Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Cold Spell Discussion 3

M'Lady

Posted

If you look at the rainfall radar there is currently rain falling as far inland as Glasgow, behind this initial rain band it is mainly snow, but the further West this precip is its rain at the moment.

More showers coming inland now towards Blackpool and Southport.

Edited by Snow free zone

Posted

Carry on. :)

Temp 2.1C and Rising

Dew point 0.5% Rising

This has gone beyond marginal to possibly heavy rain in my books, can't see it cooling down with the undercutting before that band hits us. Don't be surprised if the entire region ends up warmer

Posted

Temp 2.1C and Rising

Dew point 0.5% Rising

This has gone beyond marginal to possibly heavy rain in my books, can't see it cooling down with the undercutting before that band hits us. Don't be surprised if the entire region ends up warmer

I agree with you, the temperatures are now starting to rise, i was very suprised to see snow this morning and nothing can be set in stone, but i think the majority of low areas will see heavy sleet/rain tonight, turning back to snow on the back edge and showers tomorrow of pure snow.

John

Posted

Temperatures up to 2c now with a slow thaw, we really need that cold air to undercut this mild sector as it moves in. Otherwise most of us will be seeing rain/sleet, except for higher elevations.

Posted

GFS Snow Depth up to +45 is looking good for all of the NW with 4-6cm being forecast to lower levels as far south as Macclesfield. 10cm on the high Pennines (Even higher towards the Cumbrian Fells and N.Yorks Moors.)

Posted

Temp of -0.5 here

Definitely higher elevations will see this snow.

I am hoping it starts to cool again as it gets dark

GFS at +18 (12am) is showing 100% snow chance for our region.

Edited by HotCuppa

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

3C with a dewpoint of 1C, 'very rain'

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

1.7c here... I think we should all brace ourselves for heavy rain.

Posted

Temp has actually dropped here in the last half hour, from 2.2c to 1.3c. I am happy to say i have fixed my weather station.

Latest fax charts for tomorrow suggest 2 more organised bands of showers crossing the region :):)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

I'm starting to think I won't get another ice day today, what with the warm sector heading soon, up to -1.5°C now.

Posted

The worrying thing is that we are not even under the warm sector yet, so temperatures will probably rise a bit more during the afternoon.

Karyo

Posted

We have snow, quite big flakes are now falling!

Current Temp 1.5C slight drop from 2.1C

Dewpoint: 0%

Humidity 86%

Last night we reached our lowest temp for many years at -7.4C

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

Temp here remains at -0.4 and it is pretty foggy out there now. Heres how it looks from my perspective :

2wqedc4.jpg

I should really buy a decent camera and walk up to pingot quarry ( the hill in the background on the pic) becuase the views from up there are stunning idd!

Posted

Daytime temps will soon drop-off however, and with the "snow-field" effect, this will also help cool off any residual warm sector making its way North.

EDIT-

Meto also has a Trough now behind the Occluded front passing through at 00z, which ties in agreement with the GFS bringing 10cm of Accumulation over the N.York Moors.

If the Trough can initiate any Convective avaliability this side of the Pennines then we could see yet more Precip even after the main Front has passed, or better yet if the Trough is aligned more Westerly by 30 miles would be ideal.

Edited by SNOW_JOKE

The worrying thing is that we are not even under the warm sector yet, so temperatures will probably rise a bit more during the afternoon.

Karyo

Yup,

Its gona rain at girst karyo,not sure whats causing the temps to rise so quickly.

IM going to be very bordeline and im fully expecting a major disappoitnment tonight.

I heard my first drip drip drip just then,beeb have overhyped this for sure.

Posted

Yup,

Its gona rain at girst karyo,not sure whats causing the temps to rise so quickly.

IM going to be very bordeline and im fully expecting a major disappoitnment tonight.

I wouldn't go as far as that, they did state the mild sector would be to the west. What is interesting, is how this breaking up over Scotland quickly!

Posted

Yup,

Your temps should drop off quite readily after dark.

Posted

I wouldn't go as far as that, they did state the mild sector would be to the west. What is interesting, is how this breaking up over Scotland quickly!

The interesting thing is the amount of showers packing into north west scotland..still hope yet.