Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

December Snow Reports

Rob

Posted

Have had snow/hail showers on and off through the day,some quite heavy.

Have a light covering now which has turned very icy.

We had a brief but moderate snow shower here at about 4pm which has left a good dusting. Pretty impressive since I live 55 miles west of Edinburgh and this was off an easterly :whistling: It was just a rogue shower which made it all the way over here!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Yes, as Jan says above, it's snowing in North Liverpool... which is nice.

Really?

I've had nothing and im east of liverpool!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

1.5cm of lying snow here after several short moderate snow showers during the day.

Posted
  • Location: Head in the clouds somewhere near Avondale, West Auckland
  • Weather Preferences: Storm-force northeasterly(with a high tide!).Blizzards.Sunny summer
  • Location: Head in the clouds somewhere near Avondale, West Auckland

Heavy hail/sleet shower here just north of Dublin city at about 6.30/7, left the ground and cars covered in hail for a little while, mostly melted now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Just had a snow shower. Left a dusting.

Minus 0.2c currently.

Posted

4 inches + under the main snow band roads are no go, nearly blocked, very windy - drifitng. Had 4 inches within 2 hours. Never seen anything like it?!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot summers, cold winters, snow, some severe weather to liven things up...

Nice bit of snow outside.

Damn I'm goin out tomorrow!!! :diablo:

Still, I'll enjoy it - hopefully it'll last til Christmas!!!

Posted

4 inches + under the main snow band roads are no go, nearly blocked, very windy - drifitng. Had 4 inches within 2 hours. Never seen anything like it?!

Where abouts are you?

It's frustrating, just north of the snow band (I'm in peterborough) www.raintoday.co.uk

Posted

Where abouts are you?

It's frustrating, just north of the snow band (I'm in peterborough) www.raintoday.co.uk

Fairly heavy snow falling between Leeds and Bradford, has been for last five minutes.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy weather in winter. Dry and warm in summer.

Snowed on and off all day here in Gateshead. About 1-2cm of coverage. My Grandma lives near Newton Aycliffe in Co.Durham and she reports more down there around 1 inch I think she said.

Posted

Seem to be located under a long street of showers here in Upper Stratosdale. Near blizzard conditions at times, and like a giant christmas snowstorm through the window. Needed all the traction control the car could muster to get home at 21h, and then only just managed it. Suspect there will be some marked local variation in depths hereabouts in the morning. Wind has scoured the yard clear of snow, but it's piled up to 6" plus on the far side. Suspect level depth at the moment will be around 4-5cm.

Posted

Currently around 5cm in Eastbourne and building quickly, reports of up to 20 cm further into the North of Sussex

Posted

Seem to be located under a long street of showers here in Upper Stratosdale. Near blizzard conditions at times, and like a giant christmas snowstorm through the window. Needed all the traction control the car could muster to get home at 21h, and then only just managed it. Suspect there will be some marked local variation in depths hereabouts in the morning. Wind has scoured the yard clear of snow, but it's piled up to 6" plus on the far side. Suspect level depth at the moment will be around 4-5cm.

Definitely caught in a remarkably persistent convergence zone here. Drifts outside up to around 40cm, but level snow slightly less than I estimated last night, probably 3-4cm.

Can't remember an accumulation from showers (without any frontal influence) like this for years.

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

We have 6 inches of snow in Brighton after periods of persistent snow overnight. The most remarkable fall was in blizzard like conditions between 11pm and midnight last night when over 2 inches fell.

Posted
  • Location: Brighton (About 1 mile from the sea and at 89m above sea level)
  • Location: Brighton (About 1 mile from the sea and at 89m above sea level)

We have 6 inches of snow in Brighton after periods of persistent snow overnight. The most remarkable fall was in blizzard like conditions between 11pm and midnight last night when over 2 inches fell.

I concur with that. Just measured 17cm level snow in back garden. Between 11pm and midnight last night it was A-maze-ing !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

17th December Norwich: Snow and graupel showers during the morning, but only the graupel settled on the ground.

17th December Cleadon: Much the same, but as the evening wore on, some of the snow started to temporarily settle as well.

18th December Cleadon: 2cm covering of mixed snow/hail/graupel. Two of the showers at 1-2am were very dramatic, one of them had heavy blowing snow and almost whiteout conditions, while the second had large hail- this hail can be picked out from the general covering on the ground and measures about 7mm diameter. However, due to the warming effects of the sea temperatures generally rose to about 1.5C in between showers which restricted the overall extent of accumulation.

Posted

You don't half go around the houses to say "2cm snow cover in Cleadon" :drinks:

3cm here.

PS Can you view member profiles, I'm getting an eror message?

Edited by paul tall

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Each season has its own merits but, since you press me, heavy snow

Moderate to Heavy snow fall @ 10.15

Glen - heading to Ely around 3pm from Cambridge. Are you anywhere near and, if so, how are the roads?

Posted

12cm of level snow in Rushden when I left the house at 9am... only about 5cm in Bedford at work, a lot of which has thawed! Snowing hard again in Rushden according to my wife, just a few flakes in the wind in Bedford currently.