Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire, Lincolnshire And The Pennines Cold Spell Discussion

reef

Posted

A new thread as the other one was getting large.

Just had a light graupel shower, but our region looks to be in a bit of a gap between the potent showers to the North and those to the south.

Posted

View Postsufc, on 17 December 2009 - 12:07 , said:

Yep, i watched it about 10 mins ago and it looked very good :drinks:

i havnt seen it, what did it show :)? just at my gfs student house in headingly and can see snow on top of the otley hills!!!! gunna take a drive to them later and will have photos :)

View Postwillkani, on 17 December 2009 - 12:13 , said:

nice big cloud about to come over from the east temp 2.8 dewpoint -2.4 mmmmm maybe some snow comin

hey im from NE doncaster with being near to the a1! we should do ok tonight, what you think? :)

Posted

hey im from NE doncaster with being near to the a1! we should do ok tonight, what you think? :)

i hope we do :drinks:

Posted

The forecast for later this evening showed lots more white blobs over yorks/lincs :drinks: Although from now on it's just a case of watching the radar and hoping for the best :)

Heaviest snow shower so far here currently.

Edited by sufc

Posted

Temperature dropping here again, currently 1.8C, we just need the heavy showers further south. All showers have been of snow so far, so the only issue is the amount precipitation. North East parts of the Dales and county Durham seem to be getting most of the convention.

Posted

The forecast for later this evening showed lots more white blobs over yorks/lincs :drinks: Although from now on it's just a case of watching the radar and hoping for the best :)

I think it looks more potential than last febs easterly with the shower activity picking up more!!!

Posted

Snow showers due to pick up from 6pm and temps widely at or below freezing so looking good for a covering at least.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter synoptics.Hot summers.

Isee the MET O have updated their warnings to include west yorkshire for friday now

Posted

Hardly a cloud in the sky here - temps are hovering around 1c.

Also, the wind has noticeably increased.

The temp is still around 4c here :lol: Im feeling much more confident about our chances for tonight mate.

Posted

Just spoke to a friend who works for hull/east riding council on the gritters.

He told me that the metoffice are constantly giving them information, and since last night they are unsure regarding the area's that will see the heaviest snow tonight. They will be putting extra grit on the road tonight, and was told around 10-11pm it could get very severe indeed.

So looking good :lol:

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Temperature has risen to 2C now that the sun has come out, however the dew point has dropped to -1C, had a few light snow flurries all morning but sunny skies for the most part now, looks like a good bunch of showers is about to hit Newcastle and Durham, possibly north Yorkshire however its looking pretty dry here until nightfall.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather - any kind!

Temperature has risen to 2C now that the sun has come out, however the dew point has dropped to -1C, had a few light snow flurries all morning but sunny skies for the most part now, looks like a good bunch of showers is about to hit Newcastle and Durham, possibly north Yorkshire however its looking pretty dry here until nightfall.

Yes, as long as tonight's snowfall actaully materialises, which I definitely hope it will! Temperature here is 3.5c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow, lots of hot sun

Well so far today I'd say the Dales has had the heaviest most prolonged snow, a shame no-one's posting from that area as I'd be intrigued to know what it's like around Malham and up towards Hawes at the moment

Posted

The temp has now dropped to 3c.Not many clouds around at presant. Hopefully the radar will look good in a few hours after the temps have dropped a little more.

Posted

Yes, as long as tonight's snowfall actaully materialises, which I definitely hope it will! Temperature here is 3.5c.

http://www.meteox.com

The radar on this website clearly shows tonights feature, it is gradually moving west towards Britain and in theory, anywhere south of Newcastle should see some more prolonged snow, we should also see shower activity pick up regardless as the feature moves west, which is why East Anglia is seeing so much at the moment.

Also, air temperature is still 2C, however the dewpoint has now dropped to -4C, and the ground is rapidly drying up, once activity in our region picks up again i would say we have an excelent chance of setling snow.

Also, Dishforth and Linton have dew points of -6C!

Posted

Looks like it's going to be an very interesting afternoon and evening for you lot with alot of snow showers now starting to appear on the radar, so enjoy whilst you spare a little though of us further North who are currently having infrequent showers and for them to die away whilst we go into this evening(if the forecasts proves to be accurate).

Looks like its another example of the UKMO underestimating PPN amounts, GFS has done slightly better it would seem.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter synoptics.Hot summers.
<br />Well so far today I'd say the Dales has had the heaviest most prolonged snow, a shame no-one's posting from that area as I'd be i ntrigued to know what it's like around Malham and up towards Hawes at the moment<br />
<br /><br /><br /> .Hello pennine my brother lives in Malham i will give him a bell