Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Cold Spell Discussion

M'Lady

Posted

NW Radar shows some sleet/snow heading towards us, can see some orange clouds too............

wonder if it will be similar pattern for Preston tonight ..most of our snow this event seems to have fallen early hours...theres lots on the ground so i know theres been for a fair bit but ive hardly seen any fall despite being up till gone one every night and up 7ish

Edited by chris78

Posted

wonder if it will be similar pattern for Preston tonight ..most of our snow this event seems to have fallen early hours...theres lots on the ground so i know theres been for a fair bit but ive hardly seen any fall despite being up till gone one every night and up 7ish

I have some relatives that live in Preston. How have you fared in the cold spell :) ?

Posted

I have some relatives that live in Preston. How have you fared in the cold spell smile.gif ?

Well ive lived here for 12 years and this is by far the most snow ive ever seen here....an older guy I spoke to at the allotments earlier rekons worse (best) for 40 years...oh hang on ill attach a pic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

Some beefy looking showers brewing up in the Irish sea heading this way , hope they fall as Snow , we had a sleet shower here about 15mins ago , so i'm a bit worried :) that all the lovely snow might get washed away

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

well central and SW scotland looks like its getting pasted right now, looking back and running radar the band is shifting to the south while maintaining a west to east feed, may end up running through cumbria to an extent

Edited by james12

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

Graupel falling in Samlesbury - relatively snow free (from the skies that is !) since this morning.

Edited by Iceaxecrampon

Posted

Well ive lived here for 12 years and this is by far the most snow ive ever seen here....an older guy I spoke to at the allotments earlier rekons worse (best) for 40 years...oh hang on ill attach a pic

Sounds good! So I'm guessing you have a good few inches on the ground :) ?

I used to live in Southport (though my dad is originally from Sheffield) and the snow was never great. I do remember one really good snow event though. Must have been between 93 and 95. I'm glad i have moved east though!

Posted

Sounds good! So I'm guessing you have a good few inches on the ground smile.gif ?

I used to live in Southport (though my dad is originally from Sheffield) and the snow was never great. I do remember one really good snow event though. Must have been between 93 and 95. I'm glad i have moved east though!

yes im really shocked ...had a bet in work on Saturday that we woulkdnt get an inch or lying snow all winter ...woke up yesterday to this.....

never been happier to loose a bet

post-10806-12615027636213_thumb.jpg

Posted

yes im really shocked ...had a bet in work on Saturday that we woulkdnt get an inch or lying snow all winter ...woke up yesterday to this.....

never been happier to loose a bet

Very nice picture! Looks like you have a little more than me :) I got about 5cm, a bit more in the higher villages while sheffield has seen about 8cm

Posted

Have to say Stockport seems like we had a snow machine feeding in all the showers. Was great to see so much snow falling, most i`ve seen for a good number of years.

Posted

Also i`ve just noticed tonights minimum temps have been pegged back somewhat from a very cold -5 to a warmer 0 to -1 across the region

Posted
  • Location: Appley Bridge, Nr. Wigan, Lancashire, approx 50m ASL

Has anybody else noticed that the temp in Tullock Bridge (Scotland) is already -16c!!!

The band of prec above Northern Ireland looks like it actually has an outside chance of making it's way towards us - here's hoping :)

I just hope that prec of Southport now does not fall as rain here.

Kids have been sledging down my street all day and it is unbelievably slippery - a frozen layer of water on top of that would not be good.

Current temp 2.8c, so a little marginal.

Edited by chrisbooth0070

Posted

Also i`ve just noticed tonights minimum temps have been pegged back somewhat from a very cold -5 to a warmer 0 to -1 across the region

Suggests more cloud and an onshore breeze, talking of which there are some large showers building just offshore, showing as hail on the radar.

Are they going to push inland?

Not sure what the wind direction is its so light?

Posted

My worst fears were correct - it is currently falling as rain :) near Wigan and temp gone up to 3.0c

Posted

Took a few pics of the snow in my back garden (sorry getting ahead of myself there, my 'back yard'...

gallery_727_670_116185.jpg

gallery_727_670_9105.jpg

gallery_727_670_110560.jpg

gallery_727_670_50073.jpg

gallery_727_670_98062.jpg

...there's a few more in my gallery.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards

not snowing yet here in middleton but a few lightning strikes! Mad!!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Evening All

What a strange day at work at Man Airport Heavy snow nearly all day

10 miles down the road in Northwich SFA....LOLnonono.gif

Just a quick question are we due more Snow tomorrow night into Xmas eve morning

Not had chance to look at the models today and dont want to trawl through page after page of threads

BBC weather maps seem to show a large area of white tomorrow night over the NW

Please can someone update me.......Thank you