Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted

Turned a bit sleety now, however still freezing when hitting the ground! Its added about 1cm onto my current snow which isn't bad. Temp has risen to 0.2c. I'm hoping it doesn't rise during the night...

Oh, its back to snow again :) Make its mind up :) (big flakes to)

Edited by mark bayley

Posted

Well that was scary, never driven in freezing rain before!!! Really dissappointed though, I mean its -2 out there and raining????????????

Posted

It's still raining in Lincoln even though the temps are very low. It only seems to have had a small impact on the lying snow here but it appears to have created extremely hazardous driving conditions - there's a spate of accidents blocking roads all over the county right now

Posted

Well that was scary, never driven in freezing rain before!!! Really dissappointed though, I mean its -2 out there and raining????????????

very weird isnt it!!! its like -1 dew and temp -0.7c

Posted

The rain has got heavier now, all surfaces are shiny from the ice. Current temperature -1.2C. Shocking conditions.

guys i dnt wana sound annoying but plz does this not frustrate you!! look at the predicted precipitation charts on metoffice website and precip type and the both show heay snow for pennine areas and less further east but its the complete opposite! its unbelivable, and the way the charts are going leeds will have no snow because look at tht shield taking effect!! wht a let down!! how cum other places in the world dnt get let dwns such as new yrk etc!!i wouldnt call this a severe cold spell.here in shadwell we had more last feb!!

Posted

light rain here wallbash.gif temp -0.1c dew point -1.4c ? cc_confused.gif. well its not melting the snow biggrin.gif

Posted

guys i dnt wana sound annoying but plz does this not frustrate you!! look at the predicted precipitation charts on metoffice website and precip type and the both show heay snow for pennine areas and less further east but its the complete opposite! its unbelivable, and the way the charts are going leeds will have no snow because look at tht shield taking effect!! wht a let down!! how cum other places in the world dnt get let dwns such as new yrk etc!!i wouldnt call this a severe cold spell.here in shadwell we had more last feb!!

lol i agree, but the new york storms are widespread, but yet they still never get let down. the set ps of snow for NY always seem to egt them whenever there is a major storm going east, it bugs me. hope they lose out on a lot of snow this year, there expecting double digits in a few days and rain, not seasonal really for them and not much in the way of snow for new york so far this winter or i havent heard

Posted

Ive really enjoyed this cold spell, as there's been 6cm of lying snow since saturday night here and it's hardly melted.

Daytime temps below freezing and lying snow for around a week now :):):)

Posted

It is currently 0C with a dew point of -1C, and all we have had tonight is rain and very wet sleet, which as it has hit the very cold ground has immediately turned to ice, meaning I almost fell over twice on the way to the car. Luckily they are gritting, but I was hoping there would at least be a little bit of snow. :wallbash: At least the snow that has already laid throughout this col spell han't melted.

Posted

Mate I share your frustrations 2.

friday evening all the heavy showers missed me leaving me with a patchy 1" covering, while just ten miles away in pately bridge they recieved 7/8 inches. We was suppost to get 2-4" saturday night, I lost 1" :wallbash: .Then on sunday morning they were predicting 2-8 inches, we got nothing apart from 1 inch monday morning.

But some areas havent got anything so cant complain really and it has been fun model watching :good:

Mate I share your frustrations 2.

friday evening all the heavy showers missed me leaving me with a patchy 1" covering, while just ten miles away in pately bridge they recieved 7/8 inches. We was suppost to get 2-4" saturday night, I lost 1" laugh.gif .Then on sunday morning they were predicting 2-8 inches, we got nothing apart from 1 inch monday morning.

But some areas havent got anything so cant complain really and it has been fun model watching smile.gif

it has i suppose and nice for some snow. but other areas like you say around us have been pasted and they then get even more and it just doesnt seem fair!! i cnt see next week coming off.it needs to intense up now if we have a chance like it was forecast but they got it wrong!! sak them and put us in and typical when places like reading etc were forecast light patchy snow and they ended up getting hammered!!typical

Posted

This is great, must be coming up to 2cm soon :good: I really hope the temp does not rise to much tonight! After the 25th it can do what it wants. But I'm begging to have the snow still on the ground for then :wallbash:

Posted

This is great, must be coming up to 2cm soon biggrin.gif I really hope the temp does not rise to much tonight! After the 25th it can do what it wants. But I'm begging to have the snow still on the ground for then laugh.gif

I know what you mean as that was my wish too. Please last until Christmas day please!!!!!. Now its RAINING there is little chance. My wife says I should grow up, perhaps shes rightwhistling.gif

Posted

it has i suppose and nice for some snow. but other areas like you say around us have been pasted and they then get even more and it just doesnt seem fair!! i cnt see next week coming off.it needs to intense up now if we have a chance like it was forecast but they got it wrong!! sak them and put us in and typical when places like reading etc were forecast light patchy snow and they ended up getting hammered!!typical

its not about being fair, its not like when someone get more sweets than some other person, its just the way it gos. yahoo.gif white xmas for me i think, with the lying snow, i was one of the lucky ones at least