Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scottish Cold Spell Discussion 7

Methuselah

Posted

Currently -7c clear and calm. Terrible ice everywhere after the slight thaw yesterday morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Temps are still falling quickly up here -7C at Dalcross! :cold:

Keep warm, Monders!!! :cold:

Been watching it too. If it mixes with these temps, well .... :-)

BBC forecast just had it is a couple of showery blobs moving in by this afternoon. Looks a bit more vigorous than that to me.

Posted
  • Location: Coleraine,Macosquin,County Londonderry, Northern Ireland
  • Location: Coleraine,Macosquin,County Londonderry, Northern Ireland

It's -12c here :cold:

-11.4c and we are only 10 miles from the coast everything is covered in hoar frost! and its foggy too how high should we expect -5c!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: Warm/Dry enough for a t-shirt. Winter: Cold enough for a scarf.

So is it going to snow again today?

Radio Scotland reported rain for tomorrow. Surely not?

Posted

Dense patches of freezing fog around Glasgow this morning. Temperature around -8c and the predicted maximum of -3c for today looks optimistic to me. I noticed the ice crystals falling like fine snow in places giving another small covering even on the main roads.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: bright & frosty/snowy; summer: hot and sunny.

A cold, foggy and snowy :) Christmas Eve morning here. Currently -7.4C and falling. :)

It's all very festive.

Merry Christmas to all on Nw Scotland! :)

Edited by Polar Gael

Dense patches of freezing fog around Glasgow this morning. Temperature around -8c and the predicted maximum of -3c for today looks optimistic to me. I noticed the ice crystals falling like fine snow in places giving another small covering even on the main roads.

I can see from the traffic cams it is foggy across Glasgow. There must be fog just over the braes from here, but it is a clear, cold morning here. Some cloud is moving in above that fog in Glasgow, just that you can't see it!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

MetO warning for heavy snow in Borders and Lothian...(BBC Five Live) :)

Posted

Merry Christmas All!

Those showers coming in from the East (where'd they come from?) are showing as Freezing Rain on raintoday, Only -2.1C here and has been most of the night. One of the showers is just clipping us just now, and not that I've seen freezing rain but they look a bit more like like snizzle/sleet to me

WOW! finally Grampian has a warning for ICY Roads, 8.35am!

The roads were already already treacherous with ice at 7pm last night. Due to the slight thaw and rain/sleet we got yesterday. We were supposed to have friends around but they never came, at least they were out and about delivering Christmas presents, but cut their evening short.

I've got to go out now & not looking forward to that at all, should soon see though will report back!

Posted

Merry Christmas All!

Those showers coming in from the East (where'd they come from?) are showing as Freezing Rain on raintoday, Only -2.1C here and has been most of the night. One of the showers is just clipping us just now, and not that I've seen freezing rain but they look a bit more like like snizzle/sleet to me

WOW! finally Grampian has a warning for ICY Roads, 8.35am!

The roads were already already treacherous with ice at 7pm last night. Due to the slight thaw and rain/sleet we got yesterday. We were supposed to have friends around but they never came, at least they were out and about delivering Christmas presents, but cut their evening short.

I've got to go out now & not looking forward to that at all, should soon see though will report back!

Blizzard conditions here in banchory...where are these showers coming from? whats the potential for the rest of today and tomorrow?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything outwith the mean.

Same here in Leith (well its East Embra isn't it). Light powdery stuff falling into minus quite-a-lot degrees centigrade. Positively continental ! Winds are very light so doesn't look like we'll get any unwanted local warming from the estuary

That ticks another 2 boxes here to add to the catalogue of this brilliant cold spell.

• Day 8 of snow falling (consecutive days)
  • Snow has attacked us from the East, the North, the West, the South-West. the North (again) and now the South-East.

Don't know how much we'll get from all of this but its just another Xmas-Eve bonus.

Edit: getting heavier...

Blizzards now in East Edinburgh - absoutley belting it down :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Morning all. Now -7.1C here with cloud building from the east bringing what must surely be snow, given the temperature is way below freezing. Did anyone see Aviemore recording rain and -14C?!