Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West England Cold Spell Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Lets face it the whole senario has has turned out pretty crap as usual and now you are all talking about flurries,wowwhistling.gif

Hi all, i don't usually post just read with great interest, but thought you'd like to know, its trying hard to snow in Brislington, Bristol, had a few flakes so far, hopefully it will pick up :clap:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

No snow here, but it did get down to -4.3C last night, its currently -2.9C with a windchill a whopping -11.3C.

Clouds do seem to be building, and with the DP well down at -6C at least the ground is well dried and chilled!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

couple of flakes on my way to work in brizzle but nothing now.

Big line of showers heading in our direction but they just fizzle over midlands and die before west country. wallbash.gifwacko.gif

Cold even in brizzle today. -o.5c

At home it is -2.8c

Roll on sunday night........... good.gif

Posted

Roll on sunday night........... good.gif

But this is the point, isn't it? It's always a day or so away, and when we get there, it doesn't happen. :(

Posted

What a JOKE! - Im extremely dissapointed to wake up to clearskies and bone dry ground! - I have lost all hope in a any snow what so ever this side of winter until febuary time. Cant beleive that. What is going on with all the forecasts!! all saying snow for us or sleet at least, for every day this week but we've not seen a dicky bird! - Lesson learnt, not to take a blind bit of notice when i see snow forecast for east dorset :).

Clear skies here now. Wheres all this snow or snow showers both online and TV forecasts say we are suposed to get for most of the day today when its clear skies and no precip anywhere near us on the radar!

Ive had enough of all that "tomorrow" business now - It never happens "Tomorrow" lol.

Forecasting has really gone downhill since last winter especially on the TV

Thats my rant over with! :(:(:nonono:

:D

The forecasts on the BBC and Met Office website were spot on, and it snowed pretty much exactly where predicted. I don't know what forecasts you were looking at but nobody has been predicting sleet / snow all this week. In fact somebody was moaning a few days ago that Richard Angwin wasn't mentioning snow when in their opinion a national emergency should be declared - turned out he was right ! Don't confuse forecasting with hopecasting !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Just seen some of the pictures on the news of the snow and it doesn't look all that much, certainly not compared to Feb down here... and yet you'd think there was 10 feet of the stuff the way they are going on about it.

:(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

But this is the point, isn't it? It's always a day or so away, and when we get there, it doesn't happen. sad.gif

very true but without hope what would be the point..... lazy.gifhelp.gif

we cannot miss every snow event!?

My concern for sat/sunday/monday is the meto seems to be convinced we will get rain or sleet at most? any ideas on this?