Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Cold Spell Discussion

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snow. Summer: Hot and Dry

Mate before we warn people lol, we should wait till the morning to see what the situation is i think.

Well the bbc weather foecasters seem pretty certain of heavy snow after around 11pm tommorow! even at the far coastal areas in the SE of Wales. And I was given the worst it could be, possible conditions.

Posted

Mate before we warn people lol, we should wait till the morning to see what the situation is i think.

now, when Jay is reining people in, we really are wandering into the Twilight Zone I think!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow

The NAE 18Hz doesn't seem as favourable as the ECM though looking at the snow/rain distinction.

Today was the first time I had heard of the NAE.

Same here only found out about this today, the uncertainty around how far north this low gets in such a short timeframe is making it very difficult.

http://expert.weathe...122900_2718.gif < NAE 18Z

You do see a slight shift of the Low northwards on the NAE- is it a step towards the GFS solution?

Im beginning to think Heavy rain South of Brecon at the moment with Snow on the higher ground of South Wales. Lets see what the models do tomorrow but i certainly wouldnt get your hopes up about this one.

Same here only found out about this today, the uncertainty around how far north this low gets in such a short timeframe is making it very difficult.

http://expert.weathe...122900_2718.gif < NAE 18Z

You do see a slight shift of the Low northwards on the NAE- is it a step towards the GFS solution?

Im beginning to think Heavy rain South of Brecon at the moment with Snow on the higher ground of South Wales. Lets see what the models do tomorrow but i certainly wouldnt get your hopes up about this one.

BBC charts based on the UKMO showed snow to sea level, perhaps retreating a little further north, later in the day. Far too early to say no snow south of Brecon, as there is snow forecasted for the Valleys on the NAE 18Hz.

In any case not long to go before we find out.

clearing teh NAE 18Hz not so promising,

Posted

BBC charts based on the UKMO showed snow to sea level, perhaps retreating a little further north, later in the day. Far too early to say no snow south of Brecon, as there is snow forecasted for the Valleys on the NAE 18Hz.

In any case not long to go before we find out.

clearing teh NAE 18Hz not so promising,

Hi mate, the band of snow moving North, is it meant to retreat back South later in the day?

Posted

Hi mate, the band of snow moving North, is it meant to retreat back South later in the day?

Hi jay you should be getting some shut eye for a long night tomorrow !!!!

its a situation where the weather front could stall, problem is where and how far north the low gets, sorry can not be more acurate and forecat if you get snow or rain but at this time its too hard to call and i would rather be honest than give anyone false info. but i will update when i can