Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

almost getting to whiteout conditions at the moment in Scarborough. Can see the house across the street but not the one behind that... Some finale this is giving us.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temperatures ≤25ºC ≥10ºC.

almost getting to whiteout conditions at the moment in Scarborough. Can see the house across the street but not the one behind that... Some finale this is giving us.

Nice one!!!!

Be sure to post some roof shots. It's easier to judge how deep it is then.

Posted

Wow. Total snowstorm. Fantastic.

Posted

I live in north Wakefield. At approx 7pm, the pressure dropped from 1013Mb to 998Mb in about an hour. The temp rose to 1.5C from 0.5C and it rained heavily.

Pressure is still at 998 now (00:25) and the temp is -0.5C. There has been a recent light snow shower which has covered the roads, but all in all we've not got very much here at all.

The main issue is now the rain/melt that has now frozen. We've just got back in from a night out and the roads are trecherous, and it's not deep snow causing the problems...Thin snow and ice.

Hope the rest of you are enjoying your whiteouts, because we've pretty much missed it really :(

Posted

Plenty of radar watching later today mate :wallbash:

indeed there will! right im off to bed! at least i can say tonight wasnt a total NO event :D, night all

Posted

indeed there will! right im off to bed! at least i can say tonight wasnt a total NO event :rolleyes:, night all

The snow has returned here, although it's only a light shower according to the radar.

Posted

The snow has returned here, although it's only a light shower according to the radar.

Nice one mate, I'm going to retire, so I'm nice and fresh for the next radar watching episode

Night :cray:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Tornadoey

About 5 inches on the back garden at the end of all this. Not as much as I'd have expected for 5 hours and 45 minutes of non stop snow but plenty when compared to some places I guess. Given that Pickering had this much before todays snow even came, I would not be surprised to see a foot or more up on the moors in places.

post-1731-12612711671013_thumb.jpg

post-1731-12612712225013_thumb.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy weather in winter. Dry and warm in summer.

Gorky - lovely pics mate, looks similar to what its like here although you seem to have a little more snow. Heres hoping for more snow to come.

Whoever hasn't seen snow must of been extremely unlucky through missing out on the easterly and then this front coming down from the north. Here we had numerous showers from the easterly which amounted to around 2cm and then tonight we had about 2 hours of heavy / moderate snow which deposited around 10cm.

Yes I'd imagine some spots on the North York Moors will have a lot of snow, I bet theres some deep drifts up there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: the more extreme the better!

well, to say we had constant falling snow up here for a few hours last night theres very little to show for it. What has settled has done so on top of the frozen slush from earlier in the day, not looking forwards to walking down for the bus in a little while.

What is in store for this afternoon? will it be scatterd light showers or can I look forward to a good pelting??

Posted

Was round at a party yesterday evening with a guy who had been on a works course at an old farm house near Malham Tarn.

There was only one road in and one road out and he was supposed to get back on Friday but only got back yesterday teatime thanks to the farmers tractors that pulled their cars down to the nearest town.

He said that they'd had 14 inches of snow and that was before yesterday evenings snow plus whatever comes along today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Sunny Days - Snow - Warm, Dry Days, Thunderstorms

What little snow we had left yesterday, got washed away when the SW wind turned up and it started raining! although the cold did come back and give us another covering of just a few mm, so we have snow on top of ice (like many places around these parts)

Just checked the radar, and we have a bit of a shower flying through blackburn/ rochdale area on a direct collision course with us, that's assuming the pennines doesn't stop it!

Current conditions (overnight low):

Temp -3.9 (-4.1)

DP -9.5 (-11.57)

Raw Pressure 976mb Falling

Forecast Snow

So here's hoping the afternoon showers arrive and gives a little more snow :D

Posted

Very chilly good morning to you all :doh: , looks like the western side of the UK has its turn today with beefy showers pushing through the Cheshire gap :doh: , some fantastic output this morning from the models, with cold & snow never that far from our shores and a re-load looking very good, the UK-MetO is simply stunning 120

UN120-21.GIF?20-06

0600 GFS has the low further south and east at 120.

http://91.121.94.83/modeles/gfs/run/gfsnh-0-120.png?0

Whilst the ECM has it further North, it will be an interesting battleground for the big day :doh: ,

ECH1-120.GIF?20-12

It seems the cold air is getting harder to shift with each run and looking well into F.I. serious Northern blocking continues it's momentum.

http://91.121.94.83/modeles/gfs/run/gfsnh-0-216.png?0 :cold::cold: