Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Will It Snow Thread?

Lewis

Posted

Princetown Dartmoor? 1430ft asl but I am worried that the snow won't travel this far west.

Maybe I should ask santa for a channel low! :D

Jase

Edited by rowieboyz

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Everywhere in the UK has exactly a 50% chance of snow.....ie either it will, or it wont.....easy, no GFS/ECM/METO charts needed to work that one out!....

Sorry :D:) I'll fetch my coat

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Work... Cold but clear. Fun.. 12" of snow!

Cant we just keep this in the cold spell discussion thread? Don't want to confuse matters.

Seems to be working pretty well and may get a few others debating instead of holding back !ph34r.gif

Posted

what about wouth west wales?

Temps, dew points, upper 850's wont be the problem, precipitation may be. It all depends how far the showers penetrate inland.

I can give a rough guidance on the areas that will see showers from this type of setup, as i'm rather experienced with this type of setups living on the E coast.

One thing i cannot be certain about is organised bands of precipitation in the form of "troughs" which would no doubt be able to penetrate further inland, depending on it's movement.

what are the chances of snow in cambridge / stansted airport area

Extremely good.

Lewis

Everywhere in the UK has exactly a 50% chance of snow.....ie either it will, or it wont.....easy, no GFS/ECM/METO charts needed to work that one out!....

Sorry :winky: :doh: I'll fetch my coat

It's only 50/50 if no one want's to call it.

I'll stick my neck out, and clearly if no charts are needed to predict 50/50, may i ask what the hell your looking at lol!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Runcorn? (Cheshire) northwest england near liverpool!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

It's only 50/50 if no one want's to call it.

I'll stick my neck out, and clearly if no charts are needed to predict 50/50, may i ask what the hell your looking at lol!

I'm looking at the toss of a coin, old bean, the toss of a coin...heads it snows, tails it doesnt....50/50...no charts needed .....lol

btw, is your pm box full, sent you a pm a couple of days ago, but it says you cant recieve them :winky:

Anyhoos, back on topic, I'd say 70% for snow in Stafford, especially towards the back end of the week

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Any joy for Hexham Lewis?

A potent easterly usually delivers for this area, Hexham is obviously further inland than where I am but usually the snow showers reach there. If Newcastle gets 10cm I'd expect Hexham to get 5 or 6cm, its that sort of a ratio.

The question is, will there be enough precipitation up here or will it be SE focused? With events like this we may not know until the day before - last February isolated snow showers were forecasted for anywhere away from the NE England and around the Thames, in actual fact whilst these areas saw the most many other areas also got heavy snow showers and a fair covering.

Edited by alza

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Slight chance you may catch something. GFS says no, ECM your best bet.

lewis

High chance i may catch something.......a blooming cold thats what i will catchdry.gifdry.gif

Sorry way of topic

C.S

Posted

Not sure why people are asking whether it will snow at a particular location, that really is a tough one to call at this stage but generally, if you live anywhere in the north east of England, north east Midlands, EA or towards the south east, your chances of snow are quite high given the latest output. Further south and west the snow risk decreases simply because the airflow is not strong and precip will struggle to make its way inland, but nevertheless, I would expect the northern and western parts of the Midlands to also get snow. Whether it is good snow will depend on the exact airflow that will sweep over the country and other location factors such as elevation.

There really is no need to answer every 'will it snow?' question, eastern regions are most at risk from significant snowfall through Thursday and Friday.

You seem to be missing the point of the the thread! ................... WILL IT SNOW??ph34r.gif

AND whilst i`m ranting, snow does not STICK, it settles......................yahoo.gif

Posted

If i was you folks living in the midlands, E, NE, SE i would go put a deposit down on a new sledge tease.gif

18z looks fantastic

u reckon coventry will get any snow?..if so when?

Posted

If i was you folks living in the midlands, E, NE, SE i would go put a deposit down on a new sledge :(

18z looks fantastic

Just been playing fifa10, then switch back to the forum and see posts like the above....thats what we want to see :(

Time to lurk on the model thread and check out those charts :lol:

Posted

Just been playing fifa10, then switch back to the forum and see posts like the above....thats what we want to see good.gif

Time to lurk on the model thread and check out those charts biggrin.gif

Don`t sacrifice yourself for mere weather!ph34r.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW!

Pah! I hate the 18z map - although I love you for posting them.

Stay confident folks - the synoptics are great and the snow chance will change by the hour pretty much. Every snow event I've known over the last few years has been down to last minute radar watching.

P.S. the netweather radar is rather ace and for a couple of quid, it's worth it for a month of constant snow watch :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Will it snow in Aspen, Colorado?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wintry and stormy weather

Will it snow in Aspen, Colorado?

no...

If i was you folks living in the midlands, E, NE, SE i would go put a deposit down on a new sledge :(

18z looks fantastic

Why all the gloom then? i thought everyone thinks it's crap? :clap:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Cant wait to see how it all pans out!!!

Though, it's one thing living in the SE and enjoying the snow - however, it always causes total CHAOS!!!

Look forward to hearing accusations this year of people being ill prepared etc etc blah blah blah!! Can we beat my personal UK record of 1ft 2ins measured in Feb this year......who knows!! HAHA! Bring it on!!

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Chart updated based on the 18z GFS

snowrisk.jpg

Your relations have improved with Storm Force Lewis , would you accept a peace treaty for 24hrs

:clap::(