Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted

I am to the south of u near llantrisant my post code is CF15 area. Im pretty much on the Garth Mountain. Still nothing. My snow hasnt melted tho so lol. Are showers expected to follow from the SW?

Some snow has melted here mate, but not much which is good.

Posted

I am to the south of u near llantrisant my post code is CF15 area. Im pretty much on the Garth Mountain. Still nothing. My snow hasnt melted tho so lol. Are showers expected to follow from the SW?

there are further showers behind this main band + the main low should move closer to Wales causing more showers over night and temps don't seem that much in a hurry to increase either - so with the darkness the snow will stay for the moment by the looks of things!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

there are further showers behind this main band + the main low should move closer to Wales causing more showers over night and temps don't seem that much in a hurry to increase either - so with the darkness the snow will stay for the moment by the looks of things!

Awesome and tempertures here are nearly below 0c and falling. 0.1c at the moment and ice is forming!

Posted
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Ice, Frost, Thunderstorms, Gales
  • Location: Gilfach, Bargoed, South East Wales Valleys, 190m Asl

Bargoed, valley S/East Wales - about another inch very heavy - roads absolutely treacherous!

Stopping slowly but freezing still! Buses have stopped and local taxis have gone off road for a few hours they said.

JK

Bargoed, valley S/East Wales - about another inch very heavy - roads absolutely treacherous!

Stopping slowly but freezing still! Buses have stopped and local taxis have gone off road for a few hours they said.

JK

Started again now - temperature now dropped to 0.1 degrees - lots of abandoned cars!

JK

Posted

looks like we will get a break here for an hour or two before the showers hit which would be good as the temp will start to drop as it gets dark so hopefully it will all fall as snow rather than the rain / slet / snow mix we had earlier

Posted

snow level is down to here now, 100% heavy wet snow now

Which part of Swansea are you in. Nothing but heavy cold rain of the worst variety where I am !

WelshSnowFan

Posted
  • Location: Upper Cwmbran NP44 S E Wales - 5 Miles east of Newport 150m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: SACRA member
  • Location: Upper Cwmbran NP44 S E Wales - 5 Miles east of Newport 150m ASL

Cwmbran is gridlocked !

just went out in my 4x4 and rescued the police attending an accident in Pontnewydd

they abandoned the panda car in pontewydd and i chauffered them around....eventually because of the mayhem and traffic chaos around Cwmbran, then decided to head back to Cwmbran police station and get a 4x4 themselves....a bluie light was needed on my truck !!...the officer kept getting out asking people to move over for me as was attending emergency..

absolute mayhem and chaos around here tonight...cars abandoned on hills everywhere...retails parks gridlocked..shoppers and workers pamnciking to get home.!!

and its started snowing again,,,had about 2 inches in places now...and the grit has alkl gone

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I am suprised at the Max temp for my location today. I am in the far SW near Milford - Max temp 2.9 C today & falling now. I was expecting it to be up around 5/6 C today with the milder blip. A good Omen I think

Edited by Jonathan Evans

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Temp here now up a bit to 1.4C and no snow for a while now, hope the temp doesn't rise anymore, if anything drop as we go into the night, also hope for maybe some snow showers!

Posted

What are the chances of Angelsey getting any snow this evening/ overnight?

pretty good - u have a meto warning out and snow that went past us now should be with you in a couple of hours

Posted

BBC were wrong then.

The rain and mild weather forecast Today was instead heavy snow and 0C here. :drinks:

Posted

pretty good - u have a meto warning out and snow that went past us now should be with you in a couple of hours

Brilliant. I am praying for snow ! laugh.gif

Posted

are you sure those showers are heading this way and if so what time would they be here, thanks:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow

Was up the hills today, still a fair amount of snow cover there, just helped by a spell of heavy snow which i was lucky enough to witness.

Big flakes and sticking but i was around 300M ASL.

On the way down i noticed the snow line dropped perhaps the lowest it got was around 200m.- it was rather wet at that height though.

Well worth the walk :angry:

Posted

the showers seem to be coming up the bristol channel looking at meto radar but i dont think we'll see them until 7-8 pm if at all

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Typical Wirralian, cant stay away from Wales :)

I will be watching the BBC NE Wales traffic cams online later to see how much snow Halkyn gets, or should I say doesnt get if it becomes warmer in upper layers.

I bet its balmy on the summit of Snowdon right now :)

Posted

bbc saying getting warmer further showers will be rain no frost tonight staying above 0 deg and 6 deg tomorrow

:)

Posted

bbc saying getting warmer further showers will be rain no frost tonight staying above 0 deg and 6 deg tomorrow

dont listen to them they got it wrong again today lol

Posted

A milder spell of weather is coming up for now until it all kicks off again early next week with a potential blizzard and a renewed cold blast to take us into January.