind Direction: Force 1 W.

Humidity: 96%

Barometer: 997mb steady.

Today's readings for the 24 hrs up to 0900 GMT:

Maximum temperature: 1.2°C

Minimum temperature: -1.3°C

Minimum temperature on grass: -1.2°C

Rainfall total: 0.6mm

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday:

Not as cold as recent nights but a few hours of light wet snow, sleet and freezing rain has coated everything in ice. Ground conditions are treacherous this morning with widespread sheet ice. Night low –1.3c and –5.0c on the grass. Thick fog descended on the area shortly after the observation, then persisted all day, so a colder than I expected., maximum temperature 1.2c. The fog cleared soon after dark and a spell of freezing rain followed, creating very icy condition again.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 2009 so far:

Mean temperature: 2.6c (-1.7 of the local average)

Maximum temperature: 11.9c on the 5th

Minimum temperature: -8.3c on the 19th

Grass Minimum: -10.0c on the 19th

Rainfall = 53.7mm

Wettest 24 hours: on the 5th, 19.3mm

Maximum wind gust: 40mph ESE on the 7th.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2009 so far:

Maximum temperature: 30.4c on the 1st July.

Minimum temperature: –8.3 on the 10th December

Grass Minimum: –10.0c on the 19th December

Rainfall: = 729.6mm

Wettest 24 hours: 23.3mm on the 7th June.

Maximum wind gust: 46mph 23rd March.

Happy Christmas to all on here.

Thick freezing fog overnight which cleared sometime during the early hours of the morning leaving everything coated in 10mm of clear ice which made the trees etc look like crystal in the sunny intervals earlier this morning; I really must get a digi camera!

It's turned misty in the last hour with the temp' currently at -0.4c after a min' of -1.3c.

9cm of lying snow, 100% cover, which has frozen crisp.

Mean wind speed is 18 mph W.

Merry Christmas all drinks.gif

Overnight min. -1.3c, dewpoint -2.0c. Foggy start, lifting slowly. Current temp. 0.1c.

Dry and 'sunny' but rapidly getting foggy, -2C...

Did Benbecula in the outer Hebrides really fall to -17C?? If so theyve smashed their temperature record minimum by about 10C I would suggest which is phenomenal!

Currently 2.4C here and sunny.

Happy Christmas, Ste...Looks like a bit of a blip to me...Unless Weathermaster took some liquid nitrogen up there, last night... :shok:

Merry Christmas everyone!

Hit -7.6C last night, a new record for here. Now have freezing rain at -2.1C, which I've never experienced before. Was raining earlier at -6.9C which seemed kinda bizarre!

After the murk of yesterday it's back to clear blue skies and sunshine today, overnight low of -1.0c, currently 1.4c yet feels much milder already somehow.

A beautiful sunny day here - the temperature has been rising quite quickly and may even hit the dizzy heights of 5 deg C after an overnight low of 1.4. Just about 50% snow coverage in the garden still, so I can count it as another day of lying snow, but it's thawing fast now.

Season's greetings to all! We're off to the pub in a few minutes... :)

Stargazer.

Current data for Stockholm/Järfälla-Sweden

25 december 2009 15:03:56

Temperature (°C):

Current 0,5

Trend (per hour) -0,2

Average today 0,9

Wind chill 0,5

Heat index 0,5

Dew Point -1,2

Rel Humidity 88%

Wind (kts):

Current Gust 0,0 ---

Average Speed 20,0 ---

Pressure (hPa):

Current 996,4

Trend (per hour) -0,6

Mildest day for some long time now. It managed to reach 1,3°c today with cloudy skies and some rough winds.

Didn't feel mild at all, just quite cool because of the wind. Now there is some light- to moderate snowfall and just

above zero. A class 1 warning has been stated now for the whole Stockholm County with accumulations up to 5 cm

tonight and 10 cm tomorrow with brisk winds and slippery roads. Merry Christmas everyone!!!!! :)

Merry Christmas everyone!

Its a beautiful clear and sunny day with snow still on the ground (7th day now), very festive. We also managed a very late airfrost as the sky cleared just after 7.30am. Minimum temperature: -0.9C.

Currently 1.0C after another very low max of 1.5C. The mean for the month here is now just 2.9C, bringing it to within 0.3C of December 1995 with 6 days still to go.

Currently 4.3c after a maximum of 4.7c, so still a couple of degrees below normal. Last nigths minimum was 1.1c so again a couple of degrees below normal.

I don't think temperatures will drop much tonight. The mean here is 3.5c currently. December 2008 came in at 3.7c here so I think that's probably beaten.

Happy Christmas, Ste...Looks like a bit of a blip to me...Unless Weathermaster took some liquid nitrogen up there, last night... :(

:) Nope its a error.

Merry Xmas WM... :)

Thanks Pete same to you :)

A dry and mainly sunny day although it's clouded over from the south in the last couple of hours.

A few flakes of snow around 1900 followed by a little light rain for a few minutes.

At 1800;

Temp', -0.4c

Max' today, 0.8c

Min' last night, -1.3c

Grass min', -4.1c

Rainfall from 0900-1800, nil

Sunshine today, 3.98 hrs

Mean wind speed, 15 mph S

7 Oktas alst and cist

Vis', 10 km

100% cover of 9.0cm of frozen snow.

Marry Christmas