Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted

I think its looking cracking, obviously there will be local variations but some of you should see a few more inches yet looking at the latest radar. The precipitation around manchester seems to be backbuilding and plenty more showers pushing in on the north sea :wallbash:

im in a mood now that i want everyone to have a covering before xmas! in places it has drifted to near 2inches but average around 5cm now

Posted

Yeah thats what I've just been looking at, its a possibility, I'd say 50/50 chance of happening.

Been really let down by the BBC and Meto forecasts, they seem to refuse to nowcast and just use there tin can weather models which don't get anything right.

Ye, the next couple of hours radar watching are guna be key.

Latest charts showing something for tuesday night 2

http://charts.netweather.tv/gfsimages/gfs.20091220/12/57/ukprec.png

obviously too far away to get excited, but just shows that there will be further opportunities in this cold spell.

Edited by Jed Bickerdike

Posted

I've a funny feeling this streamer is going to head a little too far north of us :wallbash:

Need the winds to change, or for the low to track south a little!!

another respite from the snow atm here, hoping it'll fire back up again soon! :wallbash:

your going to get some in 20mins! looking good still, looks misleading but some reason its still NW to SE track

Edited by maxdamageukno1

Posted

I think our chances of snow tonight may increase. At first i expected the line of showers to hit Preston first, as shown by the Orange arrow, instead it has hit the area with the blue circle which i didn't expect, so the showers MAY travel along the green line, putting Leeds in the firing line. post-8968-12613258164113_thumb.jpg

Edit: Looking at the latest radar I think they will miss us, still a chance of it happening.

Edited by 10123

Posted

Well what a surprise! 4inches of the good stuff here, took me 2hrs to travel 5miles (total gridlock man) but it is amazing and there looks to be a fair bit more coming, whoop snow day!

Posted

I think our chances of snow tonight may increase. At first i expected the line of showers to hit Preston first, as shown by the Orange arrow, instead it has hit the area with the blue circle which i didn't expect, so the showers MAY travel along the green line, putting Leeds in the firing line. post-8968-12613258164113_thumb.jpg

Edit: Looking at the latest radar I think they will miss us, still a chance of it happening.

yeah looking better for you lot! i still think south yorkshire will manage to get those showers! not getting hopes up though

Posted

Ye, I think halifax/huddersfield will get another direct hit. Things are starting to go in our favour a little, but we just need the wind to go a bit more westerly and for the showers to be pushing in off the irish sea a little north of what they are..

I see cumbria have a new warning just been put out. thats got to increase our chances a little as thats where we need the showers to be pushin south east from :rolleyes:

Edited by Jed Bickerdike

Posted

huuuuuuuuuuddersfield, huuuuuuuuuudersfield! yes we have lots of snow and there is a lot of dark cloud coming, snow day?

Posted

yeah looking better for you lot! i still think south Yorkshire will manage to get those showers! not getting hopes up though

I'm edging to-wards South Yorkshire getting a pasting tonight, could be wrong, and I would love for it to be wrong and hit us instead but i doubt it.

Posted

I'm edging to-wards South Yorkshire getting a pasting tonight, could be wrong, and I would love for it to be wrong and hit us instead but i doubt it.

is that low pressure moving south? if it does then your correct but if not then youl be fine!

Posted

I'm edging to-wards South Yorkshire getting a pasting tonight

It's already got one!!

Best 'snow-event' since February 09, and looking like surpassing that the way things are looking.

Brief lull arund 10 mins ago, but as i speak the 50p's are again falling from the heavens.

Around 3 inches cover, drifting to >4 in certain places - cars abandoned, snow sticking to house walls, no idea where the kerb begins/ends...

Just like the olden days :winky:

And the best thing - we were forecast a clear, but cold day today

Posted

The pennines are kicking into action :wallbash: Might see a little more tonight but it probably won't amount to much as there hills are just weakening it to much. Still im very happy with what i have seen :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: ☀️

heavier flakes now...... please dont stop :wallbash:

stopped:

Edited by stevied

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

Absolutely unreal the conditions here i have took some pics and videos of the Blizzard the snowflakes earlier were absoluetly huge we had a few cm in about 30 mins within less than hour it had brought traffic to a standstill in sheffield it took me 2 hours to get to Dronfield i crashed 3 rtimes because of sheet ice absolutely incredible scences here im stuck in Dronfield now where it's currently snowing very heavily again.

Posted

Absolutely unreal the conditions here i have took some pics and videos of the Blizzard the snowflakes earlier were absoluetly huge we had a few cm in about 30 mins within less than hour it had brought traffic to a standstill in sheffield it took me 2 hours to get to Dronfield i crashed 3 rtimes because of sheet ice absolutely incredible scences here im stuck in Dronfield now where it's currently snowing very heavily again.

Looks like were going to get another big bit according to the radar! :)

Posted

maxdamage u reckon that snow will get east enough to hit us in hatfield area?

dont know mate but the showers should move more east later today so thats when itl be better, but got no clue at moment, could be in for a suprise though