Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Se Of Spain Under Snow (Valencia, Alicante Etc)

Posted

This Autumn was a very warmest season (record of Dry and Warmest temperatures)

But the past Monday was a hard snowfall in the SE. Today, the Snow is falling in Madrid and other importants cities in the center of Spain.

Albacete (Important city in the cold Steppes of SE. 686meters):

25033146.jpg

73857353.jpg

17323479.jpg

68905895.jpg

31342557.jpg

Minimun temperatura in Tuesday: -11º

26809625.jpg

chuzo4.jpg

30809962.jpg

Sunset nearly to the City

333v.jpg

Hills nearly to beach (Valencia)

des09090.jpg

Alcoy (nearly to the beaches):

pc150118.jpg

pc150121.jpg

pc150166.jpg

Madrid (680meters)

img0945z.jpg

sl272843.jpg

sl272849.jpg

In others importants cities like Cuenca (35cm) or Toledo (15cm) In Monday has got a heavy snofalls

Next Snowfalls in Saturday and Sunday.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

This Autumn was a very warmest season (record of Dry and Warmest temperatures)

But the past Monday was a hard snowfall in the SE. Today, the Snow is falling in Madrid and other importants cities in the center of Spain.

Albacete (Important city in the cold Steppes of SE. 686meters):

Minimun temperatura in Tuesday: -11º

Madrid (680meters)

In others importants cities like Cuenca (35cm) or Toledo (15cm) In Monday has got a heavy snofalls

Next Snowfalls in Saturday and Sunday.

Is this common e.g for Madrid in December or are you part of the even larger teapot set up ?

Posted

Is this common e.g for Madrid in December or are you part of the even larger teapot set up ?

Madrid is a high city (600-750 meters)and nearly big mountains with more than 2000 meters.

It is not uncommon, Madrid has usually one snow day in December (in the center, but in the suburbians is different they have a two or three snow days).

All years the snow has visited Madrid.

In the modern winters Madrid have a bad winters...ancients winters were very cold and a lot of snow days.

The bigest snowfalls are typicals in January or February.

But Madrid isn´t typical for Snow..the typical in winter are the frosts.

Record in Madrid: 150cm (November of 1904)

Years with more than 10cm in 00´s years (in Madrid city):

2001, 2005, 2006, 2009

Thanks a lot for the replies.

And sorry for my English.

Edited by MeteoMadrid

Posted

Thanks for the lovely photos, is the snow also in the centre of Madrid? I only ask as my Spanish niece is living there at the moment and having lived up until now near Benidorm hasn't seen much snow, so she will be delighted!:rolleyes:

Posted

Great pics, haven't seen icicles like that for a while! When it does snow in inland Spain at say 500m, can it last for days given the right setup or does it tend to melt within a few hours because the sun is stronger than in northern Europe, regardless of temperatures (like in UK in March/April?).

You mention Madrid, Valencia, Alicante; do inland far-southern cities like Granada and Cordoba ever see lying snow?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Nice photos thanks for sharing.

Posted

Thanks for the lovely photos, is the snow also in the centre of Madrid? I only ask as my Spanish niece is living there at the moment and having lived up until now near Benidorm hasn't seen much snow, so she will be delighted!:D

In Benidorm is so difficult. Only one o two for twenty years. Benidorm is so warm and dry.

Thank you for the reply

Great pics, haven't seen icicles like that for a while! When it does snow in inland Spain at say 500m, can it last for days given the right setup or does it tend to melt within a few hours because the sun is stronger than in northern Europe, regardless of temperatures (like in UK in March/April?).

You mention Madrid, Valencia, Alicante; do inland far-southern cities like Granada and Cordoba ever see lying snow?

Maybe, sometimes the icicles are all day. In the cities of Spanish Center-North, many days in Winter they have a icicles and frozenfog. (today in my city the maximun temperature: -0,8º)

The Typical day in my zone is (nearly Madrid): At night under 0 grades, and the day over 6 or 8 grades with "Sun" (winter sun) and frosts in the shadows all day (Also is typical in Cold Invasions days under 0º).

In Cordoba (100 meters) the last Snowday was in January of 2007. In Granada (650 meters) had a little Snowfall in Monday.

Importants Cities like Ávila, Segovia, Burgos, Soria, Palencia, León, Cuenca, Vitoria, Pamplona and others zones about 700/1000 meters in the center and north of Spain they have an importants Snowfalls all years.

Madrid, Salamanca, Lugo, Logroño, Albacete, Huesca, Zamora, Valladolid and other zones about 500/700 meters (maybe the 50 or 60 porcent of Spain); They have a snowfalls all years but they aren´t a big snowfalls (sometimes yes, but usually no more than 10cm)

In the mountains all years have a very heavy snowfalls, but in the sea level in Spain is very difficult to see Snow (but no impossible).

thanks for reply. And sorry for my English.

See you later!

Into the white line, important Snowfalls all years.

post-4050-12609949362018_thumb.jpg post-4050-12609949927388_thumb.jpg

Edited by MeteoMadrid

Posted

Brilliant set of pics.

We used to visit Torrevieja, alicante twice a year for many years to visit my wife's mum when she was alive. I think they had snow one year in early Feb. I presume that part of Alicante hasn't been affected. Med sea still too warm i guess.