Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Cold Spell 8

M'Lady

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Estuary is really helping to furness this heavy snow. raintoday radar is showing there could be quite a bit coming our way later too.

I dont see where the other band of snow will be coming from - What time will it hit?

Posted

HUGE flakes coming down now. Absolutely huge. Don't remember seeing any like them before.

Almost stopped here now. :)

Posted

yeah, sure is. Quite large flakes as well.

That's great! I must have at least half an hour of heavy snowfall to look forward to.

Edit: huge flakes now!

Karyo

Edited by karyo

Posted

I dont see where the other band of snow will be coming from - What time will it hit?

It seems to be moving quite fast actually. More towards mid wales, everything here as come from there and there is more building up, you can actually see it as rain turning to snow as moves further north. As to when it will hit..looks like they are moving relatively fast over the mountains, also notice the rain in southern wales making a track towards us.

Posted

It seems to be moving quite fast actually. More towards mid wales, everything here as come from there and there is more building up, you can actually see it as rain turning to snow as moves further north. As to when it will hit..looks like they are moving relatively fast over the mountains, also notice the rain in southern wales making a track towards us.

I don't think they are strong enough to make it over the mountains.... As long as they hit before dawn (When temps will probably be up to 3c).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow!!!

Aawww! :good: this weather is just lovely!!! My delightful son has his birthday tomorrow, and is over the moon that he's got snow for it. Hopefully the scallies robbing everyone will go indoors now? (12 burglaries this week). Another reason to love the snow - it's safer stuff than you realise!!

It started as sleety rain earlier - we were aghast at the thought of losing our lovely white blanket. However it picked up into snow fairly quickly - 20 minutes or so - so my son's chuffed to bits.

There are proper big fat flakes falling at a decent rate - cars covered again, all the frozen surfaces now have a degree of traction again (thank heavens) and it's a beautiful sight. Unless you're my cat.

Dustbin day tomorrow - any excuse to get out there... :whistling:

Posted

I don't think they are strong enough to make it over the mountains.... As long as they hit before dawn (When temps will probably be up to 3c).

Not sure about your location, but mine has seen 3 days below zero. Everything this evening has made it over the mountains with no problems. Cant see it getting much above 1C here tbh..there will be a clear spot and because of the snow field effect expect temps to go back down quite quick too. :whistling:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Got about 1cm of snow on the ground, its gone very light though and sleety.

Posted

Just had about 10 minutes of heavier snowfall, and it's left a nice covering over the cars, and topped up all the snow still on the ground from the past 4 days. Getting lighter now though,and it's a little shame that the band has narrowed alot since it left the midlands early on.

Good to know places on the coast have had a spell of snow too :whistling:

Edited by dodgeredee

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Theres rain in this snow now so enjoy while you can, its also smelting slightly, despite temperature of 0.1C

Posted

Still heavy snow here and an extra 1cm added on the existing snow.

Much better than I expected!

Karyo

Still snowing quite hard here, smaller flakes now..should be stopping in another 15 mins for a nice clear spell cool the temps off a bit more :whistling: ready for more moving up

Posted

hi all

the snow ruined my works xmas do, hammering it down and still is

if this keeps up, wythenshawe is getting well over 10cm's in the morning, must be at least 4cm there already

Posted

Not sure about your location, but mine has seen 3 days below zero. Everything this evening has made it over the mountains with no problems. Cant see it getting much above 1C here tbh..there will be a clear spot and because of the snow field effect expect temps to go back down quite quick too. :)

3 days below zero here also (at night) Pond thick enough to walk on ect.

Can we expect the next batch to be of snow? Or sleet and rain like the BBC suggest?

Posted

Theres rain in this snow now so enjoy while you can, its also smelting slightly, despite temperature of 0.1C

I think everywhere east of Liverpool City centre should be fine for it to stay as snow, certainly not warmed up that much here. Still reading -0.6C, hoping it drops off once it stops snowing for the next bunch of showers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

3 days below zero here also (at night) Pond thick enough to walk on ect.

Can we expect the next batch to be of snow? Or sleet and rain like the BBC suggest?

So that isn't three days below zero then? :)