Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Cold Spell 8

M'Lady

Posted

Precipitation in Runcorn? Nothing in South Liverpool yet, although the cloud is building up. Will be gutted not to get some snow from this.

Took a stroll round Sefton Park earlier - the boating lake is frozen solid, save for a small area where there is a strong current due to water entering the lake (all the ducks have congregated here too). More surprising still is that the ice is thick enough to walk on - there was a man playing fetch with his dog in the middle of the lake! I wasn't brave enough to try this myself though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Precipitation in Runcorn? Nothing in South Liverpool yet, although the cloud is building up. Will be gutted not to get some snow from this.

Took a stroll round Sefton Park earlier - the boating lake is frozen solid, save for a small area where there is a strong current due to water entering the lake (all the ducks have congregated here too). More surprising still is that the ice is thick enough to walk on - there was a man playing fetch with his dog in the middle of the lake! I wasn't brave enough to try this myself though.

Yeah same here, VERY thick ice.

Yep mate, raining here.

Wet snow is good early on, it sticks better so more build up once the proper stuff sets in.

Oh okay, thanks.

Still raining here.

Posted

Nice, big proper snow flakes falling now.

We're easily going to see 1-2 inches from this, on top of the previous snow from Saturday night, could well amass 3 inches!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

NW radar is showing an area of sleet heading my way in among a massive line of snow...sods law :wallbash::wallbash: temp still -2.0c here though :nonono:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

its losing all its energy dam it, :wallbash: a non event!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

All of you who see snow tonight - Enjoy.

Raining here quite moderatly at 0.3c.

Really feel like punching my window as hard as I can atm.

Posted

Calm down if it's coming from my direction it'll be snow soon enough. :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

Chill winston, it was progged to start off as rain anyway for most and besides think your self lucky you got PPN. Its bone dry where I am and 0.8c crazy.gif

Posted

Freezing rain maybe? The ground must be frozen where you are (it certainly is here).

Still nothing coming out of the sky here. I'm attentively on lamppost watch at the minute.

Posted

Freezing rain maybe? The ground must be frozen where you are (it certainly is here).

Still nothing coming out of the sky here. I'm attentively on lamppost watch at the minute.

Ground is frozen solid. Precip is melting what we had left...

Posted

The Low thats out to the SW of Wales is progged to move north up into the Central Irish Sea overnight, giving the bands of Showers coming into the SW Wales to move even further Northwards towards our region in the early hours and into tomorrow afternoon.

This Occluded Fronts energy is being dispersed by regioning across the North Sea to Scandinavia from the recent charts, so it was always going to be a clear-cut thing anyway as to how much precip we was going to get. It was just a case of "where", not how much was due to fall.

This next event with the Low in the Irish Sea should set up a few good showers and possible Streamers given that Wales has had plenty of low overnight minimas, and little "lake effect" temperatures to scupper any showers turning into rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Very nearly at the edge of the precip here now, I just hope it doesn't die completly before it gets here! Mind you if it doesn't amount to much at least it will be good for the roads, my sisters supposed to be coming up tomorrow lol.

Edited by James M

Posted

Can now confirm sleet falling on the Wirral straight onto frozen roads. Caution required I think

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Slowly rising but it's still below freezing, -1.8°C atm.