Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Cold Spell Discussion

M'Lady

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

RAININGGGGGGGGG 2.3c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

Had about another inch or so last night. Maybe not as much as some areas, but more than some have had so I am v grateful indeed! This is turning out to be a v interesting start to the 'even larger teapot'! The fact that I can look out at a snowman in the garden, living a mile from the sea on the west coast is testament to that alone! Whatever happens from now on this winter, I've got my pics & camcorder footage, so happy days. (though something overnight into Christmas Day would be nice!)

Posted

Now where the hell did that come from. I have been out and about since 7.30 am doing work things, driving from Bacup to Rawtenstall and then to and around Bury and I am now sitting in the office. I'ts absolute murder out there. There is snow all over the roads and it's still snowing in Bury and looking at the Radar there is still more out there. No rain here just great big snow flakes.

Leaving early to start the long trip home to Bacup where it could get very interesting if there are 6-8 inches now.

Shadowfax

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)

Now where the hell did that come from. I have been out and about since 7.30 am doing work things, driving from Bacup to Rawtenstall and then to and around Bury and I am now sitting in the office. I'ts absolute murder out there. There is snow all over the roads and it's still snowing in Bury and looking at the Radar there is still more out there. No rain here just great big snow flakes.

Leaving early to start the long trip home to Bacup where it could get very interesting if there are 6-8 inches now.

Shadowfax

gotta love it though !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

showers of graupel/snow here temp currently 0.5c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Hail, looks an instense shower, might be thunder, and even snow if it's heavy enough

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)

moderate snow again, nice depth building up now. The gritters are out today which

is making the roads a bit better that sunday or monday when the awful

the Dale didnt bother gritting, instead traffic is fine until it gets here, then cars are abandoned. An absolute joke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

really heavy hail shower now, trying to settle too

Posted

Shadowfax

Hi!

Fellow Rossendale here!

Best be careful, we just had another heavy dumping of snow. Easily 7 inches here in the hills near Stacksteads/Waterfoot.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

Sun just poked it's head thru' the clouds, radar shows more precipitation on it's way tho' , hope it's snow that arrives not rain/sleet :nonono:

Posted

Hi!

Fellow Rossendale here!

Best be careful, we just had another heavy dumping of snow. Easily 7 inches here in the hills near Stacksteads/Waterfoot.

Thanks for that, I have just spoken to the husband who is sitting at home and confirmed what you had said earlier - loads of snow!!!

Can't wait to get back, just hope it lasts until Christmas Day. It's actually very thick in Bury which is unusual, and the traffic is terrible, no sign of any gritters and the world and his wife are shopping and crawling around in their little igloo cars.

Shadowfax

Posted

The hail showers are streaming in here, leaving everywhere white

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

This is absolutley mental!! I never expected any snow today but it's still been coming down heavy! I was just out measuring and I had to keep trying loads of different parts of the garden because I could hardly believe it! :nonono: an average depth of 33cm here now :wallbash:

Edited by James M

Posted

Overnight temps saw Buxton reach -9.8'c last night and locally here reach -10.3'c.

Its been snowing almost consistently since 9am and even now theres further snowfall coming in from the Mersey Estuary off the Irish Sea, with Sferics approaching the coast for those in Southport/Liverpool to watch out for. CAPE at 310kjs out in the Irish Sea sea today which isnt too bad given the SSTs.

Posted

Just saw a flash of lightning, no thunder though!