Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

November CET

damianslaw

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Damn, I keep forgetting about this until it's too late! I say 7.3C as I think frequent warm westerly types will be offset by a spell of colder, drier weather in the third week due to continental air.

Posted

Hadley CET to 4th November 2009 - 10.8C (+1.8C)

The effects of the very mild first day will take a while to average out - average been the key work for now.

Posted

Any updates??? I expect it to be somewhere around the 9.5 degree mark from its very high starting point, but I suspect Scotland already is close to average thanks to recent cold nights.

We need some clearer nights in the south to help pull the CET down closer to average, perhaps the next couple of nights will help to do this.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Couple of cold nights to come then mild weather returns so warming back up again.

Posted

Hadley down to 8.9 to the 8th

There is a reasonable chance that today and tomorrow will both be around the 6C-6.5C mark, giving us 8.4C at the one third point of the month. The 2nd third of the month doesn't look cold but not especially mild either, so movement after the 10th may slow down somewhat.

Posted

Hadley down to 8.9 to the 8th

There is a reasonable chance that today and tomorrow will both be around the 6C-6.5C mark, giving us 8.4C at the one third point of the month. The 2nd third of the month doesn't look cold but not especially mild either, so movement after the 10th may slow down somewhat.

[/quote

November is normally a month of significant cooling, by the last week the potential for very low CET values can occur.. so even if the middle third is a little above average, there is still every chance that we could record a below average November, this cooler spell is certainly helping the cause. I expect CET values for today, tomorrow and wednesday to be colder than expected.

Posted

Quite a big drop on Hadley to 8.5C

Yesterday came in at 5.4C (the coldest day since 29th March)

Today will probably be a similar reading, so 8.2 or 8.3 likely by tomorrow.

Below average still possible but with a milder interlude for 2-3 days likely later this week, it probably would require a cold spell in the final third to achieve this.

Posted

Hadley at 8.1C to the 11th

Not difficult to see a similar figure prevailing through the next 7-10 days. The odd day probably will rise and the is a chance the odd day will fall. I'd be suprised if the it was outside of the range of 8-8.5 in this period.

As for month end, the statistical call is for it to drop at least a bit from here, but that doesn't always follow as October proved.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and heatwave

Hadley at 8.1C to the 11th

Not difficult to see a similar figure prevailing through the next 7-10 days. The odd day probably will rise and the is a chance the odd day will fall. I'd be suprised if the it was outside of the range of 8-8.5 in this period.

As for month end, the statistical call is for it to drop at least a bit from here, but that doesn't always follow as October proved.

???

We have mild mild mild with day times at 13-15c (maybe the on 16c even in the CET zone) and nights around 8-10c

The Nov CET is only going to rise now and even in F1 there is no real sign of even 'average' november weather

Unless something does change post 19/20th outside reliable time frame we could be seeing one of the warmest Novembers on record