Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

I hope so mate. With the way the showers are developing, most parts of west/south yorkshire should get some soon :lol:

We just seem to be in direct firing line here at the moment,the scenes just west of here around settle and ingleton will be amazing with all the snow that fell on thursday and friday.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Sheffield snow shield up and running ripping any showers to shreds.

Did go a little misty a while a go now cleared again. Temps rising a massive -0.3C right now while dew point is falling now -3C.

Just looked at the met office weather warning page. Mostly for Ice but we don't need a warning here for heavy snow here.

Posted

Im confused on met its says Leeds ain't got a Weather warning but on beep it said heavy snow??

Will we get lots?

Posted

woohoo moderate snow here now! nice big flakes

Im confused on met its says Leeds ain't got a Weather warning but on beep it said heavy snow??

Will we get lots?

There is a warning out now. says 5-10cm lower ground with upto 20cm on higher ground.

Posted

Light snow here, but i think i'm on the edge of the snow shower.

Posted

am i right to believe that bbc say 5-10for south yorkshire with the warning lasting into 10pm tonight???

i find it hard to believe really lol

Posted

woohoo moderate snow here now! nice big flakes

There is a warning out now. says 5-10cm lower ground with upto 20cm on higher ground.

Whoop not Snowing in Morley Leeds yet but the winds picked up!!

Posted

Winter wonder land in hull this morning :)

post-2644-12613016495313_thumb.jpg

post-2644-12613016679613_thumb.jpg

post-2644-12613016844113_thumb.jpg

Lewis

Nice pics. Looks pretty similar to here. I recorded a level 4cm this morning so its pretty much the best fall since January 2004.

Very nice, id say yav got about 3" there :)

Its a good dumping but its quite obviously not 3 inches. Never understand the need to exaggerate. :yahoo:

Cant wait to see what the min temp was this morning when I get home from work. When I left at 6am it was already down to -5.4C. It was probably the coldest night since December 1995.

Posted

Nice pics. Looks pretty similar to here. I recorded a level 4cm this morning so its pretty much the best fall since January 2004.

Its a good dumping but its quite obviously not 3 inches. Never understand the need to exaggerate. :yahoo:

Cant wait to see what the min temp was this morning when I get home from work. When I left at 6am it was already down to -5.4C. It was probably the coldest night since December 1995.

Thought it was about 2 inches but didnt want to offend him incase I was wrong lol..

Posted
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but Rain!
  • Location: Border of N.Yorks / W.Yorks / Lancashire - 350m asl

Been snowing on and off here for the past hour, some of it very heavy and added almost a centermeter of fresh snow.

Looking at the radar looks like the first big clump of the day should be here in about an hour. Hopefully its not a disappointment like last nights snow was.

Posted

what was everyones low last night? mine was -5.5c now 0c though but shower clouds are rolling in

Posted

what was everyones low last night? mine was -5.5c now 0c though but shower clouds are rolling in

Dunno mate, but it was -6c when i got up around 8am and it's still -4c now.I wonder how low the temp will go tonight :D

Posted

Dunno mate, but it was -6c when i got up around 8am and it's still -4c now.I wonder how low the temp will go tonight :D

love the pics mate! you was deffo right about radar watching! woke up thinking this westerly wont give much now bbc latest forecast says its moving straight here and now the radar shows the showers moving west to east once they get over the pennines! :D

Posted

Min last night -8.3, currently -4.9.

Absolutely stunning out there, 15cm or so and no traffic coming through on the B1249.

Posted

love the pics mate! you was deffo right about radar watching! woke up thinking this westerly wont give much now bbc latest forecast says its moving straight here and now the radar shows the showers moving west to east once they get over the pennines! :D

I doubt they will reach me but im not fussed after last nights dumping.Good luck today :D

Posted

Its a good dumping but its quite obviously not 3 inches. Never understand the need to exaggerate. :D

Thought it was about 2 inches but didnt want to offend him incase I was wrong lol..

lol, why would i be offended mate i just had record falls in this area since december 2005 when i had like 10 inches lol.

2 inches across the board with drifting in places, and my back garden for example is 1cm off 3 inches.

Defenetly more than 4cm :D

Posted

Dunno mate, but it was -6c when i got up around 8am and it's still -4c now.I wonder how low the temp will go tonight :(

Early part of the night may see the lowest temps around here, but the wind is forecasted to strengthen slightly which will take the edge of them somewhat, a minus 10 can't be ruled out :D . Those showers look ace over the Peninnes :D really panoramic!

Posted

lol, why would i be offended mate i just had record falls in this area since december 2005 when i had like 10 inches lol.

2 inches across the board with drifting in places, and my back garden for example is 1cm off 3 inches.

Defenetly more than 4cm :D

haha some people get touchy about there snowfall amounts. Looks a nice scene however much snow there maybe :D

Hopefully us who missed out last night will have similar scenes later.

Posted

haha some people get touchy about there snowfall amounts. Looks a nice scene however much snow there maybe :D

Hopefully us who missed out last night will have similar scenes later.

Yeah i can vouch for that, there was a guy from Nottingham the other year that said he had 4-5 inches when it was 1 at best, i picked up on it and he ended up arguing with me and i ended up with a 7 day ban, or was it a 2 month ban :D

LOL

Posted

Early part of the night may see the lowest temps around here, but the wind is forecasted to strengthen slightly which will take the edge of them somewhat, a minus 10 can't be ruled out :p . Those showers look ace over the Peninnes :) really panoramic!

I think there's a good chance that today will be an ice day don't you :)