Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & South East Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Location: Buntingford, North East Hertfordshire (120m asl) and Enfield, London (20m asl)
  • Location: Buntingford, North East Hertfordshire (120m asl) and Enfield, London (20m asl)

Enfield, North London in a prime spot for snow.

NB - Not suppose to add this attachment, but just this once as it shows how heavy the snow will be for a while.

post-2901-12612680963513_thumb.jpg

Edited by North Londoner

Posted

Just stopped........ Very intense snow which has definatly given quite a few CM's in about 30-45 mins!

Amazing.

Roads are dangerous again, along with the M1, all the main roads in St. Albans are covered and no cars can make it up our hill again....

I expect a few accidents tonight through people having a few drinks combined with the snow......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

The slightly more intense 'blob' in the front (according to the latest radar) is heading right for me!!!

Posted

No big flakes in norwich but relentness. Since last post about 20min ago, my last ciggy butt has vanished. It's like daylight outside

Posted

Strong line approaching, waiting for the show to start here. :drunk:

We've still go virtually all the snow from Friday, and its about to get majorly topped up, the sky has gone rather orange.

Any moment now, lamp post watching. :yahoo:

EDIT: Sleet started, radar suggests its all going to get a lot bigger very soon.

Edited by jshaw

Posted

i finally have light snow here, after being in the pink now on radar for 10 mins,, no rain, just snowyahoo.gif

Posted

Snowing heavily here in East Herts. looks like to the south and west, so places like Enfield would be being hit quite hard I should imagine.

Posted

Wow that precip looks awesome

We just had that in Buntingford, East Herts, heavy to very heavy snow for about 30-45 minutes. Left a few cm's!

Edited by North Londoner

Posted

The front is also developing a bit of hangback at the moment -- so as the front moves SE the leading edge moves but the hangback is still developing in the same spot....

looking godd at the moment- very good for Luton....

Steve

Wahoo for Loooottttoooonnnsssss.... Crazy Snow Fan would be pleased!

Croydon Borough Highways division has also been alerted to heavy snow on Monday

Splendid - here's hoping!

Now, should I bother staying up?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!! (With the odd gale thrown in)

OK, the ppn is now beginning to turn to snow and the temp is beginning to drop, a few minutes of fun to come I hope.

EDIT: Now beginning to get big flakes, and the latest radar is looking hefty for my lttle snow starved spot!!!

Looking good.

Edited by Sno' problem

Posted

Oh no!!!!! The snow has landed on my Sky dish for it to start to go all funny!laugh.gif Combined with Thursdays snow it's not working too well!

We had that thursday night - irritating isn't it? finally had to switch it off and go to bed!!