Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

Just saw BBC weather. Louise Lear seems to think the snow will fizzle out as it moves SE. I'd agree from looking at the ppn currently over Cambs & Norfolk, however that blob of ppn over Hampshire seems to be pepping up as it moves NE. They didnt accurately forecast the amount of snow for today, so should we trust them for tonight?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer & Snowy Winter

Just saw BBC weather. Louise Lear seems to think the snow will fizzle out as it moves SE. I'd agree from looking at the ppn currently over Cambs & Norfolk, however that blob of ppn over Hampshire seems to be pepping up as it moves NE. They didnt accurately forecast the amount of snow for today, so should we trust them for tonight?

We should not trust them.

Edited by Luton-Weather

Posted

Just posted in the old thread, so am posting again.

Not an expert so if someone could verify this or correct me i thank you in advance.

Isn't the cold front usually were the big storms brew, usually alot more convective?

With that in mind and the increase of that plob over hampshire. This could be another good event for whoever is lucky enough to be in the firing line?

I really was convinced all i would get is rain after thats what i saw at 10am! Another inch, Loving it!

Edited by mesocyclone

Posted

Try Sky News Weather forecasts as well. They are going for snow in London and the surrounding areas in the early hours. Sky are very good with their forecasts

Posted

I think this is where the over-reliance on the exact details of the BBC weather graphics needs to be cut out

Think of it like the good old days pre-fancy graphics - just because it had a sleet shower symbol over all of EA and SE England it didnt mean that would be the exact weather all over that area

SK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

Try Sky News Weather forecasts as well. They are going for snow in London and the surrounding areas in the early hours. Sky are very good with their forecasts

what time are they saying i missed that one

Posted

I thought Peter Cockcroft bottled it by saying "more heavy snow" but not saying any quantities, locations or using graphics this time, then the girl on BBC national weather did also say it would "track back across the London area" but again failed to mention any quantities. I'd infer another cm at best for London – graphics looked like it was fizzling out but a really vague forecast for overnight in London. Lame all round! :D

Posted

I think this is where the over-reliance on the exact details of the BBC weather graphics needs to be cut out

Think of it like the good old days pre-fancy graphics - just because it had a sleet shower symbol over all of EA and SE England it didnt mean that would be the exact weather all over that area

SK

I agree, however she also said herself that it would fizzle out. I wasnt just going by the graphics.

Edited by danm

Posted

Already PPN 4 miles to my west on the high res radar over Amersham and Chesham - can anyone confirm this?

Hasn't really stopped snowing in Chesham since this afternoon. Has been lighter snow grains at times, but currently 'proper' albeit light snow

Posted

what time are they saying i missed that one

Their next forecast will be between 22:55 22:59 hrs

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

I thought Peter Cockcroft bottled it by saying "more heavy snow" but not saying any quantities, locations or using graphics this time, then the girl on BBC national weather did also say it would "track back across the London area" but again failed to mention any quantities. I'd infer another cm at best for London – graphics looked like it was fizzling out but a really vague forecast for overnight in London. Lame all round! aggressive.gif

seemed like both just covered the basics cold ice and maybe snow. covering them selves really so anything could happen tonight going by this afternoons snow.

Posted

laugh.gif I'm the only one who is having light rain! But only noticed it because I popped out the door, it's drizzle because the PPN is not heavy enough.......

This is what i experienced either side of the band. Evaporative cooling was causing the wet snow i think. We had a few cm of slush before the snow settled. I think this is what caused all the traffic problems, hazardous is an understatement.

Posted

I thought Peter Cockcroft bottled it by saying "more heavy snow" but not saying any quantities, locations or using graphics this time, then the girl on BBC national weather did also say it would "track back across the London area" but again failed to mention any quantities. I'd infer another cm at best for London – graphics looked like it was fizzling out but a really vague forecast for overnight in London. Lame all round! aggressive.gif

A 'cover our backs' forecast. I bet there will be no more snow in the early hours.

Posted

Hi,

Just been outside and it's currently around 1c and raining. :(

The snow and ice on my path is now melting away fairly fast as well..... :D

Posted

I thought Peter Cockcroft bottled it by saying "more heavy snow" but not saying any quantities, locations or using graphics this time, then the girl on BBC national weather did also say it would "track back across the London area" but again failed to mention any quantities. I'd infer another cm at best for London – graphics looked like it was fizzling out but a really vague forecast for overnight in London. Lame all round! :D

Croydon Borough Council have been advised by the MetO to expect up to 10cm anytime from midnight. Let's see what materialises.

Posted

Croydon Borough Council have been advised by the MetO to expect up to 10cm anytime from midnight. Let's see what materialises.

what a joker

Posted

What is it with you and Croydon Borough Council. You said that on Friday aswell

Posted

Light rain in Haywards Heath ahead of the band approaching from the west. Still not expecting anything substantial to be on the ground come morning but this piddly little shower is irritating nonetheless