Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The watcher

Snooker/billiards/pool

Any Hustlers in the forum?

I play amatuer snooker and semi-pro american pool.

I also enjoy a nice game of billiards, must make me look like a 60+ year old man lol.

my username gives the game away...lol.....Yep, not active now, but in my youth I played a lot of 8 ball & 9 ball....I played county 8 ball for 3 years, and used to run 2 pool leagues in Wiltshire back in the 90's...Spent 3 years stateside, and used to get the greatest pleasure in kicking american butts at their own game...lol

my username gives the game away...lol.....Yep, not active now, but in my youth I played a lot of 8 ball & 9 ball....I played county 8 ball for 3 years, and used to run 2 pool leagues in Wiltshire back in the 90's...Spent 3 years stateside, and used to get the greatest pleasure in kicking american butts at their own game...lol

Very good. I've played semi-pro pool for a good 10 years now, used to play snooker alot when younger but never had the time or natural talent to persue it, I was alongside the "Mark Allen" era of snooker players, have played him a couple of times too. Now I play American 8 ball, 9 Ball, 10 ball, 14.1 (straight pool), rotation, cowboy, 6 ball, etc. I hustle alot around my town but never get much action. Would love to go Stateside and clean them out. My coach/teacher/best friend is a Pro at american pool....he's played in the World Championship qualifiers, European Championships and plays in the Irish Tour and sometimes the BPPPA tour in England. I've played in the Ireland team against Scotland, won a couple of Tournaments to qualify into bigger tournaments, was ranked 15th in All Ireland, but never had the money or time to really focus on it, but the ability is there, the eye of the hawk that can see all angles and manipulate the angles too, ye olde masse shot. :lol:

I used to be a pretty good player at pool, but not as good as you judging by the Comments, however I think I could play to a good standard, if I were to start practising again.

Very good. I've played semi-pro pool for a good 10 years now, used to play snooker alot when younger but never had the time or natural talent to persue it, I was alongside the "Mark Allen" era of snooker players, have played him a couple of times too.

That's quite an achievement considering how far he has gone in the snooker world.

On my part I'm decent at pool (well, good club standard anyway) but I'm pretty bad at snooker, mainly because the tables are larger and the pockets are smaller. I did have my own cue at one stage (which had Ronnie O'Sullivan's signature on it) but it didn't help my standard a great deal. I would play either snooker or pool (or both) more often if I got more chances, but most of my chances these days consist of the odd game at the pub.

Snooker in my experience suffers from a reputation for being "boring", particularly among the younger generation (the older generations were old enough to enjoy the 1985 world snooker final).

That's quite an achievement considering how far he has gone in the snooker world.

On my part I'm decent at pool (well, good club standard anyway) but I'm pretty bad at snooker, mainly because the tables are larger and the pockets are smaller. I did have my own cue at one stage (which had Ronnie O'Sullivan's signature on it) but it didn't help my standard a great deal. I would play either snooker or pool (or both) more often if I got more chances, but most of my chances these days consist of the odd game at the pub.

Snooker in my experience suffers from a reputation for being "boring", particularly among the younger generation (the older generations were old enough to enjoy the 1985 world snooker final).

Yeah, Im always cheering him on through the T.V, doubt he remembers me though after 10 years.

Oh yeah, the Aulde BCE Ronnie Sig Cue, they retail at around £50 these days. Not top notch though.

Some of the cues I had were expensive, and the cases. Had an Original Predator with 14piece shaft from 1960's, A £400 Meucci Cue (Ivory Inlays etc), Cues for breaking with, Leather cases. Was very expensive for some things.

My highest snooker break is 121 in Practice, 72 in a match. Usually hitting 30/40 breaks constant. Have remained like that for 10 years, never improved really bar my confidence. I don't find it boring at all, I was born in 1985, the year of Dennis Taylor' finger wagging. I play in the amatuer local snooker leauges now, but play the American pool to higher standard. In snooker I've played Allen and Jo Swail, got offered to play Jimmy White at an Exhibition, but couldn't make it :(. In 9-ball I've played Alex Higgins and Ronnie O'Sullivan..played Higgins in a tournament and played Ronnie at a Pool club near Belfast that I practiced in, he just turned up as he knew the owners of the club and wanted to be taught a few 9-Ball tricks. If you ever play me, snookering me is of no use, I know my angles :yahoo:, also either don't expect a shot or if you get one, don't mess it up lol. I'm a confident bugger when it comes to playing on the Baize.hi.gif