Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Snow Reports

Louby

Posted

Please post your snow reports for the end of November here :unsure:

and just to start it off, Just got a call of my dad in Whitchurch in Shropshire, and they have just had a very light, short flurry of snow about 10 minutes ago.

Posted

well L that sets the tone for light sleet flurries from Telford, Carlisle etc!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

There was a good dusting, nay, more a basting, of snow on Ben Wyvis today. It was probably there yesterday too but invisible from afar due to foul low cloud.

I should add that the snow was down to maybe 800m but I doubt whether it was freezing (and sticking) much below 1000m. The sky cleared a bit in the afternoon and the temp dropped then. I guess winter has started.

Edited by Hairy Celt

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Snow in Highland Perthshire this morning now down to just above the tree line. Higher areas looking quite thick white now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe t/ storms, rain, snow, wind!

Just driven back from Yeovil to Sherborne in torrential rain which turned quite wintry....hope it was okay to post this here...heres hoping for more wintry weather over the coming days!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Aye, there's plenty snow on the Ben, today...About 1000 telfords, I should think... :wallbash:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Sleet falling here. Having taken the trouble to go outside with a torch and examine the car windscreen I can confidently report that, at the moment, it's 80% rain and 20% snow.

White over with snow above 450m near Flash and at the Cat and Fiddle.

Edited by Terminal Moraine

Posted

First snow pics for this year (out of the upstairs bedroom window):

post-2239-12593962699318_thumb.jpg

post-2239-125939631792_thumb.jpg

post-2239-12593963564542_thumb.jpg

What more can i say other than lovely, fantastic, breath-taking :blush:

thanks for making my morning much better.

Keep em coming

Posted

Yipee, 1st snow of the season falling here. Started off as heavy rain though, now snowing moderately, ground turned white. Temp is 1.3oC. Nice pics people ;o) Do we win prize for 1st snow in populated regions now? hehe

Edited by Storm Animal

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Thunderstorms

Sleet falling here. Having taken the trouble to go outside with a torch and examine the car windscreen I can confidently report that, at the moment, it's 80% rain and 20% snow.

White over with snow above 450m near Flash and at the Cat and Fiddle.

There is actually a decent covering in Buxton town Centre as well i went up to the Cat & Fiddle got back about half an hour a go there is a good covering of snow there as there is in Dove Holes the top of Winnats pass & mam Tor is covered too Castleton even has some slush in the valley which i was suprised at,especially considering at the otherside of the Valley up at Fox house the snow was restricted to the very top of tyhe hill it was snowing also at the Moorlands at Owler Bar but it wasn't sticking.

Posted

There is actually a decent covering in Buxton town Centre as well i went up to the Cat & Fiddle got back about half an hour a go there is a good covering of snow there as there is in Dove Holes the top of Winnats pass & mam Tor is covered too Castleton even has some slush in the valley which i was suprised at,especially considering at the otherside of the Valley up at Fox house the snow was restricted to the very top of tyhe hill it was snowing also at the Moorlands at Owler Bar but it wasn't sticking.

Thanks for that. I was looking to the north this morning to see if Eyam Edge was snow covered but visibility was too poor. I'm actually higher than Buxton town centre but no snow at all here, just shows the advantage of being 20 miles further north into the Peak.

Posted

The mountains to my north are plastered in the white stuff this morning from about 450m upto the 800m peak.

Does anybody know how long this will last?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow, lots of hot sun

Virtually stopped here (just a few small flakes in the air now). Looking at the top of the bird table the depth is 2 cms - not too bad considering how marginal the setup appeared to be beforehand.

Posted

Thanks for that. I was looking to the north this morning to see if Eyam Edge was snow covered but visibility was too poor. I'm actually higher than Buxton town centre but no snow at all here, just shows the advantage of being 20 miles further north into the Peak.

It was Raining at Ashford in the water then when i started getting higher on the A6 it started to turn to sleet then Snow i think i was near a place called priestcliffe at the top of the Hill when i first saw it turn to Snow and first saw a covering of Snow this morning.

Im not sure what's going off but there are places higher than Buxton that Haven't got snow & haven't got anywhere near as much snow near sheffield as Buxton has.

Edited by Derbyshire_snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Northeasterly Blizzard and sub zero temperatures.

Just searching for snow on the Cheshire Peak.Cat and Fiddle web cam looking towards Macclesfild. Updates every minute.

C

post-3489-12594033210182_thumb.jpg

Posted

It was Raining at Ashford in the water then when i started getting higher on the A6 it started to turn to sleet then Snow i think i was near a place called priestcliffe at the top of the Hill when i first saw it turn to Snow and first saw a covering of Snow this morning.

Im not sure what's going off but there are places higher than Buxton that Haven't got snow & haven't got anywhere near as much snow near sheffield as Buxton has.

I know Priestcliffe well. The village is about 350m a.s.l so not much higher than where I am. I suspect that as the precipitation moved north we were just far enough south to feel the effects of the warmer air entrained into the system wheras a few miles to the north it was a degree or so colder and the downfall was all snow rather than sleet.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lots of snow, lots of hot sun

I know Priestcliffe well. The village is about 350m a.s.l so not much higher than where I am. I suspect that as the precipitation moved north we were just far enough south to feel the effects of the warmer air entrained into the system wheras a few miles to the north it was a degree or so colder and the downfall was all snow rather than sleet.

I think you're absolutely right TM, it looks like the area which saw snow was fairly small, restricted to the northern Peak District and southern Pennines, above about 250-300m. Still a covering on grass and roofs here, but thawing fast now, temperature up to 2.2C.

Posted

I have posted the pictures that i took earlier at the Cat & Fiddle Winnats Pass Castleton & Fox House in the cold weather discussion if you want to have a look. :lol: