Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

New Server Now Online

Paul

Posted

Morning, I'm knackered!!

Update though - last night (after most of you had logged off for the night!) we closed the forum for 45 minutes and run a complete re-install/update as well as tweaking some of the settings on the server. We're pretty hopeful it will stabilise things now, but obviously we'll be keeping a close eye on it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Just want to say thanks for all the hard work Paul and the team! to me some people are coming across a we bit ungrateful, these things happen and personally I don't begrudge a little bit of downtime, it's going to be back up and running eventually! I think some people need a break from the computer anyway :D

Edited by James M

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Morning, I'm knackered!!

Update though - last night (after most of you had logged off for the night!) we closed the forum for 45 minutes and run a complete re-install/update as well as tweaking some of the settings on the server. We're pretty hopeful it will stabilise things now, but obviously we'll be keeping a close eye on it.

Type in modern .....era. and you get .. christmas pudding anyone else gets that ?.

There is your bug

Edited by stewfox

Posted

Morning, I'm knackered!!

when you first started Paul did someone tell you how easy it would be to run a web site full of weather idiots?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Type in modern .....era. and you get .. christmas pudding anyone else gets that ?.

There is your bug

Yeah that's the swear filter.

Posted

Yeah that's the swear filter.

Seriously have you tried typing modern...era no dots of course it says when you have posted it christmas pudding ???

Maybe just a problem I have ????? unsure.gif if not a free full year subscription to discovering 'the bug' me thinks whistling.gif

Edited by stewfox

Posted

Thanks Paul/Karl and anyone else who is involved keeping the forum online and running freely during this busy time. :cold:

Seriously have you tried typing modern...era no dots of course it says when you have posted it christmas pudding ???

Maybe just a problem I have ????? unsure.gif if not a free full year subscription to discovering 'the bug' me thinks whistling.gif

yeh they changed it about 2 weeks ago and most people know about it

Posted

yeh they changed it about 2 weeks ago and most people know about it

Your tone fits your picture

I was only trying to help

I guess however less then 4% on here 'know about it' and 0.00000001% of the world wide web 'know about it'

Given I havent been able to PM for 6 weeks I assume everyone 'knows about that', as well ?