Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted

well thats it for me till jan 4th so let the weather do it`s worst bring on the blizzards :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

Any1 have any idea whether these showers will hit around Cardiff east Valleys?

Posted

well thats it for me till jan 4th so let the weather do it`s worst bring on the blizzards :p

Could get fun as early as Tuesday next week:

162-574.GIF?23-12

Posted

Just heard on the radio, Cwmbran is gridlocked, especially around the town centre by Asda/Sainsburys, people been motionless for over an hour or so.

If I had the power I'd advocate a nationwide shutdown so us snow lovers could "chill" out and enjoy! Dont forget peeps to move heaven and earth, so you can waste your precious time off in the sales and then slave away in that mundane job.

Posted

Typical Wirralian, cant stay away from Wales laugh.gif

I will be watching the BBC NE Wales traffic cams online later to see how much snow Halkyn gets, or should I say doesnt get if it becomes warmer in upper layers.

I bet its balmy on the summit of Snowdon right now tease.gif

mountain rescue have just saved two "idiots" who decided to go for a walk on Snowdon in trainers and tracksuits!!!!!!!!!!!! can you believe it - they should hit them with an invoice for the helicopter and mountain rescue team - that'll make them think twice - silly people

Posted
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice, Frost, Thunderstorms, Gales
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl

Outbreaks of sleet and snow this evening could fall onto frozen roads causing widespread ice, particularly on higher routes.

The public are advised to take extra care and refer to Traffic Wales for further advice on road conditions.

Issued at: 1636 Wed 23 Dec

Blaenau Gwent / Bridgend / Caerphilly / Merthyr Tydfil / Monmouthshire / NPT / RCT / Torfaen

Recently issued by the MetO - so much for the 'milder' evening? Something afoot - cold air fight back or more stubborn than thought?

JK

Posted

Outbreaks of sleet and snow this evening could fall onto frozen roads causing widespread ice, particularly on higher routes.

The public are advised to take extra care and refer to Traffic Wales for further advice on road conditions.

Blaenau Gwent / Bridgend / Caerphilly / Merthyr Tydfil / Monmouthshire / NPT / RCT / Torfaen

Recently issued by the MetO - so much for the 'milder' evening? Something afoot - cold air fight back or more stubborn than thought?

JK

I have to say the forecast surprises me. It's been bitterly cold, there's lying snow and it was going to take something warmer than "a bit milder" to shift it. I've no doubt it will get milder but this freezing and potential snow should come as little surprise. So why are the Met Office so late with it?

Posted

Mountains round here have 2 inches of snow, we have very slushy snow cover here and its ment to be warming up?

Posted

JK

Now they issue a warning? :yahoo:

Posted
  • Location: Upper Cwmbran NP44 S E Wales - 5 Miles east of Newport 150m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: SACRA member
  • Location: Upper Cwmbran NP44 S E Wales - 5 Miles east of Newport 150m ASL

I've just been out and resued 3 more people who live in upper cwmbran....all the roads are gridlocked still, the gritters did go to work on them earlier before it snowed ( did they know something then ? )

The roads are now very slushy around the town centre....all buses and taxis were stopped but now seem to have limited service.

Upper cwmbran and thornhill area treacherous and if theres any more snow tonight then fun fun fun on christmas eve...

going to pop down asda

seeing as its 24 hrs a bit later this evening for some port to warm me up

temp now 0.7 C thats all...thought it was suppose to be milder !!

Posted

showers seem to be moving more east now?

Posted

Drizzly crap around porthcawl earlier , then i went on a job up around oakdale area , and it was spectacular to say the least!!!

Struggled to get onto A465 via rhymney way after returning via ystrad, as Ystrad way just was not happening,big mistake !! was starting to get rather desperate, and i was looking around my works van for supplies if trapped over night,and all that was found was a maggot ridden greggs steak bake that had fallen behind the passenger side a while ago somehow, and a couple of dead spiders.

Deciding this would not suffice, i thought "what would Ray Mears do?" , a few moments later, i pulled out my machete and set fire to the ashtray in a style even Ray himself would look on in awe to, the toxic smoke instantly calmed me down and i drifted all the way home.

Ok that part was not quite true...

Battled through and back down to Swansea just now, like a different world up there , and so close too.

I now declare part 1 of this winters snow event in Swansea over.

Roll on part 2 , lampost , dew points , will it wont it?, ft above asl , battle ground snow ,the general disappointment but the occasional suprise that is our winter weather.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather, wind, snow, heat, storms

Set off from Merthyr at 15:30 and got home at 19:00. A465 gridlock

As i went North of Abergavenny it was a nice surprise to see snow settled to about 2''.

Look very festive. They can stick work tomorrow. If this freezes there will be no chance of me getting out of the village.

What are the chances of that band of rain over west Wales moving East across us and giving us some more?

Posted

As i went North of Abergavenny it was a nice surprise to see snow settled to about 2''.

Look very festive. They can stick work tomorrow. If this freezes there will be no chance of me getting out of the village.

What are the chances of that band of rain over west Wales moving East across us and giving us some more?

We should see some showers, but i'm not sure.

Posted

That what i been asking all night but no one been answering me lol

I now declare part 1 of this winters snow event in Swansea over.

Roll on part 2 , lampost , dew points , will it wont it?, ft above asl , battle ground snow ,the general disappointment but the occasional suprise that is our winter weather.

Still plenty of snow up here, despite the heavy sleet earlier, most of the snow cover has remained.

We have also just had another heavy sleet shower in the past 30 mins.

Posted

I hope to see a few more showers tonight.

were about 20miles too far east i think:/ dno tho