Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

reef

Posted

Woke up to an un-impressive 5cm, i know most of you in South/East Yorkshire would love that. But i was really expecting the showers to last throughout the night, but after about 11pm that was it. The showers were further north.

Currently: Light to moderate snow

Temp: -2.4c

Saturday should bring 10cm+ widely to many areas, so something to look forward to.

Edit: Heavy snow now.

I'm not convinced of that tbh. Had weather forecast on but all they are saying is that it's going to be cold and sunny on Saturday and Sunday unfortunately.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn days and foggy nights

Yeah ive just noticed that forecast :clap: There is a nice dusting here with all the pavements and rooftops white.

Better than I've got - it's entirely snow-free here - this has been the most frustrating 'event' I can remember. Even the rainfall radar, which put us under ppn earlier this morning was wrong. It's cold, but it's bone dry here in Louth.

Posted

I'm not convinced of that tbh. Had weather forecast on but all they are saying is that it's going to be cold and sunny on Saturday and Sunday unfortunately.

The GFS has been showing ppn moving south during saturday afternoon/evening for days now, but i don't think it will amount to much.

Posted

Latest beeb forecast shows a band of snow moving south across Yorkshire on Saturday night.

Still snowing heavy.

Edit- Pouring down with snow here drinks.gif

Edit- Main roads now covered! yahoo.gif

Edited by 10123

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frost, thunderstorms and sunny summer days.

Better than I've got - it's entirely snow-free here - this has been the most frustrating 'event' I can remember. Even the rainfall radar, which put us under ppn earlier this morning was wrong. It's cold, but it's bone dry here in Louth.

yes very dissapointing to see the east lindsey/ne lincs snow shield working it's stuff at the mo. i think we've done very badly for a couple of winters now.

Posted

post-1104-12611298715887_thumb.jpgpost-1104-12611298917348_thumb.jpgpost-1104-12611299060137_thumb.jpg

i cant really say it was a no snow event but obviously was expecting more here! last feb easterly had so much better convection!

im optomisitic over the next 3 days as sat night could easily dump 7cm here and also next week could have suprises! so im not letting it get me down today :unsure:

Posted

Dont really know whats going on, the showers must be forming over me as still heavy snow, the radar hasn't really shown much. Snow depths building up really fast, all roads are covered with fresh 3-4cm of snow, seen as this is a main road with grit on I'm quite pleased with that.

Edit- Snows getting even heavier!

Edit- Temps on the rise, now the dizzy height of -2.1c

Edited by 10123

Posted

Fantastic morning :unsure:(as the other thread closed will post here)

post-5508-12611304231164_thumb.jpg

post-5508-12611304363614_thumb.jpg

post-5508-12611304511703_thumb.jpg

Ended up with about three inches but varies quite allot due to drifting. About Six Inches on parts for our lawn. Got down to -5.4 °C currently -1.9

Posted

hate you all from york northwards haha im only joking :drinks:, my spirits are still high with these charts :unsure:

Rmgfs393.gif

Rmgfs423.gif

Posted

Am really shocked, complete blizzard here. Anyone kind enough on NW radar say what the situation is.

Posted

I' in pontefract.. just south of leeds.. we got about an inch over night and had 2 light flurries this morning.. but the band of precip just keeps floating over york.. leeds.. hudersfield.. they keep saying the winds are gunna head south?? anybody have any faith in that?? would like to put a time on it?? am still hopefull for a top up of snow to make Mad Friday pub run a bit more entertainin.. :(